Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Eury Perez, CF  (Read 22449 times)

Offline RD

Re: Follow the Prospects: Eury Perez, CF
« Reply #25: May 30, 2010, 07:34:54 PM »
Just looking at the numbers, in his last 10 games, Perez is hitting .278, with a 2B, 9 runs, 2rbi, 4/5 on steals, and a 3/7 BB/K ratio.

Respectable numbers, that are nice considering the jump he's made. I figured he would bounce down to Vermont as well once that gets kicked off, but if he can keep going like he is, you might just see him finish the year at Hagerstown. Clearly some things need to improve, but he will probably repeat the level next year and hopefully show what he's improve on. Not falling into a hole and falling apart with the struggles is a good sign. He's actually getting better as the season goes on, which is awesome. His BB/K ratio is the one that stands out to me most(his lack of extra base hits don't bother me - He's not a homerun guy, and the lack of power and his development can account for not shooting balls into the gaps on a regular basis - it'll come in time). But when you look further, he struck out 21 times in 20 April games. He's only struck out 10 times in 26 May games. So it's another positive that he is putting the bat o nthe ball more as he gets more comfortable at the level.