Author Topic: What are you listening to? (2012)  (Read 43979 times)

Offline blue911

Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #50: January 25, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #51: January 25, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »
Not a bad song, but you gotta pay attention to the video around the 1:45 mark or there about.

http://www.wimp.com/birdonstage/

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #52: January 28, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »

From a former bandmate on Fazerb00k - "Dude, when did you start a Springsteen tribute band?"

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #53: January 28, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »
Not a bad song, but you gotta pay attention to the video around the 1:45 mark or there about.

http://www.wimp.com/birdonstage/

:rofl:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #54: January 28, 2012, 09:00:41 PM »
Here Comes the Sun, the lost guitar solo - absolutely fascinating video for those of you who are Beatles fans.

!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #55: January 28, 2012, 09:38:58 PM »
another new Van Halen - Stay Frosty (they cloned Ice Cream Man and made it worse)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #56: February 08, 2012, 10:11:28 PM »
PA, have you heard Mayan, the Epica side project?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #57: February 08, 2012, 10:17:03 PM »
PA, have you heard Mayan, the Epica side project?

please to be posting video

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #58: February 08, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »
please to be posting video

Frylock, he says he rules us...

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #59: February 09, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »
Got the new Van Halen album... It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's not bad at all. It's not their debut album or anything like that, but Eddie still has it and Wolfgang does a admirable job not only on bass, but on backing vocals. It's not the same with out Michael Anthony, but it's a far cry from Balance and III in a good way.

A Different Kind of Truth is the first Van Halen album since the Nineties dregs of Balance and Van Halen III, which were just humiliating Styx rips. But Eddie has rediscovered his guitar and unplugged the synths, as if Roth's presence reminded Eddie who his band is named after. Since there's never been a single Van Halen fan in history who secretly wished Eddie would put down the guitar and play more keyboards, this is a coup. Especially because Eddie's solos have the fluency of his early Eighties playing – just listen to him stretch out on "Big River" and "Blood and Fire."

If the songs are based on 1970s demos, that was a wise move, because wherever these 13 tunes came from, there isn't a single Waldo on the bus. The tempos are atomic-punk fast, letting Alex Van Halen rock out on the drums for the first time since his flaming-gong days. Original bassist Michael Anthony is missed for his bot- tom end, and even more for his kicked-in-the-nads harmonies. But Wolfgang Van Halen, Eddie's son, acquits himself superbly – he definitely doesn't flunk if anyone asks, "Have you seen Junior's grades?"

As for Diamond Dave, the gods only made one of him, because they couldn't take the competition. Now this is a rock star, except no other rock star would try to get away with this many cornball one-liners ("It's looking like the city towed my other apartment!"). He's lost a high note or two, but the "stone-cold sister soccer moms" he pursues in "Honeybabysweetiedoll" probably like him better this way.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/a-different-kind-of-truth-20120209#ixzz1lvNlac9n

Offline Nathan

« Reply #60: February 09, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »
:spaz:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #61: February 09, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »
:spaz:

Seriously, it's not a bad album in my opinion. I really am not that fond of Tattoo, but the rest of the album is decent.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #62: February 09, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
It's pretty bad and I LOVE all Pre-Hager Halen.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #63: February 09, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
It's pretty bad and I LOVE all Pre-Hager Halen.

Have you listened to the entire album? I think it's decent, that's just one man's opinion though.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #64: February 19, 2012, 11:29:14 PM »
Damn. Opeth got trippy.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #65: February 23, 2012, 12:41:48 AM »
"Bleeding Heart Show."

Goddamn what a great song. The final 90 seconds are a master class in rock drumming and the best nonsense-syllable fade-out coda since "Hey Jude." I can forgive weird lyrics when rock/pop sounds this freaking good.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #66: February 23, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »

My avatar's inspiration for the uninitiated - this song will destroy you.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #67: February 23, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »

My avatar's inspiration for the uninitiated - this song will destroy you.
Love that song, but come on man; that lyric is silly under your avatar. It's like something some angsty teenager from a Tumblr blog would use. Oh, and while we're on the subject of Dark Tranquillity, here is the coolest music video ever.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #68: February 23, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
Love that song, but come on man; that lyric is silly under your avatar. It's like something some angsty teenager from a Tumblr blog would use. Oh, and while we're on the subject of Dark Tranquillity, here is the coolest music video ever.

Screw you man, that chorus is amazing - I think I have lot my way, whatever is missing is going, I think I let my focus shift

Stop judging me! You don't know what it feels like (runs upstairs to room, slams door, blasts The Cure).

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #69: February 23, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »
As I Lay Dying and Chimaira are two of my favorite bands. I'm loving the AILD cover of Judas Priest's "Electric Eye" at the moment.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #70: February 23, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »
As I Lay Dying and Chimaira are two of my favorite bands. I'm loving the AILD cover of Judas Priest's "Electric Eye" at the moment.

You and I are gonna be buds. Mach1ne will like you too :thumbs:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #71: February 23, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »

They better not have desecrated hallowed metal ground :evil:

What is "As I Lay Dying?"

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #72: February 23, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »
They better not have desecrated hallowed metal ground :evil:

What is "As I Lay Dying?"

AILD is one of the few Christian metal bands that I give the time of day. Good songs are good songs.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #73: February 23, 2012, 05:28:36 PM »
AILD is one of the few Christian metal bands that I give the time of day. Good songs are good songs.

To hEeEeEeEllll wiiith tha devil....DevilllLlLll.... devilllAAAAAAAAAAaAaAaAllllLlLlL

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #74: February 23, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »
To hEeEeEeEllll wiiith tha devil....DevilllLlLll.... devilllAAAAAAAAAAaAaAaAllllLlLlL
One of my Bible classes in high school specifically mentioned Stryper as devil rock band or something. They think that any music other than traditional hymns and such things is evil. Yeah, they're sort of nuts.

Anyway, as far as Christian metal goes, I'm not very knowledgeable, but Virgin Black is freaking awesome. Epic gothic doom, and the lyrics of their album Elegant... And Dying are beautiful.