Author Topic: Puppy  (Read 712 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Puppy
« Topic Start: September 10, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
Anyone interested in a Beagle puppy? My sister has a friend who realized she doesn't have the time to take care of him and he spends most of the day in a crate. I'm very tempted to take him so he doesn't have to go to the pound but I already have two and mine are already 7 and 10 so the age difference would be huge.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Puppy
« Reply #1: September 10, 2012, 11:42:55 PM »
No sorry cant.  Post a pic.  Nothing makes a puppy more adoptable than a pic of a cute puppy!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #2: September 11, 2012, 12:57:08 AM »
Might want to put this in uncensored (beagles are the dog of choice for tox studies, and labs around here go through a lot of them)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #3: September 11, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »
^ Do I even want to know what this is about?

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #4: September 11, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
No.

But in a nutshell, lots of phase I drug toxicology studies use friendly breeds, like beagles for drug or other medical studies because they are so good natured. jerks (callled 'bunchers') typically do the rounds on craigslist, pounds, etc., and gather animals to sell to labs. Labs turn a blind eye (or maybe not so) as to the source. These animals endure a lot of unnecessary suffering, most of this research is already well known and not necessary. Blame FDA, and folks that have no problem gathering up animals for these purposes.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #5: September 11, 2012, 08:50:28 PM »
Yeah I didn't want to know that. I may be getting a new puppy after all.  :?

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #6: September 11, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »
Yeah, I think you might have yourself a new puppy, dude.  ;)

But the old ones will probably have a gas watching him, and at least you'll know he has a good home.  :)

p.s. glad you're back. We missed you.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #7: September 11, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »
My older Beagle will probably not like him. It took him years to accept the second one and he was only 3 when I got the second one. He whipped his younger brother's ass every day for about three years. Now that he's close to ten he's even more ornery so the puppy should expect to get his ass handed to him regularly for a while.   :D

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #8: September 11, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
Time tends to change things. He might just be really annoyed for a while, but 10 isn't that old, so maybe he will just sit back and be mildly amused about the dynamics between the puppy and your younger dog.  ;)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #9: September 11, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »
No.

But in a nutshell, lots of phase I drug toxicology studies use friendly breeds, like beagles for drug or other medical studies because they are so good natured. jerks (callled 'bunchers') typically do the rounds on craigslist, pounds, etc., and gather animals to sell to labs. Labs turn a blind eye (or maybe not so) as to the source. These animals endure a lot of unnecessary suffering, most of this research is already well known and not necessary. Blame FDA, and folks that have no problem gathering up animals for these purposes.

:wtf:

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #10: September 11, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
I hate it, hate it happens, but it does. Everyone should be aware that 'free to goodd home' is sometimes worse than a death sentence for cats/kittens/puppies/dogs. Some jerk offered a colleague of mine money for her collie, saying that she would make such a good lab dog.  :'(

Offline spidernat

« Reply #11: September 11, 2012, 10:02:01 PM »
I wish someone would say that to me about my pooches.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #12: September 11, 2012, 10:10:13 PM »
Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Yeah, beoytch.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #13: September 12, 2012, 08:59:27 AM »
I'd say ME ME ME but I'm living with my parents. If only this were 1-2 years later and I was living on my own.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #14: September 12, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »
No pics, no care