Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3  (Read 11206 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #75: April 22, 2007, 02:19:40 PM »
Realistically i would want 4 of them. Claudio Vargas just pitched a gem last night. He struck out 11, and struck out 3 straight with the bases loaded. The only one i would be skeptical about is Tony, though i would take him over Jerome and Chico any day. I'm curious to know which 1 of the 5 listed you would want. I'm guessing it would be Ortiz? Since he's 3-0 with a 2.00 era.
You have an extremely short memory span - you take three weeks of the 2007 season and call it a career.   :lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #76: April 22, 2007, 02:21:16 PM »
WOW not until May!

This is pathetic.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #77: April 22, 2007, 02:21:36 PM »
Maybe Pedro too. As i said before though, a rotation of Livan, Patterson, Ortiz, Hill, Bergmann would be head over heels better than the one we have now. It's amazing how feasible it was to keep Livan and Ortiz too. We need some veteran experience to mix with the young guns. Instead of Livan we got Chico, and you can't honestly say with a straight face that Chico is better than Livan.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #78: April 22, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »
lol at this team

i swear every pitcher looks like a cy young winner and a silver slugger

Offline spidernat

« Reply #79: April 22, 2007, 02:22:04 PM »
You have an extremely short memory span - you take three weeks of the 2007 season and call it a career.   :lol:

:funny:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #80: April 22, 2007, 02:22:48 PM »
How many people here are seeing an ignore button or link underneath each users' avatar?  PC brought it to my attention and I didn't even know there was supposed to be something there...  it's not showing up on my computers at all in any browser  :|

I see the word "Ignore" in small print under each user/avatar, EXCEPT it does NOT appear underneath The Chief or Senators2005, who both have moderator status.  It must be part of the Mod's "Master Plan to Take Over the World."

And NOW it's an Icon instead of a word... 3-run homer by Uggla, who I have on a Forum Fantasy team, and have seriously considered DROPPING because he's done little this season.  We NEED to hear from Sportsfan882 now.... this is RIDICULOUS... why not just FORFEIT the game?  Church got to sit...let EVERYONE stop playing!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #81: April 22, 2007, 02:23:23 PM »
Instead of Livan we got Chico, and you can't honestly say with a straight face that Chico is better than Livan.
No I would never say that...what serious person would ever even come close to comparing the two.  ROFLMAO.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #82: April 22, 2007, 02:23:58 PM »
At some point we have to make a move.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #83: April 22, 2007, 02:23:59 PM »
Maybe Pedro too. As i said before though, a rotation of Livan, Patterson, Ortiz, Hill, Bergmann would be head over heels better than the one we have now. It's amazing how feasible it was to keep Livan and Ortiz too. We need some veteran experience to mix with the young guns. Instead of Livan we got Chico, and you can't honestly say with a straight face that Chico is better than Livan.

Stop being so short-sighted. The Livan trade was a good trade. We got what we wanted in young pitching. Chico shouldn't be in the big leagues right now and we're rushing him but I think he's gonna be just fine. I miss Livan but he had a huge salary and the young pitching we got in return was worth it.

And please don't say you'd rather have Vargas, Armas, and Pedro. You're only making yourself look stupid. Vargas has never been, and never will be, a good pitcher. He has his good nights followed by terrible ones.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #84: April 22, 2007, 02:24:14 PM »
You have an extremely short memory span - you take three weeks of the 2007 season and call it a career.   :lol:

I think Ortiz' 3 wins equals our entire rotations wins. Ramon was solid for us last year, nothing more nothing less. He wasn't spectacular but you knew you were going to get a solid outing out of him. I remember last year when he pitched a near no-hitter, which would've been reason enough to keep him. It just shows you what he is capable of, and he still has a lot left in the tank.

Offline PC

« Reply #85: April 22, 2007, 02:24:36 PM »
Remember the Washington Generals?  Did anyone else know that they were "retired" in 1995 and became the New York Nationals?

Washington Generals = New York Nationals

Take from that what you will.  :o

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #86: April 22, 2007, 02:25:13 PM »
HOLY freak!  GEESUS...THIS IS RIDICULOUS!   :bang:

Offline PC

« Reply #87: April 22, 2007, 02:25:36 PM »
Unbelievable.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #88: April 22, 2007, 02:26:01 PM »
Chico shouldn't be in the big leagues right now and we're rushing him but I think he's gonna be just fine.

I totally agree with that part of your statement.

This has gotten beyond embarrassing. JW is throwing BP.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #89: April 22, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »
Jerome is such a freaking loser.  What a ****ing @$$hole.  FU Jerome, if he makes another start for us this season I will lose a lot of respect for Manny and Bowden.   Looks like our bullpen is going to get overworked again.  These last few games have been absolutely devastating. 

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #90: April 22, 2007, 02:27:02 PM »
I'm going to guarantee that Chico will be out of the big leagues after this season. Bank on it. He will not be in our starting rotation next year and will be demoted to the Minor leagues for the remainder of his career. I hope he enjoys and savors his one year of sucking in the major leagues, because he's a goner. If Vargas sucks so much, why do teams keep on picking him up? I don't think too many teams are going to go after Chico once he's bounced.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #91: April 22, 2007, 02:27:45 PM »
I think Ortiz' 3 wins equals our entire rotations wins. Ramon was solid for us last year, nothing more nothing less. He wasn't spectacular but you knew you were going to get a solid outing out of him. I remember last year when he pitched a near no-hitter, which would've been reason enough to keep him. It just shows you what he is capable of, and he still has a lot left in the tank.
Plain and simple...all those guys are coming to the end of their stories.  The Nats want to start a new story...that's why we are full of young guys.  But I do agree with you about one thing - they should have kept one solid guy for the young guys to rally around...cause Patterson certainly doesn't fit that mold.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #92: April 22, 2007, 02:28:17 PM »
Arizona owned us in the Livan trade as much as we owned the Reds in the Bray/Machiejijefjoski deal.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #93: April 22, 2007, 02:29:17 PM »
I'm going to guarantee that Chico will be out of the big leagues after this season. Bank on it. He will not be in our starting rotation next year and will be demoted to the Minor leagues for the remainder of his career. I hope he enjoys and savors his one year of sucking in the major leagues, because he's a goner. If Vargas sucks so much, why do teams keep on picking him up? I don't think too many teams are going to go after Chico once he's bounced.
Wow...you need to stop hanging around Sportsfan so much.   :roll:

Offline PC

« Reply #94: April 22, 2007, 02:29:34 PM »
Plain and simple...all those guys are coming to the end of their stories.  The Nats want to start a new story...that's why we are full of young guys.  But I do agree with you about one thing - they should have kept one solid guy for the young guys to rally around...cause Patterson certainly doesn't fit that mold.

That would have cost money, making it an unreasonable expectation.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #95: April 22, 2007, 02:30:07 PM »

Plain and simple Jerome and Chico are coming to the end of their stories too. I'll say it again, Chico will be out of the major leagues for good after this season same goes for J-Dub.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #96: April 22, 2007, 02:30:11 PM »

Considering he's a lefty and lefties are always in high demand, you went out on a flimsy limb there my friend.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #97: April 22, 2007, 02:31:53 PM »
That would have cost money, making it an unreasonable expectation.
I agree with your excuse...but still don't understand sometimes why we are so "strapped for cash"?  Why can't Lerner put down some dough for just ONE guy?  I like the rebuilding idea...but I just wish they had at least bought the bare minimum to hold us over until all these prospects and farm system starts paying off.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #98: April 22, 2007, 02:32:09 PM »
I'm going to guarantee that Chico will be out of the big leagues after this season. Bank on it. He will not be in our starting rotation next year and will be demoted to the Minor leagues for the remainder of his career...

I think Jerome Williams will be joining him there... Manny should MAKE him pitch the entire game.  Let's see if he can set a major league record for runs given up in one game...

Marlins 7
Nationals ZERO

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #99: April 22, 2007, 02:33:39 PM »

Agreed. The young guys need to take lumps, but you need to go through that. It makes it easier when there is some more experience around. You can look at a lot of other young guys who have gone through the same thing. Right now, in TX, one of the hottest prospects in baseball who was installed as a number 3 has been having a horrible start to the season. McCarthy is not going to be written off after a few weeks.