Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 18946 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #250: March 31, 2008, 08:27:03 AM »
It was pretty chilly by the end of the game, but I didn't feel like I was underdressed *except* for the fact that I wished I had some gloves...  my hands were cold and aching by the time we left and even worse by the time we got on to one of the buses back to RFK (wouldn't you know they were running out of lot 8? ;) )

Great game overall, though I was admittedly furious when we blew the lead in the 9th on a passed ball...  especially after I had been telling my girlfriend (a Braves fan) the whole game "don't worry, that scoring in the first is all we'll do, and then we'll blow it in the 9th somehow."  Of course at the time, I was just trying to use the old reverse jinx trick to stave off disaster, but I turned out to be exactly right.

Thankfully Zimmerman rescued us in dramatic fashion.  You could almost feel when he came to the plate that something was going to happen, it just had to.

And for those who like to keep up with obscure stats, this is now the second consecutive year that the Nationals have won my first attended game of the season via walk-off - I attended last year's game 3 Dmitri Young walk-off against the Marlins at RFK in which Josh "looks foul to me" Willingham let Young's deep fly to left drop in the corner.