Author Topic: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 2  (Read 13162 times)

Offline NC Nats Fan

Re: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 2
« Reply #25: July 02, 2011, 12:39:50 PM »
You sure?  Given that it's not being broadcasted anywhere, we can't possibly in viewing territory for it.

If I had to lay money down on it, I would lay it with the game being blacked out. This is MLB and Bud Selig we are talking about.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #26: July 02, 2011, 12:40:22 PM »
If I had to lay money down on it, I would lay it with the game being blacked out. This is MLB and Bud Selig we are talking about.
I know it's happened with the NBA equivalent, but I refuse to believe this.  Oh well, maybe I'll just go to the game then :P

Offline NC Nats Fan

« Reply #27: July 02, 2011, 12:41:42 PM »
I know it's happened with the NBA equivalent, but I refuse to believe this.  Oh well, maybe I'll just go to the game then :P

Which is exactly what they are trying to get people to do!

Offline Sharp

« Reply #28: July 02, 2011, 12:43:40 PM »
Which is exactly what they are trying to get people to do!
Right, but the deal is between MASN/Angelos, MLB.TV, and the various networks that want MLB games, most of whom are trying to maximize viewership... thanks to a certain baseball owner, the Nats themselves have no real control over it.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #29: July 02, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »
From Spuds McCracken
#Nats lineup vs. #Pirates --Game 1: Bernadina-8, Werth-9, Zimmerman-5, Nix-7, Morse-3, Espinosa-4, Pudge-2, Desmond-6, Hernandez-1

Please note John Lannan is starting the evening game and Livo the day game

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #30: July 02, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
whoever has mlb.tv and lives in the DC area can you please let me know if you get the nats game when it comes on?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #31: July 02, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »
Good lineup.

"@washingnats: #Nats lineup vs. #Pirates --Game 1: Bernadina-8, Werth-9, Zimmerman-5, Nix-7, Morse-3, Espinosa-4, Pudge-2, Desmond-6, Hernandez-1"

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #32: July 02, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »
today is the day desmond and werth get going. 

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #33: July 02, 2011, 01:32:03 PM »
Good lineup.

"@washingnats: #Nats lineup vs. #Pirates --Game 1: Bernadina-8, Werth-9, Zimmerman-5, Nix-7, Morse-3, Espinosa-4, Pudge-2, Desmond-6, Hernandez-1"

I see that lineup to, but ESPN specifically says that Livan is pitching the nightcap.  I left Lannan as the pitcher, but I'm wondering if this is the night game lineup.  They definitely will have a different catcher, but I wonder how many other players will sit. Posted on the first post, Page 1:

Pittsburgh Pirates                                              Washington Nationals
     (41-40, 22-20 away)                                               (41-41, 23-13 home)

1- Presley LF                                                         1- Bernadina CF
       2- d'Arnaud SS                                                      2- Werth RF        
       3- Jones RF                                                            3- Zimmerman 3B
       4- McCutchen CF                                                    4- Nix LF
       5- Walker 2B                                                          5- Morse 1B
       6- Overbay 1B                                                       6- Espinosa 2B
       7- Wood 3B                                                            7- Rodriguez C
       8- McKenry C                                                          8- Desmond SS
       9- James McDonald P                                             9- Livan Hernandez
(5-4, 44 BB, 67K, 4.52 ERA, 1.59 WHIP)                  (5-8, 31 BB, 68K, 3.81 ERA, 1.36 WHIP)

John Lannan has an ERA of 1.81 in home starts this season (5.18 on the road).

Offline Strasburg37

« Reply #34: July 02, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »
Lannan due to get rocked.
Dumb comment.  The guy's been pitching great.

Offline NC Nats Fan

« Reply #35: July 02, 2011, 01:48:58 PM »
They should have started Game 1 at 1pm...why wait until 3:30?

Offline Strasburg37

« Reply #36: July 02, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »
Looks like MLB.TV is showing the game.
I got a monthly subscription to try it out on my iPad.  Hoping the game is indeed on because I tried it out last night, and the picture was incredible.  I live outside the D.C. area so I'm thinking it should probably work on there.  Will let you guys know when the game starts.

Offline Strasburg37

« Reply #37: July 02, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »
By the way, Pittsburgh's lineup, on paper, is an absolute joke.  Hurdle has done an amazing job getting so many wins out of his AAA roster.  He's manager of the year in my book.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #38: July 02, 2011, 01:51:22 PM »
By the way, Pittsburgh's lineup, on paper, is an absolute joke.  Hurdle has done an amazing job getting so many wins out of his AAA roster.  He's manager of the year in my book.
A bit early for that.  Manager of the first half of the season, maybe.  But the Pirates fans I know don't seem to like him much.

Offline NC Nats Fan

« Reply #39: July 02, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
A bit early for that.  Manager of the first half of the season, maybe.  But the Pirates fans I know don't seem to like him much.

yea why like a guy who actually has them winning....Pirates fans are so used to losing they don't know what to do.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #40: July 02, 2011, 02:01:24 PM »
By the way, Pittsburgh's lineup, on paper, is an absolute joke.  Hurdle has done an amazing job getting so many wins out of his AAA roster.  He's manager of the year in my book.

I can't figure out why the Pirate are doing so well. Pitching, I know, but their pitchers don't jump out at me either.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #41: July 02, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »

Agreed- he's going to pitch spectacularly today.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #42: July 02, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
I can't figure out why the Pirate are doing so well. Pitching, I know, but their pitchers don't jump out at me either.
McCutchen is a superstar CF and they have a pretty good bullpen (though they only used one of their good relievers against us yesterday, and he got three consecutive strikeouts).  They have been getting offense and pitching from surprising places.  Most of all, though, they're incredibly lucky--they're something like six wins above their expected record.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #43: July 02, 2011, 02:06:13 PM »
whoever has mlb.tv and lives in the DC area can you please let me know if you get the nats game when it comes on?
I can check on my iPhone and see, but I'd guess it's blacked out.  Also, how would they have an MLB.tv stream?  Are Bob and FP doing the game and recording it to be shown later or what?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #44: July 02, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
Lannan due to get rocked.

The offense should do something against McDonald though, he stinks

John Lannan has an ERA of 1.81 in home starts this season (5.18 on the road).

Offline NC Nats Fan

« Reply #45: July 02, 2011, 02:09:54 PM »
I can check on my iPhone and see, but I'd guess it's blacked out.  Also, how would they have an MLB.tv stream?  Are Bob and FP doing the game and recording it to be shown later or what?

They will show what is shown on the video board and have the radio announcers.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #46: July 02, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
They will show what is shown on the video board and have the radio announcers.
Well hell, that's even better!  Charlie and Dave FTMFW!

I hope it's a good game, if so I can watch the replay on MLB.tv tonight when I get home.

Offline kirubel94

« Reply #47: July 02, 2011, 02:16:04 PM »
By the way ,Detwiler could be on his way up here on Tuesday for a spot start.

Offline NC Nats Fan

« Reply #48: July 02, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »
Well hell, that's even better!  Charlie and Dave FTMFW!

I hope it's a good game, if so I can watch the replay on MLB.tv tonight when I get home.

Don't hold me to it, but that is what has been done in the past on MLB TV.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #49: July 02, 2011, 02:19:38 PM »
They should have started Game 1 at 1pm...why wait until 3:30?

The 3:35 PM game makes up the game postponed by projected rain (that never materialized.)  It's at 3:35 PM to be able to have a 2-for-1 price double header.  They couldn't do that if it were scheduled at 1:00 PM, as there would be a 3-hour wait until the 7:05 PM game.

I don't expect this to be carried on MLB-TV because nobody is broadcasting it.  Bob Carpenter and MASN repeatedly said they cannot broadcast it, as Fox has exclusive rights for that time slot today. Fox is broadcasting the Yankees vs. the Mets. The Nationals chose a true double-header to make up this game, giving up the TV rights.  

Charlie Slowes & Dave Jagler do a great radio pre-game show and broadcast.