Author Topic: Official Winter Meetings Gameday Thread (Day 4)  (Read 19540 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: Official Winter Meetings Gameday Thread (Day 4)
« Reply #150: December 08, 2011, 11:17:11 AM »
Are you serious? They do a good job!

I've actually never seen Dexter. On a scale of 1-10, how badly do I need to remedy that?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #151: December 08, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »
I'm guessing the Rangers sign Oswalt now.

I'm expecting them to grab Darvish, but Oswalt's a cheaper alternative.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #152: December 08, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »

Yeah, no kidding. I thought the bright South Beach scenery's contrast to the darkness of the show was one of the best parts of the show. Now that's ruined, fugggggg. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #153: December 08, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »
At least this return to the norm will clue in the MLBN guys who keep name dropping the Nats that we're back to the usual and not to mention us in any prominent trade scenarios.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #154: December 08, 2011, 11:19:01 AM »
I've actually never seen Dexter. On a scale of 1-10, how badly do I need to remedy that?

It's good, but I think the following shows are more of must-sees: The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, maybe 6 Feet Under.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #155: December 08, 2011, 11:19:47 AM »

yup.  obviously there are some scenics filmed in miami, but for the most part it's all long beach and surrounding area.

i discovered it when i was visiting one of my best friends out there and we were walking over some bridge in LB and i was like oh crap this looks like where the ice truck killer parked his truck.  my buddy looked at me like i was crazy (i was a bit hungover haha), but then later we found out it is in fact where they filmed it.  the rest of the week i was spotting spots left and right.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #156: December 08, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
Wow this offseason is depressing. This was the time to spend to acquire a SP and CFer. We finally broke through with a pretty successful season last year and all the chips lined up to us competing in '12 as long as we filled a few holes and we have failed miserably.

There is pretty much nothing we can do to remedy this now. It's December 8th yeah but all of the big names are gone.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #157: December 08, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »

11.  watch right now, we won't see you for 5 days.  you're not missing anything here.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #158: December 08, 2011, 11:22:08 AM »
yup.  obviously there are some scenics filmed in miami, but for the most part it's all long beach and surrounding area.

i discovered it when i was visiting one of my best friends out there and we were walking over some bridge in LB and i was like oh crap this looks like where the ice truck killer parked his truck.  my buddy looked at me like i was crazy (i was a bit hungover haha), but then later we found out it is in fact where they filmed it.  the rest of the week i was spotting spots left and right.

Cool.

Kind of wish I didn't know that, though. lol.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #159: December 08, 2011, 11:22:45 AM »
Wow this offseason is depressing. This was the time to spend to acquire a SP and CFer. We finally broke through with a pretty successful season last year and all the chips lined up to us competing in '12 as long as we filled a few holes and we have failed miserably.

There is pretty much nothing we can do to remedy this now. It's December 8th yeah but all of the big names are gone.

:clap:

that's my biggest beef.  it's one thing we didn't make big moves when we sucked, but the FO/owners/etc all said when the time is right and when we're ready we're going to. 

well so far they haven't and we have missed out on some guys that really would've helped us. 

the question i've been asking since the birth of LAC: when?  if not now, when? 

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #160: December 08, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »
We're the real winners of the winter meetings!

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #161: December 08, 2011, 11:23:51 AM »
AANC, have spent $330 million in an hour or two.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #162: December 08, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
Cool.

Kind of wish I didn't know that, though. lol.

haha sorry.  i mean dexter and some of the other characters have been to miami to film if that makes you feel any better 8)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #163: December 08, 2011, 11:24:14 AM »
How would people feel if we gave up A.J. Cole, S. Lombardozi, R. Detwiller for Adam Jones

I'd take it.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #164: December 08, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »
haha sorry.  i mean dexter and some of the other characters have been to miami to film if that makes you feel any better 8)

It does. :)

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #165: December 08, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
77.5 for Wilson if anyone cares about the specifics.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #166: December 08, 2011, 11:26:49 AM »
DSzymborski

Nats have been shut out of everything - I half-expect a ridiculous offer to Fielder that we all make fun of.

National baseball media starting to pick this up.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #167: December 08, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
AANC, have spent $330 million in an hour or two.

Speaking of AA, I bet the Jays are kinda bummed they haven't gotten anything out of all this except Jeff Mathis.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #168: December 08, 2011, 11:28:21 AM »
Speaking of AA, I bet the Jays are kinda bummed they haven't gotten anything out of all this except Jeff Mathis.

Half shocked Scioscia didn't follow his love to Toronto.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #169: December 08, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »

Yep.  Just like I said a few posts back (and yesterday) - the rep from the Werth bombshell bought us one partial offseason as a namedrop-worthy team in big deal rumors.  Now that the media is realizing that was a fluke, we'll be back to the Natinals in no time.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #170: December 08, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »

He's a wild optimist for expecting an offer to Fielder.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #171: December 08, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
Again, I don't care what others think of the club.  Marlins spent a ridiculous amount of dough and they finished in last.  And outside of a few jokers on twitter and fans from opposing teams, most are applauding their efforts.  For the Nats, it's time to strike when the iron is hot.  Coming off a ".500 season", Strasburg back, Harper coming up, young talent here, etc...they should be in the hunt for some of the top FA's available.  Plus I think Werth is going to have a bounce back year, no doubt!

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #172: December 08, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »

He's assuming that we've been trying for all these guys. I'm wondering who we have interest in besides BURLEY. Most of these rumors seem to be national media guys throwing crap at the walls because they expect us to spend. Rizzo's comments seem to confirm this, but I don't believe anything Rizzo says either.

Although, dropping "plan b" either means that you're not targeting another pitcher or that you're stupid. No player is going to want to be referred to as plan b.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #173: December 08, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »
I'm just amazed that rizzo is confident in 1 year of a 1b that has a weak first half when we could sign a very good 1b for a good amount of years. What are our 1b options for next year?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #174: December 08, 2011, 11:36:56 AM »
I'm just amazed that rizzo is confident in 1 year of a 1b that has a weak first half when we could sign a very good 1b for a good amount of years. What are our 1b options for next year?

2013?

In-house: Morse, Marrero, Moore

Not exactly lighting the world on fire.