Author Topic: Ian Desmond Appreciation Thread  (Read 33216 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Ian Desmond Appreciation Thread
« Reply #375: August 16, 2012, 01:16:24 PM »
the problem with sending Moore down for desmond is that he is the most effective RH pinch hitter. Lombo is less effective righty than lefty, and they are not going to use Flores without a 3d catcher on the roster.  Izturis really isn't an option.  I take davey at his word that he wants a couple of big bats off the bench.  To me, he's got the that in Tracy and Bernie from the left side, but Moore is the complement.  I can't see them weakening the team before the ATL series. 

I'm thinking Izturis is the guy to go, or a righty in the bullpen develops a mystery ailment.  Izturis I think is on a short clock once Desi proves healthy.

i give them all the credit in the world if they send out izturis (with the hope he sticks with the club, goes to AAA, gets called up in two weeks).  i know they were worried about moore not being effective off the bench, but he has held his own and come up with some big hits.  plus when he is given ample playing time he has played pretty decently (only with a few bad games at the plate and a few bad reads on balls hit in his direction). 

i'm one of moore's biggest fans and would love if he remained on the roster.  in the past it's not how we would operate (sending down younglings w/ options while keeping vets), but i hope things are changing.