Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1 (L)  (Read 18374 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1 (L)
« Reply #200: August 21, 2006, 09:43:55 PM »
Quote from: "hammondsnats"
i hate damian jackson

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #201: August 21, 2006, 09:44:45 PM »
Borowski in to save the game that Frank handed over to the Marlins on a silver dish.  And AK "the Unable" leads off

Offline PC

« Reply #202: August 21, 2006, 09:44:48 PM »
Quote from: "spidernat"
Quote from: "PC"
spidernet, are you telling us that most other manangers would have, given the same set of circumstances, done what Frank did?

You can't believe that!

no i can't say that conclusively...but are you telling me that no other manager would've left him in there? i myself would've pulled him for a pinch hitter but considering this bullpen maybe he (traber) felt he could go another inning and in reality he could've been out of the inning except for some buzzard luck...then you would be praising him for pitching 7 shutout innings....it's all about excuting, but it goes both ways, one team fails to execute and the other team capitalizes...how many times have other teams failed to spot their pitches but go unnoticed because our hitters failed to execute?

You see, none of that matters.  The manager should always make the right decision, especially when they're easy. And, again, making the right decision doesn't ensure a good result but that's not a reason not to do it.

Look at the evidence:

It was the 7th inning.
Traber had a rough 6th inning.
His pitch count was 85.
The pitcher spot was due up with a runner in scoring position with less than two outs.

Making the right decision in this case was so easy, for so many reason.  I can't imagine the thinking to make the wrong decision.  Every question the manager should ask himself would make him pinch hit and go to a reliever.

It was late in the game.  The pitcher had a bad last inning.  You were likely only going to get one more inning out of him, in the best circumstances.  And you had a chance to drive in a run.

This decision was so easy to make it makes me angry that someone wouldn't be able to figure it out.  I can take a lot of crap from people but I can't tolerate stupidity.  I can take evil better than stupid.  :twisted:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #203: August 21, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »
his decision was so easy to makes me angry that someone wouldn't be able to figure it out. I can take a lot of crap from people but I can't tolerate stupidity. I can take evil better than stupid.

EXACTLY. The decision was so easy, there should be no debate!  Frank is an old senile idiot.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #204: August 21, 2006, 09:50:27 PM »
On the bright side, at least we committed 4 less errors today than we did yesterday. :oops:

Offline PC

« Reply #205: August 21, 2006, 09:50:59 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
On the bright side, at least we committed 4 less errors today than we did yesterday. :oops:

Not playing Damian Jackson will do that!

Offline rileyn

« Reply #206: August 21, 2006, 09:51:05 PM »

And we're not Red Sox fans today.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #207: August 21, 2006, 09:51:38 PM »
Quote from: "PC"
I can take evil better than stupid.  :twisted:

I think you can add lazy as one of Frank's attributes.  The approach at the plate indicates that nobody ever bothered to look at and film of Sanchez and nobody reviewed even the scouting report summary.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #208: August 21, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »

And we're not Red Sox fans today.

Atleast the Red Sox are in the race, we are miles away and will continue to be with Frank at the helm.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #209: August 21, 2006, 09:53:10 PM »
The Nationals would be the RUNAWAY leader for the Wild Card, and closing in on the Mets for the division, if we had a decent manager. There have been so many games just like this one, ALL SEASON LONG, where idiotic managing LOST a game we were on the way to winning.
Please resign Frank.  They won't fire you.  Do the right thing.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #210: August 21, 2006, 09:55:03 PM »
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
The Nationals would be the RUNAWAY leader for the Wild Card, and closing in on the Mets for the division, if we had a decent manager. There have been so many games just like this one, ALL SEASON LONG, where idiotic managing LOST a game we were on the way to winning.
Please resign Frank.  They won't fire you.  Do the right thing.
(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

Quoted For Exact Truth!  We would have been in the playoffs last year if it weren't for Frank and we would be in the hunt this year if it weren't for Frank.  He is SCUM.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #211: August 21, 2006, 10:43:31 PM »
Just great.......and we lose again.  We should have won this.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #212: August 21, 2006, 10:44:32 PM »
This blows.

« Reply #213: August 21, 2006, 11:38:08 PM »
Wow, I have never seen an such an implosion of rational thought on any web board than what I have read here in this game thread tonight.  

In the playoff race?
Closing in on the Mutts?
All season?

I grant you that FR is a problem for this team but come on guys, lack of starting pitching, bullpen, injuries, distractions from a prim madonna, and an offense that is as cold as a corpse and underachieving.....

This team was not destined last year or this year to make it anywhere near the playoffs.  We don't have the tools and we aren't going to get a lot of those tools either for awhile (due to some manager and GM decisions).  We need to all calm down here, take a breath, and go chill a bit.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #214: August 21, 2006, 11:59:27 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
Wow, I have never seen an such an implosion of rational thought on any web board than what I have read here in this game thread tonight.  

In the playoff race?
Closing in on the Mutts?
All season?

I grant you that FR is a problem for this team but come on guys, lack of starting pitching, bullpen, injuries, distractions from a prim madonna, and an offense that is as cold as a corpse and underachieving.....

This team was not destined last year or this year to make it anywhere near the playoffs.  We don't have the tools and we aren't going to get a lot of those tools either for awhile (due to some manager and GM decisions).  We need to all calm down here, take a breath, and go chill a bit.

It is safe to say  that Frank has cost us 9-10 games this year.  That is the difference between Last place in the division and 1st place in the W.C.  Last year we missed the wild card by 8 games, it was also safe to say that Frank cost us that many games.  Our team is not perfect by any means; we have a very inconsistent offense with holes and our rotation is weak at best.  However, due to the lack of good teams in the National League, we would be in the hunt for the wild card if it weren't for Frank.  Just imagine if we were in the AL, we would be 20 games back from the Wild Card.  Just because your team isn't ideal, doesn't mean it can't do well and squeek in to a wild card.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #215: August 22, 2006, 12:15:01 AM »
We could have easily had 6 wins this season instead of losses, by eliminating idiotic managing just like tonight's (failing to pinch hit for a pitcher who was done, with 1 out , 1 man on, plus 1 man on 3rd base.)  EASILY add 6 more wins for brainless base running by Vidro alone. That puts us AHEAD of the Wild Card leading Reds.  Then add games lost because of idiotic base running by other players and we extend out lead in the WC.  Add more wins for the lineup alone.  How many one-run losses because Soriano hits only himself in (he leads MLB in solo HRs.)  Add various stupid pitching decisions.  That's how you win pennants.  By not giving away winnable games.