Author Topic: Gio linked to roids???  (Read 22895 times)

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Re: Gio linked to roids???
« Reply #300: January 30, 2013, 06:20:07 PM »
The trainer hadn't spent enough money there to be funneling stuff to anyone.
Where did you see how much you spent?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #301: January 30, 2013, 06:25:30 PM »
At least one UM coach makes an appearance as well: Jimmy Goins, the strength and conditioning coach for the Hurricanes baseball team for the past nine seasons. Goins is recorded in multiple client lists; in one detailed page dated December 14, 2011, Bosch writes he's selling him Anavar, testosterone, and a Winstrol/B-12 mix and charging him $400 a month. Another, from this past December, includes sales of HGH and testosterone.

The key here is that Goins was noted in records from the clinic as receiving $400 a month in Anavar, Testosterone, a Winstrol/B-12 mix and HGH. These news writers want you to think this is the makings of a steroids scandal in the Hurricanes baseball locker room. They want you to envision ilicit bathroom butt punctures and needles exchanging hands between the Miami strength coach and juiced up players. This is a great scene, too bad it's not true.

I used to work at a clinic that did a lot of these "low-T" procedures, so I called my former boss who sold these treatments.

"We charge over $1200 a month for a HGH treatments," said the clinic administrator. "Testosterone is really cheap, we charge $10 per injection and you need to get one shot a week every week. We charge $15-20 for B-12 shots, but HGH and the rest of the drugs are expensive."

Then I asked, "How many people can be treated with testosterone, B-12 and HGH for $400 a month?"

"I can't believe even one person can be treated for that much. Unless he was getting HGH from China, that's not even at cost."

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2013/1/29/3928436/miami-hurricanes-baseball-steroids-scandal

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #302: January 30, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »
The connection is still concerning, of course.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #303: January 30, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »
This seems pretty damning to me.  Maybe Max Gonzalez was buying stuff for himself and this doctor was assuming it was for Gio, but their family comes off as annoying and I would think he was blabbing.

Offline PC

« Reply #304: January 30, 2013, 08:46:47 PM »
Pitchers and catchers reported on 2/19 last year, the doctor's notes mention 2/20.  Matches up if he was cycling on for the upcoming season.

So, what did he do during the regular season?  Quit cold turkey and wait for the offseason again?

Why would he "cycle on" at the beginning of spring training...when hardly pitches and the games don't count?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #305: January 30, 2013, 08:53:42 PM »
So, what did he do during the regular season?  Quit cold turkey and wait for the offseason again?

Did you see the billing history on the previous page?  His dad was buying thousands of dollars of that stuff in April and May of last year.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #306: January 30, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »
The fact that his strength coach knew the doctor isnt more bad than good.  It's very possible that was Gio's referral, but that doesn't mean he was dirty.  Just because one trainer is dirty doesn't mean everyone he trains is.  At a gym I use to go to, there was a trainer who people pretty much knew had steroid hook ups.  I trained with the guy and he was able to instruct me without push roids.  I'm not saying I believe Gio, but I havent seen anything to make me not believe him either.

Offline PC

« Reply #307: January 30, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »
Did you see the billing history on the previous page?  His dad was buying thousands of dollars of that stuff in April and May of last year.

So, Gio bought in February but Dad bought the rest of the time?

Ok...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #308: January 30, 2013, 09:27:05 PM »

:crackup:

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #309: January 30, 2013, 09:37:07 PM »
L-Glutamine has been confirmed as being banned, the leagues are fine with it as a substance, but Google has determined it to be a steroid and does not allow it to be used as an "Adword".

I searched the MLB banned substance list and didn't see L-Glutamine, am I missing something?  Man I hope it just turns out that either Gio's dad was buying stuff for his own use, or that Gio was only using approved supplements.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #310: January 30, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »
I searched the MLB banned substance list and didn't see L-Glutamine, am I missing something?  Man I hope it just turns out that either Gio's dad was buying stuff for his own use, or that Gio was only using approved supplements.

He said it was banned by Adword... not by the MLB.

A bad joke, that is.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #311: January 30, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sportsnutrition/a/Glutamine.htm
Glutamine Supplements for Athletes

Athletes who take glutamine supplements do so in order to prevent muscle breakdown and to improve immune system functioning. Several clinical studies have found that oral glutamine can decrease the incidence of illness and infection in endurance athletes or athletes involved extreme training regimens. Research has also found that glutamine supplements can help maintain muscle mass by preventing protein breakdown and improving glycogen synthesis thereby increasing muscle glycogen stores.

Glutamine is a classified as a nutritional supplement and is not banned by any sport organizations. It can be found in most health food stores in the form of gels or tablets and is often an ingredient in many commercial protein powders. Due to the limited research there are no established guidelines for doses, but About.com’s Guide to Bodybuilding recommends starting at 3 to 5 grams per day.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #312: January 30, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
He said it was banned by Adword... not by the MLB.

A bad joke, that is.

Wasn't a joke as much as a less than fascinating piece of trivia that the word is banned by Google.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #313: January 30, 2013, 10:02:47 PM »

:crackup:

hahahahahahahahahaaaa

Yeah, his dad was spending $1,500 a month on perfectly legal weight loss products that cost $30 a pop online.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #314: January 30, 2013, 10:06:04 PM »

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #315: January 30, 2013, 10:11:44 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Reminds me of basic training ...  "Gentlemen, place your right hand on your right ear.   Place your left had on your left ear and pull your head out of your ass."

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #316: January 30, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
Anybody but me hoping that Gio gets the Andy Pettitte treatment?  You know, dirty but still loved?

Offline PC

« Reply #317: January 30, 2013, 10:28:44 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

hahahahahahahahahaaaa

Yeah, his dad was spending $1,500 a month on perfectly legal weight loss products that cost $30 a pop online.

Yes, ha ha ha...

Again, you're proposing that Gio bought in February but his father bought the rest of the time.

The obvious question, why would Gio buy at all if his father was his go-between?  Also, what about the previous years?  Gio was a slightly better pitcher last year, moving to the NL, than he was in previous seasons.  Did Gio buy then or was he also using his father?  Or is he new to the steroid game?

If he was new to the steroid game, what would have been the point?  He'd already signed his extension so it wasn't money.  Prepping for his next contract,  perhaps?

Also, it's not unreasonable that his father didn't know what the drugs he was using cost.  He's like almost every other American, in that respect.  Try getting an aspirin from a hospital.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #318: January 30, 2013, 10:29:58 PM »
Pettitte admitted his usage.

Gio if, guilty, would have to come clean about it, and own it, to be accepted.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #319: January 30, 2013, 10:31:52 PM »
Gio if, guilty, would have to come clean about it, and own it, to be accepted.

Too late after his rather adamant denial

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #320: January 30, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »
Anybody but me hoping that Gio gets the Andy Pettitte treatment?  You know, dirty but still loved?

I've got no moral issue against roids, I'd be perfectly fine with winning a World Series with a team of juicers, my only concerns are that they're smart enough to not get caught. Gio's now at (low) risk of a significant suspension and more troubling is the potential drop off in performance now that his source is cut off. 

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #321: January 30, 2013, 10:34:32 PM »
What did Ryan Braun do when he got caught?

Whoever said being associated with the U of M coach was the worst revelation yet - I agree.  There is a ton of smoke there.

edit - Braun suffered no drop-off, so there is that.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #322: January 30, 2013, 10:34:33 PM »

True.

Winning a World Series or two would also make for great public amnesia!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #323: January 30, 2013, 10:35:10 PM »
What did Ryan Braun do when he got caught?

Whoever said being associated with the U of M coach was the worst revelation yet - I agree.  There is a ton of smoke there.

Hoped like hell that his dirty sample would get thrown out on a technicality.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #324: January 30, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »

It's not too late if he's trying to win public acceptance, but an admission would bring a certain suspension, denial is the proper course of action.