Author Topic: Ups and Downs with the Indians  (Read 4523 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Sigh... (Indians' Fan Lament)
« Reply #50: August 06, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »
You can keep assuming everyone here is Redskins fans, and you'll keep assuming wrong.

Just the real true DC residents  :eyebrows:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #51: August 06, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »
Just the real true DC residents  :eyebrows:

As someone who no longer lives in the DMV, I think I'm off the hook. 8)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #52: August 06, 2012, 10:48:49 PM »
Please report troll posts and do not reply to them. 

:whip:

There's someone here who will have trouble cracking 50 posts if he keeps on posting nothing but insults.  And anyone baiting him will also have a drop in post count.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #53: August 06, 2012, 10:58:07 PM »

Please report troll posts and do not reply to them. 

:whip:

There's someone here who will have trouble cracking 50 posts if he keeps on posting nothing but insults.  And anyone baiting him will also have a drop in post count.

Offline NatMan

Re: My Apologies...
« Reply #54: August 09, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »
With the way he's managing, hopefully it won't be for long.  He can take Chris Antonetti and Larry Dolan with him.  lol

what happened to shaprio?   Is he the president of the team now?    Man do u long for the days of Hart and Hargrove?   In the early-mid 90's the tribe were the model franchise on how to build a young team and keep it together.   

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Re: My Apologies...
« Reply #55: August 09, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »
As the other Indians fan on this board, I certainly do wish the Tribe well.

Definitely need a change... is it at manager or does the problem go higher up? Only time will tell... but I hope a fix is found soon.

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
« Reply #56: August 09, 2012, 12:25:06 PM »
what happened to shaprio?   Is he the president of the team now?    Man do u long for the days of Hart and Hargrove?   In the early-mid 90's the tribe were the model franchise on how to build a young team and keep it together.

Shapiro is now the team's president.  Antonetti was his asst. gm and understudy so he was naturally promoted.  Many former Indians asst's are around the league.  Josh Byrnes, Neal Huntington, Dan O'Dowd just to name a few...  However, the way Antonetti runs things is confusing.  He makes mind boggling moves (like making 2 trades this year to acquire left handed bats when our whole team bats...left handed)...

I miss the days of John Hart yeah.  He wasn't afraid to spend nor make steals in trades.  But what I really long for is an owner who CARED about the team and wanted to spend...wanted to win.  Richard (Can't say what he goes by on here...might be blanked out) Jacobs did.  Larry Dolan cares more about his pocket books and the team has suffered for it.

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #57: August 09, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »
As the other Indians fan on this board, I certainly do wish the Tribe well.

Definitely need a change... is it at manager or does the problem go higher up? Only time will tell... but I hope a fix is found soon.

Manny Acta needs to go.

Chris Antonetti needs to be fired.

Larry Dolan NEEDS to sell the team - say to Mark Cuban or Dan Gilbert.  They want to win.  Dolan doesn't care.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #58: August 09, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »
Manny Acta needs to go.

Chris Antonetti needs to be fired.

Larry Dolan NEEDS to sell the team - say to Mark Cuban or Dan Gilbert.  They want to win.  Dolan doesn't care.

Yes. Dolan has always been the biggest problem.

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #59: August 09, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »
Yes. Dolan has always been the biggest problem.

I think the Dolan's don't belong in sports.  If you remember, his brother hurt the Knicks and now he's hurting the Tribe. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #60: August 09, 2012, 12:42:05 PM »
I thought it was Ken Rosenthal?

I remember wanting Antonetti as GM of the Nats back when Bowden went packing.  In retrospect, I'm glad it didn't happen.  Baseball writers kept praising Antonetti for his role in building up the Indians by being instrumental in the talent evaluation that led to their resurgence in '05-'07.  It appears as if that assessment was a bit off.  The Indians have become a real collection of misfit toys.  Guys like Jack Hanahan and Casey Kotchman should not be your primary corner infielders.  They were cast aside by the Mariners and A's, FFS.

You're probably not going to get a John Hart, but you have to be able to do better than Antonetti.  As for Dolan, I feel for you, but you're screwed seeing as how ownership in sports only changes hands once in a blue moon.  Maybe hope for a McCourt-style divorce?  :mg:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #61: August 09, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
In my opinion, Huntington was always the brains behind the Indians.

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #62: August 09, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »
In my opinion, Huntington was always the brains behind the Indians.

When Shapiro was in the front office as GM, he was.  You're correct.

Offline Tribe Time

Indians are...
« Reply #63: August 11, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
45-3 when leading after 7 innings - the best in the Major Leagues.  Too bad they only have 7 other wins than that...or maybe 8 if you look to tonight.  The back end of the bullpen is one of the best in the majors with Pestano and Perez.  The middle relief on the other hand...not so much.

That's what I like about Rizzo's job with the Nats.  He gets a well rounded out pen... players who can be reliable not just in one inning...or one set of innings, but all around.  Rizzo has built a young super power team...and the Nats will only get better.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Re: Indians are...
« Reply #64: August 11, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
It's hard for me to imagine the Nats improving much. I keep waiting for things to go to hell.

But I hope you're right!

45-3 when leading after 7 innings - the best in the Major Leagues.  Too bad they only have 7 other wins than that...or maybe 8 if you look to tonight.  The back end of the bullpen is one of the best in the majors with Pestano and Perez.  The middle relief on the other hand...not so much.

That's what I like about Rizzo's job with the Nats.  He gets a well rounded out pen... players who can be reliable not just in one inning...or one set of innings, but all around.  Rizzo has built a young super power team...and the Nats will only get better.

Offline Tribe Time

Alright baseball fans...

Who's right and who's wrong in this situation.  A fan from the Oakland A's (who have an ugly color scheme mind you) goes and heckles Chris Perez.  Listen to Chris Perez's response.

Who's right?  Who's wrong?  Personally I think Chris Perez is right.  Fans think they can come in and heckle the other team the whole time and nothing will come of them.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: Ups and Downs with the Indians
« Reply #66: August 21, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »
Downs and downs with the Indians.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #67: August 21, 2012, 04:32:36 PM »
i'm not trolling when i say i'm thrilled the indians are having a bad year.  the manager wasn't good here.  i've never been a big fan of them as a whole (outside of kenny lofton and the two good major league movies).  don't get me wrong they've had some good teams over the years (some really good ones).  and a lot of my friends are indians fans, so i'm happy for them when they are good ...

plus jack hanahan's name is too close to joel hanrahan's name and that reminds me of the bad days for the nats.  oh and once again their manager reminds me of the bad days for the nats.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #68: August 21, 2012, 05:09:32 PM »
When someone starts a paragraph with "I'm not trolling..." suspect it. ;)
i'm not trolling when i say i'm thrilled the indians are having a bad year.  the manager wasn't good here.  i've never been a big fan of them as a whole (outside of kenny lofton and the two good major league movies).  don't get me wrong they've had some good teams over the years (some really good ones).  and a lot of my friends are indians fans, so i'm happy for them when they are good ...

plus jack hanahan's name is too close to joel hanrahan's name and that reminds me of the bad days for the nats.  oh and once again their manager reminds me of the bad days for the nats.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #69: August 21, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »
The fan was a douche. I understand Chris Perez's response, but he can gain nothing. He's not going to go after the guy: he'd get massively fined.

In his place, though, I'd want to do the same thing, and if he had dragged him on the field and pounded him, I would have enjoyed the video more.

Alright baseball fans...

Who's right and who's wrong in this situation.  A fan from the Oakland A's (who have an ugly color scheme mind you) goes and heckles Chris Perez.  Listen to Chris Perez's response.

Who's right?  Who's wrong?  Personally I think Chris Perez is right.  Fans think they can come in and heckle the other team the whole time and nothing will come of them.

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #70: August 21, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
The fan was a douche. I understand Chris Perez's response, but he can gain nothing. He's not going to go after the guy: he'd get massively fined.

In his place, though, I'd want to do the same thing, and if he had dragged him on the field and pounded him, I would have enjoyed the video more.

I would have LOVED that.  =)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #71: August 21, 2012, 10:14:58 PM »
What a douche!  Geez!

I went to college 30 miles east of cleveland.  So they were my favorite Central team.  The Browns were my favorite AFC team!

I met some great friends in Ohio.  Fond memories!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #73: September 06, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
I would have LOVED that.  =)

I'd love it if a Mack truck got driven straight up your asspipe.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #74: September 06, 2012, 08:08:47 PM »
And... he back. ;)

I'd love it if a Mack truck got driven straight up your asspipe.