Author Topic: Rafael Soriano is ours!!!! *evil laugh* 2 years $28 million  (Read 7749 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
While Soriano is a stud I'm not a fan of spending that kind of money on a reliever since quality relievers grow on trees. As long as this doesn't cost us when it comes to extending Zimmermann and company I'm fine with it.

This.  Why are we signing a seriously high priced closer while our homegrown talent keeps getting more expensive.

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
Seems like the majority of people like this. I probably overvalued WAR here. If he can be a shut down closer, it's worth it.

PS, Storen or Clipp + Morse + Rendon = ???

Online nobleisthyname

Archer and McGee for Morse, Clippard, HRod, and Lombo.

I would do this in a heartbeat. I doubt the Rays would though.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
@Dc_BEAST38

Congrats to my old teammate Soriano ! Team boras is high in DC !!

I assume he meant Seattle... but you never know.

Offline sportsfan882

Yeah, this move is pretty much because of Storen's chokejob in Game 5. And I am fine with that because that was disgraceful.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
PS, Storen or Clipp + Morse + Rendon = ???

BGS OR GTFO

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Yeah, this move is pretty much because of Storen's chokejob in Game 5. And I am fine with that because that was disgraceful.

Kurt should have framed the sliders

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
BGS OR GTFO

Is that even close to the asking price? And we still don't have room for Stanton.

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.

not this again.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

Offline DPMOmaha

I have a hard time using the word "disgraceful" for something like this.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Don't engage.

Offline blue911

Offline NJ Ave

Is it latent LACism?

Why are people assuming that since we signed Soriano it has any bearing on whether we extend our young players?

Gasp! Could it be that (NO!) the Lerners were being HONEST ALL ALONG when they said they were going to make free agent acquisitions when they were filling in the final pieces of a contending ballclub?

Offline DPMOmaha

Offline hammondsnats

if SF likes it then we really did something we can all come together and agree on 8)

also, Archer isn't the Rays #1

Offline NJ Ave

Any extensions for guys like Desmond, Zimmermann, etc. kick in AFTER Soriano's contract ends. It will have no bearing whatsoever.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

:roll:

:roll:

Offline LightningMcQueen

after Howell signed, i really thought they'd give up on the FA market.
Great singing. Rizzo is definitely all in.

Natitude.

Offline sportsfan882

I don't know what else to call it. Storen disgraced himself and he is still paying for it as evident by this move. The Nats are trying to move on and bolster the ranks as much as they can to prevent something like that from ever happening again.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Is it latent LACism?

Why are people assuming that since we signed Soriano it has any bearing on whether we extend our young players?

Gasp! Could it be that (NO!) the Lerners were being HONEST ALL ALONG when they said they were going to make free agent acquisitions when they were filling in the final pieces of a contending ballclub?

In that regard, they were also purposely tanking games and making fans pay major league prices when they readily admitted to not fielding major league rosters?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Don't engage.

You're right, dang it...

:lmao:   "Game"

Offline BigMeech

To be fair I still see Storen blowing that save every time I close my eyes.

Offline madj55

Really love this move, I have much more confidence with us closing out games now.