Poll

Who would you rather keep?

Adam LaRoche
68 (60.7%)
Michael Morse
44 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Author Topic: Morse or LaRoche  (Read 52031 times)

Offline monkeyhit

Re: Morse or LaRoche
« Reply #125: October 31, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
I think what this comes down to is redundancy, if it is a question of one or the other.

If Goodwin pushes and T-Mo continues to impress than Morse is redudant, by way of T-MO

ALR is not made redundant by anyone on this roster or in our system. I also dont see many options in Free Agency that would be a better buy. There are lefty Power bats available, and we could have someone else play 1B, but I think you will have to overpay those bats as well. If you are going to overpay, overpay one of your own.

This is my thinking too.  LaRoche is the perfect fit for the Nats right now. Moore makes Morse redundant already and if Goodwin actually makes the team in 2013, Morse is really unnecessary.
Don't expect Goodswin will be up all that quick, but who knows?  Get the wallet out, Mike. Try to front load the contract.

** Edit - Goodwin really does not have to push for Morse to be redundant, but he does have to push for us to have to make a decision, this team can support Morse and Moore on the same team, worked fine in 2012