Author Topic: Gio linked to roids???  (Read 23703 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Gio linked to roids???
« Reply #125: January 29, 2013, 12:09:37 PM »
Very strong statement from Gio.  I'll believe him until there is evidence to the contrary.  Let's hope there is no further evidence other than what we've heard.
Agreed...

This doesn't count.

Neither does this.

Offline R-Zim#11

« Reply #126: January 29, 2013, 12:11:26 PM »
I am with holding judgement or comment until everything gets fleshed out.

However, strong statements are only a strong as the person stating them:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #127: January 29, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »
Hopefully there are no canceled checks or credit card receipts

Offline PC

« Reply #128: January 29, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »

Again, if he's financially supporting his parents then there is likely some kind of payment receipts connected to him, even if the purchase was for his father.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #129: January 29, 2013, 12:20:48 PM »
Welcome to my roid party party

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #130: January 29, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »
Agreed...

(Image removed from quote.)
This doesn't count.

(Image removed from quote.)
Neither does this.

LOL this gifs are slaying me

Offline Hondo

« Reply #131: January 29, 2013, 12:43:43 PM »
So the doctor has been linked to PEDs, but as far as we know the notes about Gio have been substances NOT on the banned list.  Obviously more information will be coming, but I find this somewhat optimistic.  I hope he's clean, I really like Gio.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #132: January 29, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »
Considering pretty much every athlete who uses PEDs from Armstrong to Marion Jones to Palmiero adamantly denies it, the denial itself offers no comfort to me. Let's see where the evidence goes. In most of these cases, where there is smoke there is fire. To me, either there is a legitimate explanation that helps clears things up or there isn't. And the latter often leads to a slow drip of information that catches the athlete in a web of lies. Hopefully, that doesn't happen, but I would expect it would unravel pretty quickly if there is something to this.

Unfortunately, HGH is the tough thing to prove without all the tests and so forth. The lawyerly statement is to say you never took PEDs by defining PEDs as substances that were banned at the time you took them. So, without positive tests, an ongoing discovery of circumstantial evidence, even if inconclusive, will leave a dark cloud of suspicion that will be hard to shake.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #133: January 29, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/3/most-of-gio-gonzalezs-spring-training-rental-apart/?page=all

It seems unlikely that Max Gonzalez wasn't already given enough money by Gio to pay the bills himself:
When the Nationals approached Gonzalez this winter about a contract extension, days after dealing away enough of their farm system to fall from No. 1 to No. 12 in Major League Baseball as ranked by Baseball America, he jumped at it. Then he bought himself a Lamborghini, his mom a Rolls Royce and his dad a Ferrari. “We had a lot of struggles,” Gio says, before he seems to consider this an understatement and revises it. “Are you kidding me? We didn’t have nothing. I remember paying for haircuts with quarters. That’s why when I buy my parents any car they want, I do it as, ‘Man, we came from nothing to something.’ “

But it sounds like Max mentioned Gio's name any time he talked to anyone.  It may have been written in the notebook from simply a father bragging:

"...Max and Yoly and the rest of Gonzalez’s familial entourage, too. Their pride often knows no bounds. They introduce Gio to everyone. From the passengers next to them on planes to the man working the car wash. They want everyone to know their son, and they don’t want to miss a minute. Sometimes it can cause friction, but never with ill will. “Give it five minutes,” Braden said. “If Gio hasn’t told you how good he is, just wait for his mom and dad to do it.”

The collective group of Washington, D.C., humanitarians assisting Vicky Cabrera. Left to right: John Villamil, John Alexiades, Gio Gonzalez, Jennifer Matta, Ali Lewis (guest only), Thomas Haveron (guest only), Max (Gio's father) and Patricia DeLima. — at Opera Ultra Lounge.

Humanitarians Come Together To Help 13-Year-Old Girl 'Live Life With An Open Heart'
http://www.glittarazzi.com/trends/113138-vicky-cabrera-live-life.html

Offline terpfan417

« Reply #134: January 29, 2013, 12:49:53 PM »
For some reason I'm not that worried about this.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #135: January 29, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »

If Gio wrote a check to a PED supplier he deserves a lifetime ban.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #136: January 29, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »
Considering pretty much every athlete who uses PEDs from Armstrong to Marion Jones to Palmiero adamantly denies it, the denial itself offers no comfort to me. Let's see where the evidence goes. In most of these cases, where there is smoke there is fire. To me, either there is a legitimate explanation that helps clears things up or there isn't. And the latter often leads to a slow drip of information that catches the athlete in a web of lies. Hopefully, that doesn't happen, but I would expect it would unravel pretty quickly if there is something to this.

Unfortunately, HGH is the tough thing to prove without all the tests and so forth. The lawyerly statement is to say you never took PEDs by defining PEDs as substances that were banned at the time you took them. So, without positive tests, an ongoing discovery of circumstantial evidence, even if inconclusive, will leave a dark cloud of suspicion that will be hard to shake.

There are also plenty of times when doctors who claim they are linked to professional athletes turn out not to be. Remember that doctor here in Virginia that claimed to provide PEDs to athletes from the Washington Capitals and the Washington Nationals? - nothing ever came of it.

So ... I guess I'm in the wait and see camp

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #137: January 29, 2013, 12:56:34 PM »
Here is what really sucks, his record is now tarnished forever.  Regardless if something comes out saying he was innocent and there was a mix up or whatever, he will always be linked to this.  He could be clean as a whistle, but there will always be clout.

Just because it looks and smells like a horse doesn't necessarily make it a horse.  The media will forever ingrain in our minds that it was a horse though, and now the carefree, fun loving demeanor of Gio is lost.  It's not like a guy like Morse who was caught in the minors, it will inevitably make fans think differently about him.

Also, if he is suspended for just being linked to a dirty clinic, it seems dumb but it may be the "right" thing to do in the eyes of MLB just because it would be hard to produce a result of "clean" by the player within a short enough timeframe to where it matters.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #138: January 29, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
I still want to know why he associated himself (or his father) with a fake doctor who specialized in hgh, until there is a decent answer for that, I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #139: January 29, 2013, 01:06:02 PM »

Could be another Gio Gonzalez, or just someone using his name.

"Gio" is probably a nickname used by Ryan Zimmerman.  :lol: 

Didn't ARod say in a press conference after getting busted that he and his cousin bought something called "boli" and that it was a naive mistake of youth trying to live up to a contract?  :lmao:

Most of the names are of Latin players. Another code word?

Offline GSW

« Reply #140: January 29, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »
Ryan, Danny, and Gio.......... :doh:

THEN  Rizzo starts the DC cheer... WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!  2014  :wtf:

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #141: January 29, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
Ryan, Danny, and Gio.......... :doh:

THEN  Rizzo starts the DC cheer... WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!  2014  :wtf:

Offline Hondo

« Reply #142: January 29, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
I don't think so.  He's 27 with alot of baseball to play.  They are now going to be testing for roids and hgh.  All he needs to do in continue to playing at the high level under the new testing format.  That should answer all questions.

Here is what really sucks, his record is now tarnished forever.  Regardless if something comes out saying he was innocent and there was a mix up or whatever, he will always be linked to this.  He could be clean as a whistle, but there will always be clout.

Just because it looks and smells like a horse doesn't necessarily make it a horse.  The media will forever ingrain in our minds that it was a horse though, and now the carefree, fun loving demeanor of Gio is lost.  It's not like a guy like Morse who was caught in the minors, it will inevitably make fans think differently about him.

Also, if he is suspended for just being linked to a dirty clinic, it seems dumb but it may be the "right" thing to do in the eyes of MLB just because it would be hard to produce a result of "clean" by the player within a short enough timeframe to where it matters.

Offline PC

« Reply #143: January 29, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »
I still want to know why he associated himself (or his father) with a fake doctor who specialized in hgh, until there is a decent answer for that, I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Lots of doctors prescribe hgh.  They're not illegal for the general public and they have non-sports uses.

Also, he might not have known the son wasn't a doctor.  The father is a doctor....or the other way around...one is a doctor and the other isn't.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #144: January 29, 2013, 01:18:43 PM »
So this is what the San Francisco Giants boards were like.

Considering pretty much every athlete who uses PEDs from Armstrong to Marion Jones to Palmiero adamantly denies it, the denial itself offers no comfort to me.

:clap:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #145: January 29, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »
Lots of doctors prescribe hgh.  They're not illegal for the general public and they have non-sports uses.

Also, he might not have known the son wasn't a doctor.  The father is a doctor....or the other way around...one is a doctor and the other isn't.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/content/printVersion/3491967/ read the description of the clinic and tell me that sounds legitimate. The father is a real doctor, the son who ran the clinic isn't

Online blue911

« Reply #146: January 29, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »
Biogenesis of America doesn't have a website. ( danger sign) but on Yelp it's listed as a weight loss center. That means little but at least it doesn't contradict Max's statement.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #147: January 29, 2013, 01:31:47 PM »
There are also plenty of times when doctors who claim they are linked to professional athletes turn out not to be. Remember that doctor here in Virginia that claimed to provide PEDs to athletes from the Washington Capitals and the Washington Nationals? - nothing ever came of it.

So ... I guess I'm in the wait and see camp

That Florida steroids dealer said that he was selling to a sports medicine guy who was in turn supplying the Caps and Nats. They busted the middle man, who had his office in Balston Mall and connections to a number of Caps but they were never able to prove that the middle man actually provided the steroids he was purchasing to the Caps.

Kind of interesting that the time line for the Caps and Ovie falling back off of their top of the league status coincided with their supply line being cut.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #148: January 29, 2013, 01:38:08 PM »

Saw your "quote" from CatsEye, hoping for the real deal. CatsEye joined my ticket group this year, paid up in full immediately upon getting the bill last September, and was one of the quickest responders to questions, then seems to have disappeared. Missing the ticket draft, not even sending in picks, nothing for the past few weeks. Scary stuff.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #149: January 29, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »
So this is what the San Francisco Giants boards were like.

Shrug, I'm neutral until I see a GOOD reason not to be.  Neither the information available so far nor the "strong denial" from Gio are enough to convince me one way or the other, I'm simply maintaining the status quo until I see a reason not to.  Yesterday I knew nothing about Gio doping, and today I've seen nothing to change my mind on that.

This.  Has anyone ever sued for slander because of something like this?  Doesn't seem likely since it's extremely difficult to prove a negative, but it sure makes you wonder what recourse a person has against such things in the internet age.