Author Topic: Tejada responds to steroid accusations  (Read 763 times)

Nats Bruin

Tejada responds to steroid accusations
« Topic Start: October 02, 2006, 02:54:35 PM »
Miguel Tejada is getting an unpleasant sense of deja vu. He says he already was smeared by one scandal and it looks like it's happening again.

The Baltimore Orioles' shortstop was named in a federal agent's affidavit, the Los Angeles Times reported, that said pitcher Jason Grimsley had accused five players of using performance-enhancing drugs.

The other players cited were premier pitchers Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte, both of the Houston Astros, and two of Tejada's teammates, Brian Roberts and Jay Gibbons, the Times said.

"What can I do?" Tejada, the 2002 American League MVP, said Sunday from Boston. "I spent one morning last year with Grimsley. I mean, I already got thrown under the bus with Palmeiro. No, I don't worry about that."

Rafael Palmeiro was suspended last season for using steroids and suggested the positive test may have been the result of a vitamin B-12 shot Tejada gave him. Tejada insisted then that he did nothing wrong.

Hey roid boy! You know EXACTLY what you can do. This is the SECOND time your sorry *ss has been brought up as a cheater. EVERYBODY can't be a liar. If they are, sue them......and clear your name the RIGHT way. I can certainly understand you, Roberts and Gibbons being users. Just sorry that former Oriole Brady "Bunch" Anderson was never found out.
 8)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1: October 02, 2006, 03:01:57 PM »
The problem for now, is that the names are being leaked.  So nobody really knows if the leak is correct, and how do you respond to allegations, when you don't know who is making them?

Nats Bruin

« Reply #2: October 03, 2006, 08:14:25 AM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
The problem for now, is that the names are being leaked.  So nobody really knows if the leak is correct, and how do you respond to allegations, when you don't know who is making them?

1 Jose Canseco
2 Rafael Palmeiro
2 Jason Grimsley

need any more help? It doesn't matter if the leak is correct or false. Miggy's been named FOR YEARS, multiple times. If he wants to come out and say they're false....DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! If you have been named numerous times your word doesn't mean much to me anyway.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: October 03, 2006, 10:21:29 AM »
Problem is, it's impossible to prove a negative.  How do you prove you didn't do something?  You can't have an alibi for every time you were alone.

Nats Bruin

« Reply #4: October 03, 2006, 10:27:16 AM »
No problem at all. Its slander if they aren't true. His reaction
says alot about his guilt.