Author Topic: Hagerstown Suns on the move?  (Read 24497 times)

Offline wj73

Re: Hagerstown Suns on the move?
« Reply #125: August 23, 2012, 05:02:29 PM »
By the way - Hagerstown is having a Bryce Harper Replica Jersey giveaway this Saturday for the first 1,000 fans:  http://hagerstown.suns.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t563  They look pretty nice - the staff has been wearing them at the ballpark for a few weeks.  My guess is that this is going to be an extremely popular giveaway

Offline THE PIBBSTER

« Reply #126: November 15, 2012, 06:07:41 AM »
There is information shared with me within the last 2wks that H'town will be out and that SIMON (owner's of The Apple Blossom Mall in Winchester) and SUNS owners have ongoing discussions about constructing a ballpark on 22 acres between I81 and the mall.  SIMON is putting in money for renovations for the mall ... plus a new state of art theater complex (Carmike is doing that).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #127: November 15, 2012, 08:43:32 AM »
mmmmm, Chick-Fil-A . . .

At this point, I'm not believing there's a move happening until there is approval and funding.  Simon had some problems during the recession so I wonder where the cash for the stadium is coming from.  OTOH, if someone else is going to pay them to lease land and build a stadium, maybe they take the money and let it happen.