Author Topic: Nationals Ticket Sales  (Read 12979 times)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals Ticket Sales
« Reply #225: February 28, 2013, 07:09:13 PM »
Has anyone else used tried to use the season ticket holder discount code to obtain season ticket prices for individual games?  I got a message saying it wasn't a valid code.

Same here

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #226: February 28, 2013, 09:02:35 PM »
Mine worked this AM. 

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #227: February 28, 2013, 10:11:57 PM »
Has anyone else used tried to use the season ticket holder discount code to obtain season ticket prices for individual games?  I got a message saying it wasn't a valid code.

Looks like they had the prices wrong for some sections so they disabled the codes. Anyone score some bargain President's Club tix?

Not the first time they screwed up ticket prices, remember in 2006 when they had $12 Yanks tix for $2?

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #228: February 28, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »

The same thing happened to me today so I contacted my ticket Rep.  She told me that she thought it may be because they are revamping their group discount codes for the season.  She also told me that all codes should be up and running again next week.

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #229: February 28, 2013, 11:45:32 PM »
I guess this doesn't surprise me.  They had the whole freaking offseason to get their crap straight and it didn't happen.  Same old story, year after year.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #230: March 01, 2013, 12:58:28 AM »
I assume that the Nats will refund the difference for any full priced tickets purchased while the discount code is unavailable. Of course playoff refunds took six weeks to process...

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #231: March 01, 2013, 08:30:45 AM »
I assume that the Nats will refund the difference for any full priced tickets purchased while the discount code is unavailable. Of course playoff refunds took six weeks to process...

:lmao:  Good luck with that one.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #232: March 01, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »
I'm guessing the refund, if there is one, would be on the spiffy new all-in-one cards.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #233: March 02, 2013, 10:17:42 PM »
Has anyone tried using their season ticket holder code successfully in the last day or two?  I tried it again today and am still being told it's invalid.  I guess I'll assume my ticket rep's guess is correct and will try again next week (unless anyone here has used theirs successfully since Thursday).

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #234: March 03, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »
Any word on if they will still have $5 game-of-day seats available?  Given how other ticket prices have gone up, I bet those are a thing of the past.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #235: March 03, 2013, 02:51:12 PM »
Any word on if they will still have $5 game-of-day seats available?  Given how other ticket prices have gone up, I bet those are a thing of the past.

I'd be surprised if they get rid of them, good for PR, they might even be managed in the ballpark deal, fans who show up early usually spend more money in the park, and for popular games they sell out the $5 tix real quick and then offer up $15 standing room tix for the fans who've already committed themselves to getting to the ballpark early.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #236: March 03, 2013, 02:52:56 PM »
I'm guessing the refund, if there is one, would be on the spiffy new all-in-one cards.

I'd be more than happy with that, except of course that I'm ineligible since I haven't bought any tickets since the STH presale. I'm holding out for the release of the Jr Nats Club coupon code.

Offline UofRfan

« Reply #237: April 12, 2013, 08:43:48 PM »
If you buy PNC Diamond Club Tickets on stubhub which are off a season plan, will you have access to Diamond Club?

How does access work for those? Does the ticket show if its single game or season plan?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #238: April 12, 2013, 08:46:44 PM »
If you buy PNC Diamond Club Tickets on stubhub which are off a season plan, will you have access to Diamond Club?

How does access work for those? Does the ticket show if its single game or season plan?

Sure, Diamond Club seats entitle you to full benefits, unless something has changed this season.

Offline UofRfan

« Reply #239: April 12, 2013, 08:51:51 PM »
New for 2013 - Single game tickets holders will have access to the PNC Diamond Seats & PNC Diamond Lounge areas only. Access to the PNC Diamond Club area is reserved for Season Plan Holders.

http://mlb.mlb.com/was/ticketing/group_sales.jsp?loc=suites

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #240: April 12, 2013, 09:22:10 PM »
New for 2013 - Single game tickets holders will have access to the PNC Diamond Seats & PNC Diamond Lounge areas only. Access to the PNC Diamond Club area is reserved for Season Plan Holders.

Wow, guess they did change things.  Not sure why, the club was rarely packed except for extreme weather games. 

Offline Coladar

« Reply #241: April 13, 2013, 12:45:19 AM »

Uhh... I'm sorry, but if I spend almost $200 on a bloody seat I don't even get to use the Diamond Club? That's obscene. Never mind that single game buyers pay substantially more than the almighty "plan holders." Not an issue for me as a STH elsewhere, but that's just ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous is they screw anyone who does sit in those seats as a single-game buyer and yet don't even reduce the price? If 'plan holders' get access to this perk, perhaps plan holders should pay the single price and singles the plan-holder one. Not a good way to inspire folks to purchase seats in what usually hasn't been a sold out section before this. Crazy.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #242: April 13, 2013, 08:26:07 AM »
What if you buy the tickets on SH from a ST holder?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #243: April 13, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »
Uhh... I'm sorry, but if I spend almost $200 on a bloody seat I don't even get to use the Diamond Club? That's obscene. Never mind that single game buyers pay substantially more than the almighty "plan holders." Not an issue for me as a STH elsewhere, but that's just ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous is they screw anyone who does sit in those seats as a single-game buyer and yet don't even reduce the price? If 'plan holders' get access to this perk, perhaps plan holders should pay the single price and singles the plan-holder one. Not a good way to inspire folks to purchase seats in what usually hasn't been a sold out section before this. Crazy.

Not openly endorsing it myself, but unfortunately that's the price of success.

[priced out of Capitals STH seat two years ago - sadly, that's just how it goes in a market economy]

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #244: April 13, 2013, 09:29:24 AM »

Is there much of a difference between the "Club" and the "Lounge?"  I don't know, but it looks like there are similar amenities in both.  I walked by the tent that serves as the "Lounge" and saw a buffet setup, along with bars and drink coolers.  Maybe they just created a separate area to alleviate crowding?

Offline maxrum

« Reply #245: April 13, 2013, 09:54:51 AM »
What if you buy the tickets on SH from a ST holder?

I'm afraid they will treat this ticket as a single game one. You will probably need actual STH card to access the club.

Offline UofRfan

« Reply #246: April 13, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »
Thats what confuses me, what if as a season ticket holder I give the tickets to my kids or business collegues and transfer to them without handing them the card.  How can that possibly be treated as a single game ticket?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #247: April 13, 2013, 10:44:21 AM »
Thats what confuses me, what if as a season ticket holder I give the tickets to my kids or business collegues and transfer to them without handing them the card.  How can that possibly be treated as a single game ticket?

It can't be.  A major part of the appeal for season ticket holders is the chance to pass on a really nice package to beneficiaries of the tickets - I'm referring to businesses who are looking to maintain / build relationships with clients or customers.