Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 96748 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #975: September 30, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »
I would still cut Cundiff.

They had major problems with taking bad penalties. Montgomery takes a chopping penalty that stalls a drive AFTER the Bucs had been drawn offsides. As the center he of all people was in great position to see that it was already a free play and he freaked it up by committing a bad and unnecessary penalty. Garcon also had an awful and selfish penalty that stalled a drive. Chris Chester missed an important block on the play right before the 31 yard FG miss that would've easily extended the drive.

Is Gano still a FA?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #976: September 30, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »
Is Gano still a FA?

He's probably been busy banging all the FSU groupies/sluts.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #977: September 30, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »
Terpfan76, your boy Trent Williams was a beast today. He looked like he was walking gingerly at times during plays but he gutted it out and held his own.  :clap:

Offline PC

« Reply #978: September 30, 2012, 08:46:55 PM »
The only way Cundiff "rescued" RGIII and the Redskins is if he has Münchausen syndrome by proxy.

Offline Clever

« Reply #979: September 30, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »
Griffin rescued Cundiff which allowed Cundiff to rescue himself.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #980: September 30, 2012, 11:07:47 PM »
The Redskins have been woeful on 3rd down. They can't continue to be that bad on 3rd down and expect to remain competitive.

Also, "Bust" Hankerson had 7 catches.

I saw a little more of the playbook unveiled today. Baby steps but as long as they win I'm good with it. I'm just hoping the entire playbook is available by Thanksgiving.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #981: October 01, 2012, 12:01:34 AM »
RGIII said that his helmet microphone broke on the final drive, and he called half the plays himself.

(Use that anytime you get idiotic play calls from Little Shanahan.)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #982: October 01, 2012, 12:28:34 AM »
Terpfan76, your boy Trent Williams was a beast today. He looked like he was walking gingerly at times during plays but he gutted it out and held his own.  :clap:

Trent's played pretty well this year. Perhaps he's more intense since he's had to back up off the smoke... I like that Griffin is looking for Davis too. I also agree with you that the seem to be opening up the playbook a bit. I'd like to see some more bootleg bombs, but all in good time. I just wish the D could hold a lead well enough that we would be able to run the clock at the end of a game instead of rushing down the field in a last ditch effort to pull out a win.

This just in, RGIII is looking to be legit fwiw....

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #983: October 01, 2012, 03:13:07 AM »
RGIII said that his helmet microphone broke on the final drive, and he called half the plays himself.

(Image removed from quote.)

The last drive looked a little too well planned for Shanny Jr ;)

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #984: October 01, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »
So glad I drafted Morris with the last pick in my fantasy team. I'm sure it has a lot to do with Shanahan, but he is beasting right now.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #985: October 01, 2012, 09:15:20 AM »
I'd like to see some more bootleg bombs, but all in good time.

Some but I also want Griffin to learn how to settle for the small gains to stay ahead of the down marker. Because of his success at Baylor he seems enamored with the big play but sometimes you just have to forego the low percentage play settle for taking the money and moving on to the next play with a 5 yard gain.

This morning I heard Tony Kornheiser on a radio program giving his "take" on the game. He went on for a little while talking about yesterday's game and when his segment was coming to an end they asked him about Ryder Cup golf and he got excited and talked about how great that was. It was then that he admitted that he didn't even watch the Redskins game because he was watching golf.  :lmao:  I wonder how many people actually think he's relevant. That dude has never been relevant in my book when it comes to sports. He's a clown.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #986: October 01, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

It's inexcusable that the NFL doesn't have league employees at every stadium to handle the clock operation and to oversee the technical side of communications. There have been issues in the past where home team clock operators did something to favor the home team. And I don't think it's coincidence that headsets sometimes "malfunction" at crucial times of games. The helmet mic worked fine for the entire game yet it mysteriously stopped working during the final drive.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #987: October 01, 2012, 02:12:45 PM »
Some but I also want Griffin to learn how to settle for the small gains to stay ahead of the down marker. Because of his success at Baylor he seems enamored with the big play but sometimes you just have to forego the low percentage play settle for taking the money and moving on to the next play with a 5 yard gain.

This morning I heard Tony Kornheiser on a radio program giving his "take" on the game. He went on for a little while talking about yesterday's game and when his segment was coming to an end they asked him about Ryder Cup golf and he got excited and talked about how great that was. It was then that he admitted that he didn't even watch the Redskins game because he was watching golf.  :lmao:  I wonder how many people actually think he's relevant. That dude has never been relevant in my book when it comes to sports. He's a clown.

Yeah, I just like the idea of going deep a couple times a game to keep the safeties honest. It's been so long since we've had that ability you know... After 4 games though, his progress has been quite impressive. He gets better every week, not a whole lot more we can ask for as far as RGIII's perfomance goes.

Offline PC

« Reply #988: October 02, 2012, 03:43:25 AM »
If the Braves win the Wild Card game and the Nationals are the #1 seed, on Sunday, Atlanta will play Washington at Fed Ex Field and Washington will play Atlanta at Turner Field.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #989: October 02, 2012, 06:54:41 AM »
It's inexcusable that the NFL doesn't have league employees at every stadium to handle the clock operation and to oversee the technical side of communications. There have been issues in the past where home team clock operators did something to favor the home team. And I don't think it's coincidence that headsets sometimes "malfunction" at crucial times of games. The helmet mic worked fine for the entire game yet it mysteriously stopped working during the final drive.

Dd you notice the game clock not working at the start of the third quarter?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #990: October 02, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »
Dd you notice the game clock not working at the start of the third quarter?

That did happen but I can't remember the one I saw the other day where the clock operator didn't start the clock correctly and it ended up helping the home team because it kept the visiting team from running out the clock.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #991: October 02, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »
Spider - I sent you a PM about this but I thought I'd ask here too - is the Shanahan "system" gone or what?  Some of what I've seen of the offense with RG3 (dude is legit) has looked kind of bland but those trick plays don't seem very Shanahan-esque.  I still want Mensa Mike and KY Kyle to have to coach in Cleveland, but from what I've seen so far it seems like they're doing a good job with developing RG3.  Your thoughts?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #992: October 02, 2012, 01:57:33 PM »
Spider - I sent you a PM about this but I thought I'd ask here too - is the Shanahan "system" gone or what?  Some of what I've seen of the offense with RG3 (dude is legit) has looked kind of bland but those trick plays don't seem very Shanahan-esque.  I still want Mensa Mike and KY Kyle to have to coach in Cleveland, but from what I've seen so far it seems like they're doing a good job with developing RG3.  Your thoughts?

While I'm not spidey nor do I pretend to be ;), I'll throw out my $.02. I think they are actually expanding on the Shanny system not getting rid of it. They still pound the ball and I agree with Spidey that they haven't opened the playbook up all the way yet, but they have been adding more by the week. I think they want him to just be able to play and not think too much. He's clearly smart enough to digest it, but he's a rookie. The kid looks to be for real and I love watching him play. The combination of Griffin and Morris looks nice. Add to that the fact that he's starting to spread the ball around to Davis, Hankerson and Moss due to Garcon being out for awhile has actually been beneficial. If he had better protection, good lord.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #993: October 02, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »

While I'm not spidey Terpfan76 nor do I pretend to be ;), I'll throw out my $.02. I think they are actually expanding on the Shanny system not getting rid of it. They still pound the ball and I agree with Spidey Terpfan76 that they haven't opened the playbook up all the way yet, but they have been adding more by the week.

autopilot rocks    :mg:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #994: October 02, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »
autopilot rocks    :mg:

That and great minds think alike.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #995: October 05, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
Damn. I don't know what to do! I've got tickets to the Skins game on Sunday but the Nats, man.... ugh

Offline spidernat

« Reply #996: October 05, 2012, 04:46:23 PM »
I know two people that are coming with my group that are looking to buy tickets to that game if you want to unload them.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #997: October 05, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »
GENERAL SHERMAN PICTURES AT FEDEX!

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #998: October 07, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »
Can't get off the field on 3rd down

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX