Author Topic: Come on Man....  (Read 3099 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Come on Man....
« Topic Start: May 05, 2014, 08:16:52 AM »

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Re: Come on Man....
« Reply #1: May 05, 2014, 09:19:37 AM »
:thumbs:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #2: May 05, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
Span has bad stats, but in big situations like that AB with a runner on third I am mindfacting he usually gets the job done. He has drawn some big walks, moved the runner over, and gotten on himself in late game situations.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #3: May 05, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »
Span has bad stats, but in big situations like that AB with a runner on third I am mindfacting he usually gets the job done. He has drawn some big walks, moved the runner over, and gotten on himself in late game situations.
He has an OPS over 950 in high leverage situations.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=spande01&year=2014&t=b#lever

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #4: May 05, 2014, 11:44:53 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Cliff Lee is a punk. They should have thrown one high and tight on him the next time he got up.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #5: May 05, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
Span deserved that brushback.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #6: May 05, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
Span deserved that brushback.

Only punks quick pitch.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #7: May 05, 2014, 12:57:44 PM »
:lmao:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #8: May 05, 2014, 01:03:26 PM »
Cliff Lee plays for the other team. They should have thrown one high and tight on him the next time he got up.

FTFY.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #9: May 05, 2014, 03:07:40 PM »
BiL is the Cole Hamels of this forum.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #10: May 05, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »
BiL is the Cole Hamels of this forum.

You might have a point. You could say I'm Fake Tough since I haven't gotten in a fight since high school.

But I'm not the pretty boy that punk is.

And Real Men Don't Quick Pitch.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #11: May 05, 2014, 03:37:43 PM »

But I'm not the pretty boy that punk is.

:clap: 

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #12: May 05, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »
if Cliff Lee were a National, not a complaint would be heard.

sure, someone is going to come behind me now and write a wall of text about how they still would have complained because Cliff Lee is the devil incarnate and stuff.

but they are lying.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #13: May 05, 2014, 04:33:34 PM »
And people nag about replay slowing the pace of the game. Guys calling for time, getting out of the box, freaking around with their gloves, taking a few practice swings, and then finally eventually getting back up to the plate and ready to swing takes up much more time in a game than a replay does because batters do it so frequently. I say get in the box and stay in the goddamn box, and if the pitcher gets pissed, he is totally within his rights to buzz the batter with a fastball.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #14: May 05, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »
if Cliff Lee were a National, not a complaint would be heard.

sure, someone is going to come behind me now and write a wall of text about how they still would have complained because Cliff Lee is the devil incarnate and stuff.

but they are lying.

I was going to say something similar.  If it had been JZ doing it to Upton everyone would be bowing down to JZ.  If you're in the box you have to be ready.  Plain and simple. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #15: May 05, 2014, 04:48:40 PM »
And people nag about replay slowing the pace of the game. Guys calling for time, getting out of the box, freaking around with their gloves, taking a few practice swings, and then finally eventually getting back up to the plate and ready to swing takes up much more time in a game than a replay does because batters do it so frequently. I say get in the box and stay in the goddamn box, and if the pitcher gets pissed, he is totally within his rights to buzz the batter with a fastball.

And Span is among the worst offenders in this. That motherfreaker takes forever to get ready to hit.

I was going to say something similar.  If it had been JZ doing it to Upton everyone would be bowing down to JZ.  If you're in the box you have to be ready.  Plain and simple. 

JZ would've been called a "gamer" and "tough" and other crap.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #16: May 05, 2014, 04:57:23 PM »

Of course if you're in the box you're technicallly supposed to be ready. But there's a certain decorum to the game. The pitcher is supposed to gives the batter the courtesy of allowing him to get ready. Otherwise it's called quick pitching and it's really a bush move.

No, I stand corrected. It's not a bush move. It's more like a high school move.

But that's the way the Phillies play. It's sort of like going in high on a double play like Ruiz did.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #17: May 05, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »
Of course if you're in the box you're technicallly supposed to be ready. But there's a certain decorum to the game. The pitcher is supposed to gives the batter the courtesy of allowing him to get ready. Otherwise it's called quick pitching and it's really a bush move.

No, I stand corrected. It's not a bush move. It's more like a high school move.

But that's the way the Phillies play. It's sort of like going in high on a double play like Ruiz did.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #18: May 05, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »
Of course. Because we all know that sliding headfirst is the best option. Less risk of hand injuries that way.

Offline spidernat

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #20: May 05, 2014, 05:38:39 PM »

Really? The Manfredd Man version? Straighten them out JCA. Tell 'em the Springsteen version is the only one that counts.

Of course. Because we all know that sliding headfirst is the best option. Less risk of hand injuries that way.

Dude didn't even slide. He practically went straight up and tackled Desi, which is why he was called out. Next time he gets it in the ear. Straighten 'em out Welch.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #21: May 05, 2014, 08:55:12 PM »
I refuse to even click on that dogpoop.  Which one is it?  Blinded by the Light?  Spirits in the Night? For you?  It's all dogpoop when it passes through that dog Mann's intestines.  Poop, poop, poop, from a dog. 

Click on this if you want to hear about poop

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #22: May 05, 2014, 09:57:43 PM »
Quick pitching a guy high and tight, with his head down, who has a history of serious concussions is as disrespectful and bush league as you can possibly get. Inexcusable.  The injury risk in that move completely crossed the line.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #23: May 05, 2014, 11:17:10 PM »
Quick pitching a guy high and tight, with his head down, who has a history of serious concussions is as disrespectful and bush league as you can possibly get. Inexcusable.  The injury risk in that move completely crossed the line.

Come on.  Should Lee politely ask Span if he is ready before pitching?  If he needs time to adjust his batting gloves, dirt out of spikes, etc then simply ask for time outside the box.  Once inside the box, game on broseph.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #24: May 06, 2014, 01:36:31 AM »
Come on.  Should Lee politely ask Span if he is ready before pitching?  If he needs time to adjust his batting gloves, dirt out of spikes, etc then simply ask for time outside the box.  Once inside the box, game one broseph.

No, he should be a professional - if Lee has a problem with Span he can brush him back when he's looking at the pitch with a chance to get out of the way. What if Span leaned forward and gets beaned in the head when that pitch came in?  His head was down, he didn't even see the pitch. That could have ended his career. Dangerous and Inexcusable.