Author Topic: The Bryce Harper Compendium (2012)  (Read 193260 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: The Bryce Harper Compendium
« Reply #1725: October 24, 2012, 01:29:28 AM »
I don't think I'd have anything to say to a pro athlete if I saw one.

So you hold Pro Athletes in the same regard as you do women :lmao: ;-)

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #1726: October 24, 2012, 01:37:31 AM »
You do the catch his eye, raise your eyebrows and nod.  If he calls you over great!  If not dont bother him!

That, or approach him calmly.  He has an ego, just like all of them, and probably wouldn't mind it being massaged every now and then... 

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #1727: October 24, 2012, 01:57:48 AM »
I sat next to Christian Garcia's family at that epic game against the Marlins with a 9th inning rain delay. I kind of wanted to go over and tell them that I really liked their son and hoped he made the playoff roster, but my sense of propriety prevented me from doing this. I'm sure that parents want to be told that their children are awesome, but I'm cognizant of the fact that these people are approached all the time and may just want time alone.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1728: October 24, 2012, 09:21:10 AM »
You do the catch his eye, raise your eyebrows and nod.  If he calls you over great!  If not dont bother him!

I'm not trying to bang the guy.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #1729: October 24, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »
I think people who pawn over famous people in public are dorks. Maybe if you had a kid with you it's OK.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1730: October 24, 2012, 09:43:15 AM »
I think people who pawn over famous people in public are dorks. Maybe if you had a kid with you it's OK.

You're a dork.

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #1731: October 24, 2012, 10:04:30 AM »
I spend a lot of time where I see celebrities ( movie types). I do not approach them ( because I have no interest) and the unwritten rule is  they are on vacation also and they deserve their privacy . The one exception , for me, is unless there is a viable connection of a mutual friend or past meeting. No autographs or photos period.

On the other hand , I think it acceptable to approach a pro athlete and congradulate him / her on their season and thank them if they are a member of a team that you support and wish them continued success. If you are with a child it is all the more acceptable unless they have a rep for not being approachable. I hope they recognize how meaningful it is for the kid to meet one of their heroes.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1732: October 24, 2012, 10:13:14 AM »
I've talked to Nick Faust at Bentley's before... the kid is four years younger than I am. I offered him a beer. I wasn't trying to annoy him or anything. I did think it'd be damn cool to talk basketball and stuff, as well as eventually ending up being a cool story to tell people. He turned down the beer and asked for some Grey Goose :lol: and I was like "no way" since I was poor as hell at the time.

Obviously, some of the athletes have huge ego's and stuff, but I still think it'd be cool to have a beer and talk about sports or something with some of these people. Like, I'd definitely have a beer with Zimmerman. Just to say I did.

I'd never go out of my way to do any of that stuff though.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #1733: October 24, 2012, 04:08:38 PM »
You're a dork.

Sorry, I meant to say people who fawn (not pawn) over famous people are dorks.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1734: October 24, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »
I've talked to Nick Faust at Bentley's before... the kid is four years younger than I am. I offered him a beer. I wasn't trying to annoy him or anything. I did think it'd be damn cool to talk basketball and stuff, as well as eventually ending up being a cool story to tell people. He turned down the beer and asked for some Grey Goose :lol: and I was like "no way" since I was poor as hell at the time.

Obviously, some of the athletes have huge ego's and stuff, but I still think it'd be cool to have a beer and talk about sports or something with some of these people. Like, I'd definitely have a beer with Zimmerman. Just to say I did.

I'd never go out of my way to do any of that stuff though.

My friends and I ran into Faust at Looney's and he was trying to buy shots for girls, but they weren't have any of it and he ended up giving it to us because, as he put it, "I only drink ciroc"

good times

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1735: October 24, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »
I'm not trying to bang the guy.

Neither was I!

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1736: October 25, 2012, 01:15:08 AM »
I would :lol:

Offline PC

« Reply #1737: October 25, 2012, 04:32:29 AM »
Eleven people out there are serving on a jury with Michael Morse...  They will have to talk to him.   :lol:

http://bitly.com/QHyqTk

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #1738: October 25, 2012, 09:24:19 AM »
Eleven people out there are serving on a jury with Michael Morse...  They will have to talk to him.   :lol:

http://bitly.com/QHyqTk

Showing up in a Nats hoodie!? :lmao: Oh  my...

I guess if he is living in Florida right now then he won't cause a huge distraction. Though not like if he was assigned in DC he would cause a huge ruckus either.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #1739: October 25, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »
Showing up in a Nats hoodie!? :lmao: Oh  my...

I guess if he is living in Florida right now then he won't cause a huge distraction. Though not like if he was assigned in DC he would cause a huge ruckus either.

In his defense, he's supposed to wear what he would wear "to an important business meeting", and that is probably what he would wear to an important meeting in his business.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1740: October 25, 2012, 10:34:59 AM »
i wonder if "take on me" plays when he enters the jury box?

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #1741: October 25, 2012, 10:57:12 AM »
He can just hum it.

In his defense, he's supposed to wear what he would wear "to an important business meeting", and that is probably what he would wear to an important meeting in his business.
:lol: I'd believe it!

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1742: October 25, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »
Honestly, good on him. A lot of people of his stature would find ways to get out of that "inconvience". I think the fact that he not only showed up, but considers it an honor to participate in the judicial system speaks volumes about his character.

Offline GburgNatsFan2

« Reply #1743: October 25, 2012, 02:23:36 PM »
It's not like he doesn't have the time right about now. :)
Honestly, good on him. A lot of people of his stature would find ways to get out of that "inconvience". I think the fact that he not only showed up, but considers it an honor to participate in the judicial system speaks volumes about his character.

Offline terpfan417

« Reply #1744: October 25, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »
has he shaved his beard for the offseason yet?

Nope he was still fully bearded. I thought maybe he was visiting Bryce, although apparently Bryce wasnt out there yet. He and his wife were eating California Tortilla if that does anything for anyone.

Offline terpfan417

« Reply #1745: October 25, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »
My friends and I ran into Faust at Looney's and he was trying to buy shots for girls, but they weren't have any of it and he ended up giving it to us because, as he put it, "I only drink ciroc"

good times

LOL

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1746: October 25, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »
Some of ya'll are approaching stalker level.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1747: October 25, 2012, 04:36:04 PM »
Some of ya'll are approaching stalker level.
no you are

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #1748: October 31, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
Comment From El Dude
Trout and Harper WAR prediction next year...8 and 6?

12:53
 Dave Cameron:
Sure, with Harper being the 8.

take that trout fanboyz!

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #1749: November 12, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
Ben Badler‏@BenBadler

Harper (as a sophomore) won it during Trout's senior year RT @ChrisLowy Was Trout a High School BA POY?