Author Topic: Larry Hughes to the Cav's. Good or bad?  (Read 2636 times)

Offline rileyn

Larry Hughes to the Cav's. Good or bad?
« Topic Start: July 08, 2005, 06:22:40 PM »
I have mixed feelings on this one.  I hate to see his talent go, but I trust Ernie Grunfeld.  I don't know if Hughes would have been worth upsetting the teams salary scale.  Time will tell.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1: July 08, 2005, 06:26:43 PM »
DC Basketball seems doomed to mediocrity in my opinion.  But then I'm not a huge hoops fan either.  Is it true that Phil Jackson might return to coach the Lakers again?  If he does and they win again, it will confirm my belief that he has in fact made a pact with Satan  :twisted:   :lol:

Offline rileyn

« Reply #2: July 08, 2005, 10:36:06 PM »
Chief, you really aren't a basketball fan are you?  It's been official, Phil Jackson is back with the Lakers.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #3: July 08, 2005, 11:36:25 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Chief, you really aren't a basketball fan are you?  It's been official, Phil Jackson is back with the Lakers.

Shows what I know  :lol:

visionary

« Reply #4: July 09, 2005, 02:14:33 AM »
They will miss Hughs, but they will be able to find someone or some combination to take his place, I think...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #5: July 09, 2005, 11:56:59 AM »
You guys are lucky, you can discuss brag or whatever about real basketball teams. But us poor Canucks are STUCK with the Raptors...

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #6: July 10, 2005, 11:38:50 PM »
gonna be HARD for the Wizards to replace Larry Hughes.

he was part of the heart & soul of that team.

the Wizards are on the verge of being a great team.  it starts with the first playoff appearance.  but if they let their core players get away, they won't be able to be a playoff team consistently.

shame on the Wizards GM for letting Hughes walk.

Offline mjteggy05

« Reply #7: July 11, 2005, 01:21:54 PM »
Arenas is the franchises face and best player, and what Hughes was asking for was ridiculous. He's a very good player, but not great. His all-defensive team selection is misleadin b/c he plays terrible one-on-one defense, he just gets steals b/c he plays passing lanes. The Wiz should be fine if they can get one good or a couple decent players this summer to replace Hughes and Kwame.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #8: July 13, 2005, 09:25:54 PM »
for 15 mil a year, the cavs arent getting what they paid. hes amazing defensively, but not a 15 million dollar offensive player.