Author Topic: Josh Barfield traded to Indians  (Read 3605 times)

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
Josh Barfield traded to Indians
« Topic Start: November 10, 2006, 10:13:07 AM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Where the relevance to the Nationals?   Or are you planning on posting every trade that takes place between now and April?   :shock:
:roll:

Actually, it's not everyday that a Josh Barfield-like player gets traded.  Want me to go back and see if every thread in General Discussion is directly about the Nationals?  I just thought this was an interesting trade, plus it's the first major trade of the offseason.  If you don't care, don't post.

"Josh Barfield-like?"  Hmm.  His statistics were good, but not great.  A rookie too -- its not like the Pads were giving away an all-star. Major trade?  I think not.  The Indians fill a hole that they have, but it remains to be seen if Barfield will be productive over time.  The Reaction on the White Sox board (www.whitesoxinteractive.com) was that the Padres got taken to the cleaners, and that the Indians (as direct competition) improved.  (Although the discussion was in forum dedicated to baseball generally, and NOT to the White Sox).  I really don't see this as a lot to get excited about., unless you're an Indians or Padres fan.