Author Topic: LEGO figures of WNFF members.  (Read 71270 times)

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Re: LEGO figures of WNFF members.
« Reply #1150: July 06, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »
and walks....

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1151: July 06, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
I can't read it, what does it say?

Some interviewer (NME) doubted Richey Edwards that he was "for real" with all of his crazy talk so he carved "4 REAL" into his forearm.  He disappeared a couple of years later.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #1152: July 06, 2012, 04:27:33 PM »
Some interviewer (NME) doubted Richey Edwards that he was "for real" with all of his crazy talk so he carved "4 REAL" into his forearm.  He disappeared a couple of years later.

If you're going to have perm scars, you could probably come up with something better.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1153: July 06, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
Well, we'll miss your creativity. I feel the same way some times - particularly in GDTs.

Good luck!

I'm not afraid to post because of jinxes or anything of that nature, JCA. I stopped by here after reading about the Lerners saying that money isn't an issue to see the reaction, and just as I suspected, certain members who shall go unnamed are still being unbearable jerks even though the team is playing well and is undeniably on the way to being a perennial World Series contender. That is why I quit coming here, and why I'm not coming back on any regular basis. I'm sorry you guys miss my LEGO stuff, but I really don't need all the stupid drama that comes with being active here. When I partake in Internet communities, I do it to have fun, and this place is too full of anti-fun for that to happen.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1154: July 06, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »
I'm not afraid to post because of jinxes or anything of that nature, JCA. I stopped by here after reading about the Lerners saying that money isn't an issue to see the reaction, and just as I suspected, certain members who shall go unnamed are still being unbearable jerks even though the team is playing well and is undeniably on the way to being a perennial World Series contender. That is why I quit coming here, and why I'm not coming back on any regular basis. I'm sorry you guys miss my LEGO stuff, but I really don't need all the stupid drama that comes with being active here. When I partake in Internet communities, I do it to have fun, and this place is too full of anti-fun for that to happen.

Vega, it's possible to avoid all that, and I do. True, it's a little irksome to keep a running tab in my head of "don't click that thread, don't click that thread, don't click that thread," but I find it's worth it for the genuinely good, fun, awesome people here. Check out the story about Ian Desmond and the '40s baseball glove, for example. As much as certain corners of WNFF are obnoxious flamewars without end, the good stuff is always, for me at least, uhhh, werth it.

Whatever you do, you're one of the good guys. All the best.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #1155: July 06, 2012, 04:52:14 PM »
I don't see anything that couldn't be solved with extensive use of the ignore user button. In the end it is an invidual call but it is a bummer when people leave.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1156: July 06, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »
I don't see anything that couldn't be solved with extensive use of the ignore user button. In the end it is an invidual call but it is a bummer when people leave.

People jsut need to get the sticks out of their asses and learn to laugh.  Jesus Christ some of these people would need the stick in their ass attached to a Patriot to get it unstuck.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1157: July 06, 2012, 08:52:19 PM »

Thanks.  do miss your posts. To my count, I've only seen one really strong cheap / not cheap argument recently (yesterday).  It just doesn't dominate the conversation that much when you have results  to argue about.   Be patient is all I can ask.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1159: August 17, 2012, 07:37:52 AM »
Nats minifigures are now available from MLBShop.com.

http://shop.mlb.com/search/index.jsp?kw=mini+figure&f=Taxonomy%2FMLB%2F1452340&f=Taxonomy%2FMLB%2F1452371&lmdn=Category&f=Taxonomy%2FMLB%2F1895815&fbc=1&fbn=Taxonomy

hahahahahahahahahahaha omg ... we need to pitch in and get vega the set so he can continue the adventures with these toys.  i wonder what stephen strasburg action figure would say to lego stephen strasburg all-star edition?

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #1160: August 17, 2012, 07:42:02 AM »
Funny how many players were left out when you consider they included replacement "Player 00".

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1161: August 17, 2012, 08:24:34 AM »
A Jordan Zimmermann collectible! 
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13004662
Now, if they only had his shirts stocked in the souvenir stands and signed him to a long term contract.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1162: August 17, 2012, 11:42:26 AM »
A Jordan Zimmermann collectible! 
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13004662
Now, if they only had his shirts stocked in the souvenir stands and signed him to a long term contract.

if they had the JZ high socks i would be a buyer.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1163: August 17, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »
The Ramos figure should only have one leg.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1164: August 17, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »
i really miss vega, hope you're back for good buddy.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1165: August 21, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »
I suppose I should officially confirm what has been obvious for a while now; the LEGO Adventures are finished. I was running out of inspiration towards the end of the LoD adventure, and now I'm totally out. I looked through all of my LEGOs last week, and once I got past the nostalgic value, I didn't really feel anything. The creative spark they once provided is now gone, as is my interest in them. Maybe I've finally outgrown them, or, perhaps more likely, I've done all that I can with them. It was to the point that as I was looking through my minifig parts to try to make new figures, I couldn't find any parts I hadn't used before in the adventures. I've given all of the creativity related to LEGO that I had left to give to the WNFF project, but I don't think I could be happier with the results. I had a great deal of fun doing it, and I'm so glad you guys were able to enjoy it too.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1166: August 21, 2012, 05:28:10 PM »
Thanks Vega.  It made the offseason in particular fun.  Be sure to stick around and enjoy the ride with the rest of us.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1167: August 21, 2012, 05:41:56 PM »
I suppose I should officially confirm what has been obvious for a while now; the LEGO Adventures are finished. I was running out of inspiration towards the end of the LoD adventure, and now I'm totally out. I looked through all of my LEGOs last week, and once I got past the nostalgic value, I didn't really feel anything. The creative spark they once provided is now gone, as is my interest in them. Maybe I've finally outgrown them, or, perhaps more likely, I've done all that I can with them. It was to the point that as I was looking through my minifig parts to try to make new figures, I couldn't find any parts I hadn't used before in the adventures. I've given all of the creativity related to LEGO that I had left to give to the WNFF project, but I don't think I could be happier with the results. I had a great deal of fun doing it, and I'm so glad you guys were able to enjoy it too.

(Image removed from quote.)

:clap:

Being an "old guy" I didn't always "get it" but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #1168: August 21, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »
Well done Vega. Thanks for sharing. It provided ample entertainment.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #1169: August 21, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »
And so he walks.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1170: August 21, 2012, 08:44:25 PM »
And so he walks.

+1. My thought exactly even before I came to the end of the thread!

:clap: :funny: :rimshot: :w:

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1171: October 13, 2012, 09:22:55 PM »
On the borders of Morcia, the LoD stopped to rest and eat.

Suddenly, a giant yeti attacked and ate everyone but Spider and Mattionals!

They ran as fast as they could!

The yeti swiped at them with it's giant claw, slicing off Mattionals' head!

Spider turned to make his final stand, but the yeti swiftly shredded Spider's chest open.

Wizards don't taste good, so the yeti left. Spider staggered on, blood gushing from his chest, leaving a trail in his wake.

After just a few steps, Spider fell to his knees, his life force utterly spent.

As he lay dying, Spider gazed at the overcast sky, thinking of all of the ladies he'd banged, all of the beasts he'd slain, and all the loot he'd collected.

A smile crept across his face. Yes, his was a life awesomely spent.

And so died the great dark wizard known as Lord Spider.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #1172: October 13, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »
This completely broke the malaise I've been in since last night!

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #1173: October 13, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »
This is way better than Game of Thrones. More sex, too, with Spidey playing such an important role in the story. Chicks and banging and what not.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #1174: October 13, 2012, 09:46:01 PM »
NO!!!!!!!   With no LoD there can't be an SSS and most improtantly, no GoINFU!!!!!!!   No opposing forces = no dramatic action = NO STORY!

Live on Spidey!  Resurrect the LoD!