Poll

Would You Throw Back Barry Bonds Historic Homerun Ball?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Would You Throw Back Barry Bonds Historic Homerun Ball?  (Read 6591 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
My morals just wouldn't let me use any sort of money I would get for the ball for any reason knowing that the way I got that money was off the man who disrespected and humilated what I call "my father's game."  My father loves the sport of baseball and I could never look him in the eye if I didn't throw the damned thing back.

I understand where you're coming from, but once you're in the position of providing for the financial future of your family, and have the chance to make a huge step forward completely legally, aren't you really making the wrong sacrifice to just say no to the proceeds from the sale of the ball? 

It will be interesting to see what really does happen.  It is widely speculated that Bonds can pace his HR rate so that he gets the big one in San Fran.  If so, there's almost no chance it's coming back out of the stands.

Of course, I would root for someone to throw it back, for all the reasons stated above, and since it would't be $ coming out of my pocket anyway, LOL.