Author Topic: Seeking feedback regarding decreased GDT participation and "negativity"  (Read 4733 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
A lot of the less negative posters don't hang here anymore.
I meant in the GD threads.
A lot of people feel that way. Look at the decrease in gameday participation for an example of this

Would love some feedback from those of you who've stopped participating in GDTs.  I can't work towards a happy medium if people just leave.

Offline Obed_Marsh

If you are counting me as someone who "left", it had nothing to do with WNFF. Just out of town for awhile.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I don't have stats but it would seem pretty clear to me that with the influx of negativity from some of the new and old posters the post counts started to drop off... And in my opinion at a much higher rate than what we usually see every year.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
If you are counting me as someone who "left", it had nothing to do with WNFF. Just out of town for awhile.

No, just anyone to whom the quoted claims apply.

Offline 1995hoo

I just seldom participate in those on any forum except sporadically. Just not how I watch games.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
I'll make my comeback this off season and definitely next season. Until then, terrible 2's are not to be ignored.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
It seems to me that message boards are a place where miserable people can come and be miserable with other miserable people. When the Nats sucked, there was plenty to whine and complain about. Now that the Nats have the best record in baseball, listening to people complain about them is just stupid and annoying

And for the rational, negative people - there's not much to complain about anymore really, so why post?

But I don't participate in Game Threads because I'm basically the Queen of the Damned when it comes game threads - we seem to lose when I participate - I'm superstitious

:shrug:

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Eh, I think people are just utilizing the ignore feature

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I ignore gameday threads, so I give no damns one way or another.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I got burned out by GDT negativity and never went back. With all the winning lots of negative posters are more quite.

It'll probably trend back up over time

Offline DPMOmaha

I don't know what the answer is.  If reasonable conversation could be had, I'd be willing to participate more, but I don't want to deal with all the chicken littles every time the other teams players making a good play is viewed as a mortal failure on behalf of the Nats.  It's not fun to be around, I can't imagine it's a lot of fun to be.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
They've never appealed to me because of all the negativity and panic monkies. I can't say it's gotten worse since I never really participated in them in the first place.

I don't know what the answer is. I suppose we should recognize it as a forum to vent.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Maybe I'm completely wrong about the whole thing. But I don't think you can work it to a happy medium, Chief. I think it'll have it's ebb, and maybe flow.

I'm going to try and experiment Wednesday, I'll put the panic monkeys on ignore and see what it looks like. :)

But the forum in general is a HUGE positive experience.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Maybe I'm completely wrong about the whole thing. But I don't think you can work it to a happy medium, Chief. I think it'll have it's ebb, and maybe flow.

I'm going to try and experiment Wednesday, I'll put the panic monkeys on ignore and see what it looks like. :)

But the forum in general is a HUGE positive experience.

Yeah, the feeling gets super manic when they are winning. Unfortunately, they have been behind much of the postseason.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
I understand people are going to be negative - it's natural. And I approve and encourage "constructive" negative comments - talking about how Bryce ain't so hot right now, that Gio can't find the strike zone, whatever. That's conversation - and I enjoy it.

What I REALLY hate people calling "game" at any point before the end of a game - or any other similar comments. It's just pointless, completely negative in most situations and not constructive in any way shape or form.

But misery loves company. I don't know how you can "stop" these people from just complaining and bringing each other down. I'll just do my part and cheer the Nats on. Keep it positive!

Offline HalfSmokes

I'll make my comeback this off season and definitely next season. Until then, terrible 2's are not to be ignored.

I'm in that boat right now- watching cat in the hat preparing for bed time

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
You captured it.

I understand people are going to be negative - it's natural. And I approve and encourage "constructive" negative comments - talking about how Bryce ain't so hot right now, that Gio can't find the strike zone, whatever. That's conversation - and I enjoy it.

What I REALLY hate people calling "game" at any point before the end of a game - or any other similar comments. It's just pointless, completely negative in most situations and not constructive in any way shape or form.

But misery loves company. I don't know how you can "stop" these people from just complaining and bringing each other down. I'll just do my part and cheer the Nats on. Keep it positive!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I've probably been among the negative posters at times, and I just sort of react to the moment and I likely take it too far.  I'm one of those who likes to vent but I'll work on keeping it to constructive criticism :)  I'm just used to some of the others and it doesn't really bother me anymore.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Ned Flanders for gameday thread guest mod!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I'm watching the game about 15 minutes behind real time, if there was a way to bookmark the game day threads by the at bat it would allow me to comment on Harper's double without finding out that the bum just got nailed at third. Preesh

Offline KingHarper

I'm super-negative during games but that's just how I cope when crap sucks. If I just stay optimistic and they still suck, I'll be even more dissapointed. Just tempering my emotions

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I'm super-negative during games but that's just how I cope when crap sucks. If I just stay optimistic and they still suck, I'll be even more dissapointed. Just tempering my emotions

That's a great way of saying the same thing I was trying to say.

Offline HalfSmokes

game day goes from super.positive to negative, its the nature of the beast

Offline NatsDad14

Have a GDT thread for the SSS and one of the negative crew. Easy fix

Offline Obed_Marsh

Have a GDT thread for the SSS and one of the negative crew. Easy fix

Not so easy if you are bipolar. :?