Author Topic: Favorite sports team...  (Read 2656 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Favorite sports team...
« Reply #50: March 01, 2012, 03:22:58 PM »
There's a fan out there that likes the red sox and the nationals?  :lmao:

As bad as that is I know someone who is a red sox/orioles/Nats fan so he has one up on hammonds. But the worst is during football season. Depending on the standings he is a ravens/patriots fan.  :crackup:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #51: March 01, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
As bad as that is I know someone who is a red sox/orioles/Nats fan so he has one up on hammonds. But the worst is during football season. Depending on the standings he is a ravens/patriots fan.  :crackup:

wow that sucks. 

again i'll root for the o's, but if they are playing the nats i want the nats to sweep them by 73,048 runs.

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #52: March 01, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
ahhhhh, the beloved "grab bag" fan. They're a packers, spurs, alabama, canucks, and angels fan. they've also never been to any of those areas in their life.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #53: March 01, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »
Nats/Sox makes sense to me - a lot of people who end up here go to school in New England, and it's not like there is history or animosity between the teams

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #54: March 01, 2012, 03:38:42 PM »
Nats/Sox makes sense to me - a lot of people who end up here go to school in New England, and it's not like there is history or animosity between the teams
No history maybe, but there's still a distaste among most of the league for a handful of teams.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #55: March 01, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »

But because someone can't wrap their head around it, it must be stupid.    :|

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #56: March 01, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »
I can understand the hate for the Sox.  I'm not offended by it.  Comes with the territory.  Beats the heck out of being Charlie Brown for 86 years. 

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #57: March 02, 2012, 01:06:16 AM »
So how do Nats and Redskins games figure into the TV schedule in your region?

Redskins are on every week on WTTG Fox 5 and we have MASN and MASN2. We also have a Johnstown station that carries Steeler games plus we get the Rat Birds on another CBS station.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #58: March 02, 2012, 06:02:42 AM »
Baseball: Nationals
Football: Ravens
Hockey: Capitals
College football/basketball: Marshall, Maryland

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #59: March 02, 2012, 06:04:52 AM »

That's so funny!

I know several folks that switch back and forth between the Redskins and Ravens. They are solidly in the Raven's camp right now, but will switch in a second if the Redskins have a better season than the Ravens. They use the old "I support the local teams" excuse.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #60: March 02, 2012, 06:12:50 AM »
Redskins are on every week on WTTG Fox 5 and we have MASN and MASN2. We also have a Johnstown station that carries Steeler games plus we get the Rat Birds on another CBS station.

It's kind of funny where I live. If you have DirecTV (which I have), you get all the Washington stations as local. WUSA 9 won't show the Ravens if they are playing at the same time as the Skins on Fox 5. If you get Comcast cable here, you get a mixture of Baltimore and DC stations, including a BMore CBS station that shows all Raven's games. I've had Sunday Ticket for years to ensure that I get to see the Ravens every week.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #61: March 02, 2012, 06:13:58 AM »
SENATORS/NATIONALS
CAPITALS
ORIOLES (and anybody who plays the Yankees)
REDSKINS
TERPS (grew up in Maryland, so even though I didn't go there; Dad took us to a football game or 2)
HIRAM COLLEGE TERRIERS!
LOCAL TEAMS during MARCH MADNESS
Wizards - I follow them to see if they won or not.

Ravens - in the playoffs because of the "I support the local teams" excuse

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #62: March 02, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »
They use the old "I support the local teams" excuse.

It's fine to support the local teams but to call baltimore teams local is freaking stupid.

You get Washington stations and stations from PA?  :shock:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #63: March 02, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
It's fine to support the local teams but to call baltimore teams local is freaking stupid.

You get Washington stations and stations from PA?  :shock:

Yeah, there are a lot of Steeler fans around here and they raised a big stink about not getting their games. Atlantic Broadband then gave us a Johnstown CBS channel. So, we have Johnstown, Baltimore and D.C. CBS channels, 2 Fox channels and 2 NBC if I'm not mistaken.

Offline RD

« Reply #64: March 02, 2012, 04:37:37 PM »
USC football. I will watch every second of every game, even to watch freshmen and walk ons get on the field. Game days are big events. If Im watching it at someone else's place I get pissed if they turn it, even if its a blow out.

Clippers. Sort of weird having people talk about them in a positive light. Ive always worn my gear in public, but always get comments now. Theyve always had some exciting moments, but they are a lot more apparent now, and are finally turning that excitement into W's.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #65: March 02, 2012, 05:04:43 PM »
Nats
NYY
Skins
-------
United
Caps
Columbia U. Lions
--------
Formula 1

Hate: basketball, all auto racing except for road racing, Philthies, Orioles, Eagles (actually all redneck Philfans)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #66: March 02, 2012, 05:14:53 PM »
Steelers .. win/lose/50s/60s/70s/80s/90s/00s  .... etc.

Nats
Caps
Premier League soccer ... de jour

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #67: March 02, 2012, 06:32:03 PM »

How so?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #68: March 02, 2012, 09:03:33 PM »
How so?

Because Baltimore is not local to DC.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #69: March 02, 2012, 09:04:30 PM »

I would say it is. 40 minutes is pretty close. Some people have to travel 40 minutes to Anacostia that are around DC. I think it takes us 25-30 minutes to Anacostia

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #70: March 02, 2012, 09:06:01 PM »
I would say it is. 40 minutes is pretty close. Some people have to travel 40 minutes to Anacostia that are around DC. I think it takes us 25-30 minutes to Anacostia

Two different cities, two different cultures, two different traditions. Also, never made it to BMore in 40 minutes from DC.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #71: March 02, 2012, 09:10:42 PM »

Well fine, if you live in DC.  Baltimore and DC are about the same distance away from me.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #72: March 02, 2012, 09:13:27 PM »
Two different cities, two different cultures, two different traditions. Also, never made it to BMore in 40 minutes from DC.

Strange. I guess its your location. I mean, if I'm calling DC local, I might as well call Baltimore local too. One is closer by about 10-15 minutes though.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #73: March 02, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »
Well sure, there's a small area in between the two cities that are equidistant.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #74: March 02, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »
Well sure, there's a small area in between the two cities that are equidistant.

There are many areas that are equidistant, I'm about an our and a half drive from each, not considering traffic.