Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2 (Curly W)  (Read 20747 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Quote from: "PC"
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"
Quote from: "wpa2629"
Escobar in right? Kearns in Center? Uh??

they need to switch.

Escobar in Center, Kearns in Right.  it's just natural that way.

They just switched, finally!  I guess someone woke somebody up!  :?

The first time they showed Frank in the dugout tonight, it looked like he was asleep.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Nice job fellas!  dp ... ok ... c'mon ... we can get some runs .... Willis ain't all that - (ha!)
 :oops:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
You know after a couple of innings in which O'Connor has somewhat settled down, let's give him his due he has put up two 0's on the scoreboard, I think it is imperative that the Nats put up a run or two to assist the morale.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Quote from: "spidernat"

So FR is to blame for the bad stuff but if they resurge and make the WC he gets no credit? That's been my point all along. I blame him for his faults but it's not entirely him that's to be blamed. Baseball skippers are overrated by the media and a lot of people fall for that BS.

no. wrong. missed the point. AGAIN.

I'm saying if Frank is blameless for failures, then he should NOT get credit for successes.  if he gets credit for successes, then he should be held accountable for failures as well.  

nobody is saying that he's to blame for EVERYTHING ENTIRELY.  but he IS to blame for CERTAIN things.  he's not blameless, and it is not wrong to blame him for things that he is accountable for.  he does not make the pitches or swing the bat, so that is up to the players execution.   but he DOES decide WHO makes the pitches and WHO swings the bat, and WHEN they do it.  that's a managerial decision, and he should TOTALLY be held accountable for it.  THAT is my point.

with that, the Fire Frank talk should cease, because we're ruining the game thread. :)

Offline spidernat

The advertisements for this weekend's reopening of RFK may explain why the Nats are on channel 20 tonight.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
You know after a couple of innings in which O'Connor has somewhat settled down, let's give him his due he has put up two 0's on the scoreboard, I think it is imperative that the Nats put up a run or two to assist the morale.

That would be a very pleasant bonus ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Atta boy NICK! ... sorry uggla , you ain't no Zimmerman out there!

Offline JMW IV

Kearns Trivia:

Who was the last National to wear #28?

Offline JMW IV

did they ever say what was wrong with Guillen?

Offline sportsfan882

there's your offense for ya.  Leadoff single, and then 3 straight groundouts.  typical

Offline spidernat

I guess I'm just stupid because you say I never get what you're saying. I never said FR was blameless, but a lot of you blame him daily for this team being so bad, and you are one of them and you are also the one that said he shouldn't get any credit in the unlikely scenario that they turned things around. Maybe you're the one that misses the point because you have taken this fire FR thing personally.

Having said that, some of you criticize others for stating their opinion and calling you out for your opinions and even resort to name calling. If it bothers you that much to have someone use sarcasm to make a poitn than I guess I have no business engaging in this forum. You guys can keep your precious space where you can say anything you want, even when it has little merit, without having anyone express an opposing opinion. And no need to write it dude, I guess I missed your point again!

Offline PC

Some arm problem, I believe.  I don't know why he's not already on the DL.

They're not going to get anything for him in a trade and he's not helping the team, playing injured.

Offline spidernat

And I believe Tony Blanco was the last to wear 28. But I don't know what I'm talking aobut anyway.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

They're not going to get anything for him in a trade and he's not helping the team, playing injured.

Who went down to bring up O'connor? Jackson?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Ok, O'connor's doing better ... now we need some bats!

Offline JMW IV

I guess I'm just stupid because you say I never get what you're saying. I never said FR was blameless, but a lot of you blame him daily for this team being so bad, and you are one of them and you are also the one that said he shouldn't get any credit in the unlikely scenario that they turned things around. Maybe you're the one that misses the point because you have taken this fire FR thing personally.

Having said that, some of you criticize others for stating their opinion and calling you out for your opinions and even resort to name calling. If it bothers you that much to have someone use sarcasm to make a poitn than I guess I have no business engaging in this forum. You guys can keep your precious space where you can say anything you want, even when it has little merit, without having anyone express an opposing opinion. And no need to write it dude, I guess I missed your point again!

um...what the hell are you babbling about?

I don't blame Frank daily for anything. I only blame him when he makes a bad decision.  that's all.  just like I blame Guillen when he grounds out with RISP.  Just like I Blame Bowden when he makes a stupid trade.  

if you want to express an "opposing opinion" then that's fine.  nothing wrong with it.  but don't get mad when your opposing opinion gets debated and criticized.

nothing here bothers me, and I don't take anything personally. it's really not that serious.  you are acting like saying to Fire Frank is a personal insult or something, and it's really not that serious.

and please, quit it with the "some of you" when it is obvious that you are talking to me.  just say "You."  k?

and when I say you missed the point, it is because you did. multiple times.  I said in another thread that I hoped one of the Radio Stations become more than just a Redskins 24/7 station, and you went off on a tangent about how I think it is wrong to be a Redskins fan.  that, my friend, is missing the point.

if the whole situation bothers you that much, we can end the discussion, and not talk about it again. I am perfectly fine with that.

now, back to the game.

Offline sportsfan882

Jackson was put on the 15day DL

Offline JMW IV

And I believe Tony Blanco was the last to wear 28. But I don't know what I'm talking aobut anyway.

that's correct, but perhaps you need to take a deep breath and count to 10 or something.

you are really upset for no reason.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Update, Guillen ... soreness in the right elbow ... (explaining the throw he sailed in the first ...)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "sportsfan882"

Jackson was put on the 15day DL

As I suspected ... thanks.

Offline sportsfan882

Man does Fick suck.  We need a better backup catcher

Offline PC

Why is Fick starting tonight?   Could Brian Schenider not have started tonight and have tomorrow off?  Or have yesterday off and start tonight?

If you want to minimize the number of left handed batters against Willis...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Ha! If Nolasco can do it, why not O'connor!? ... Nice job Mike ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "sportsfan882"
Man does Fick suck.  We need a better backup catcher

Fick has had some clutch hits , including a walk off winner ... let's not bang on him quite yet ...

Offline sportsfan882

Why is Fick starting tonight?   Could Brian Schenider not have started tonight and have tomorrow off?  Or have yesterday off and start tonight?

If you want to minimize the number of left handed batters against Willis...

Schneider is left handed also