Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 173429 times)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #550: August 11, 2012, 11:54:18 PM »
My
Exactly. That's why it won academy awards. Because it was supposed to be a representation of what the Iraq war was. Not because it was a dumb action flick.

He's so hit or miss. Movies like Field of Dreams, Dances with Wolves, Robin Hood, Bull Durham are good.

Then he has stinkers like The Postman, Waterworld, 3000 Miles to Graceland, The Bodyguard, ect.

Oh and he's going to be Jonathan Kent in the new Superman movie

wife's cousin is EOD and has done three tours, I think in the desert. I asked him about it and he flat refused to watch it because the guy that was the "advisor" had never been a team leader or anything like that and was essentially a REMF. If I'm not mistaken, he had to get other people to help him because he had pretty much zero experience. That said, he said some guys he worked with did see it and thought it was pretty decent. I'll have to ask him again though.

I personally, didn't watch it as a "war movie" but a movie about a pretty much unknown part of the military and what they go through. I thought it was one of the most intense movies I've ever seen. I was just constantly waiting for someone to get blown up. While I will not even pretend to know what it's like to be those guys, freak, I can't even understand why anyone would ever want to do that, but I do get the part where people in that line of work aren't always the same as the rest of us. Hell, it's not even close to the same thing, but the people I work with and myself for that matter, don't see things the way you might. We laugh at people who've been stabbed up, and crack jokes about worse things. It's not because we are "hard" or anything like that, it's how we cope. Is this what the movie is trying to portray? Hell if I know, but that's what I took away from it. Yeah, I know... too many words :lol: