Author Topic: What I want for Christmas  (Read 2916 times)

natslive

What I want for Christmas
« Topic Start: August 21, 2005, 05:04:29 PM »
Guzman must show that he can focus and do the job at the plate. If he can then do that keep him but the team needs results. AND if Guzman can hit then we don?t need to move Zimmerman but wait for Desmond to develop

I am inclined to give Bowden more time since he has done a very good job under tuff conditions. Having said that the move of Zimmerman to shortstop with the desire to bring him up to the majors ASAP is what I don?t understand and the reason I had a wish for a new GM.

I asked Ryan he could play short or second and he said he would play wherever they tell him to. He is a great kid with a lot of potential. The down side is that he does not have experience at short. Do we want to experiment with him and potentially mess him up? If we want him to play shortstop why not send him to the AFL as a shortstop and give him time next year in the minors.

Casto made some good throws the other night at third and seems to be improving as a fielder. He has had a good year with the P Nats and shows promise.

Yes agree, we need to spend money getting the best scouts and player development people so we can to sign players especially from Asia and South America and where ever else we can find them. Then we need to be like the Braves and get the maximum potential from each one.

Just some additional thoughts