Author Topic: Moore/Bernadina platoon next year?  (Read 1792 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Moore/Bernadina platoon next year?
« Reply #25: October 14, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »
And defense. And reliability.

Morse has one good year. And in his entire career, that's the only year he's been healthy.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #26: October 14, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
The only thing LaRoche has over Morse is experience.

Morse certainly fields the position just fine and hits HR's. 

It's a wash, really.  I just happen to like Morse a little more than I like LaRoche.

LaRoche shouldn't have the role he was forced into by injuries this year, but I think it's crazy to think Morse is even close to as valuable as LaRoche was.   It's not a wash.   I'm sold on LaRoche, and I think with the Nats pitching the easiest path to improvement is upgrading Morse's defense.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #27: October 14, 2012, 10:41:40 AM »
And defense. And reliability.

Morse has one good year. And in his entire career, that's the only year he's been healthy.

LaRoche missed the entirety of 2011. 

GTFO

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #28: October 14, 2012, 10:42:46 AM »
This.

A) Keep Morse and LaRoche as is.
B) Keep LaRoche, Ship off Morse, Start Moore.
C) Keep Morse, Start Moore in LF.

I'll take any of those scenarios.

D) Let LaRoche go, trade Morse, start Moore at first and use the cash savings on a star OFer.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #29: October 14, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
I want Morse back if he can be on 1B. It shouldn't matter, but like Moore he hits better when he plays there. When you're not worried about defense they focus on hitting.

I will be excited with Morse at first if LaRoche walks, but if LaRoche returns then I shop Morse around. The Nats obviously can win with him out there, but if we can get a decent haul, we can move on without him.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #30: October 14, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »
I don't want a platoon in the OF.

Bernadina has shown with a large amount of playing time he gets exposed... as a LHB, he'd get the majority of the platoon. Keep him in his 4th OF role and let him continue to flourish.

Would much rather have a full time solution for LF.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #31: October 14, 2012, 10:54:43 AM »
no.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #32: October 14, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »
I don't want a platoon in the OF.

Bernadina has shown with a large amount of playing time he gets exposed... as a LHB, he'd get the majority of the platoon. Keep him in his 4th OF role and let him continue to flourish.

Would much rather have a full time solution for LF.
Exactly. Platoons are for getting through injuries, not for full time options. That and Bernadina is shaky when facing extended periods of frequent at bats.

I'd honestly rather name Lombardozzi or Moore the full time guy than let a platoon happen. Of that, I'd rather Lombardozzi out there every day. If Morse is moved we better have a big plus in the outfield defense, because with Morse we at least have the hope he may come back healthy and pound 30 homers.

I am not worried about LF. Either Morse is back out there or we'll find a natural CF and move Harper over to left and have a very good outfield defense and more athletic lineup.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #33: October 14, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
The only way I want Harper moved out of CF is if we sign someone far superior to him to play that spot. That or Goodwin forces our hand. Otherwise, I don't see too many options that are better than him. As for Morse, I love the guy and want to see him stick around and end his career a Nat, but I'm also willing to admit that that may not be the best call for the team. I trust Rizzo to figure it out and get it done.

Oh, and Morse played solid at 1b but to say he's equal to LaRoche there? Comeon son!