Author Topic: Andrew update  (Read 3896 times)

Offline saltydad

Re: Andrew update
« Reply #50: October 19, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »
Happy Anniversary kiddo!!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #51: October 19, 2007, 02:42:54 PM »
Thanks you guys!  Dan & I are actually getting a date tonight!  YAY!!!  This NEVER happens!  Matter of fact, we haven't had a date since either back in the EARLY spring.  And the time before that was a week before Christmas when we went Christmas shopping for the kids!  My dad's taking the girls and the neighbor is taking Andrew.

I haven't heard from the school regarding the bullying bit.  But I stood out w/ them for the bus this morning.  As they were walking onto the bus w/ 3 other kids, I yelled really loud, "Don't sit w/ that kid.  Sit ONLY with Nicole, Tommy or Kelly!  I don't want you sit w/ that other kid or near him!"  Don't know if that registered with the bus driver.  But I'm hoping she heard enough of it to ask some questions.  But Andrew is fine about all of it today!  He's so sweet.

And I always worried about being told I HAD to put my kid on Ritalin.  I have fought an ADHD diagnosis for 4 years because I didn't want to just arbitrarily dope him up!  He has seen 5 different mental health professionals before this person.  I really liked 3 of the others, but they aren't psychiatrists and can't prescribe meds.  I have nearly been reported to CPS twice because of his behavior (they thought I was negligent) and then cancer hit and life just kept getting worse for him and us because of the behavior.  It's been a long 5 years with this child.  I asked him how he felt inside last night.  He said he feels really good!  I told him I like this medicine because it's helping the REAL Andrew shine bright!  I told him that I knew that he's a great kid and super sweet, but that he could control some of the bad things he was doing and that this medicine is helping to do that for him.  I followed it up with saying that now the Real Andrew, who I have always known was in that body of his, is now able to shine bright for everyone to see!

And news on Dave.  He's still in ICU, having 2 more surgeries next week.  Injuries sustained?  Totally busted up pelvis, messed up big time bladder, ripped spleen, 2 lower vertabraes broken and broken collar bone and head trauma!  No brain damage.  He is so blessed to even be alive!!  Please continue praying for him.  He was on his way home, early off his shift because he wasn't feeling good.  I car turned in front of him (failure to yield) and he went smack into her passenger door on his motorcycle.  Everyone in the city offices are super concerned about him!  He's definitely a town favorite!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #52: October 19, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »
Bully problem solved!!!  Met the bus on the side of the street that the door opens.  Driver told me that it has been dealt with, that he didn't tell her yesterday (which I knew - but the stupid patrol kid heard it and should have said something) and that they identified the child and it WILL NOT happen again.  Since they only ride on it for 2 minutes, he'll sit in the front w/ Elisa.  We're happy.  Now Andrew said that the boy is being nice.  Gee!  You don't say!  ;)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #53: October 19, 2007, 03:56:03 PM »
Thanks you guys!  Dan & I are actually getting a date tonight!  YAY!!!  This NEVER happens!  Matter of fact, we haven't had a date since either back in the EARLY spring.  And the time before that was a week before Christmas when we went Christmas shopping for the kids!  My dad's taking the girls and the neighbor is taking Andrew.

I haven't heard from the school regarding the bullying bit.  But I stood out w/ them for the bus this morning.  As they were walking onto the bus w/ 3 other kids, I yelled really loud, "Don't sit w/ that kid.  Sit ONLY with Nicole, Tommy or Kelly!  I don't want you sit w/ that other kid or near him!"  Don't know if that registered with the bus driver.  But I'm hoping she heard enough of it to ask some questions.  But Andrew is fine about all of it today!  He's so sweet.

And I always worried about being told I HAD to put my kid on Ritalin.  I have fought an ADHD diagnosis for 4 years because I didn't want to just arbitrarily dope him up!  He has seen 5 different mental health professionals before this person.  I really liked 3 of the others, but they aren't psychiatrists and can't prescribe meds.  I have nearly been reported to CPS twice because of his behavior (they thought I was negligent) and then cancer hit and life just kept getting worse for him and us because of the behavior.  It's been a long 5 years with this child.  I asked him how he felt inside last night.  He said he feels really good!  I told him I like this medicine because it's helping the REAL Andrew shine bright!  I told him that I knew that he's a great kid and super sweet, but that he could control some of the bad things he was doing and that this medicine is helping to do that for him.  I followed it up with saying that now the Real Andrew, who I have always known was in that body of his, is now able to shine bright for everyone to see!

And news on Dave.  He's still in ICU, having 2 more surgeries next week.  Injuries sustained?  Totally busted up pelvis, messed up big time bladder, ripped spleen, 2 lower vertabraes broken and broken collar bone and head trauma!  No brain damage.  He is so blessed to even be alive!!  Please continue praying for him.  He was on his way home, early off his shift because he wasn't feeling good.  I car turned in front of him (failure to yield) and he went smack into her passenger door on his motorcycle.  Everyone in the city offices are super concerned about him!  He's definitely a town favorite!

I can't believe you were called Negligent.  How stupid can people be! :stupid: Just because you don't want your kid on a particular medicine?  GEEZ Peez Louise! (its an expression for much stronger language).  Just because you disagree with a treatment does NOT make you negligent!   :bang:

As for the police officer, he's in my thoughts.  Hope he pulls through OK.

natsfan1a

« Reply #54: October 19, 2007, 05:06:03 PM »
That's great!

Bully problem solved!!!  Met the bus on the side of the street that the door opens.  Driver told me that it has been dealt with, that he didn't tell her yesterday (which I knew - but the stupid patrol kid heard it and should have said something) and that they identified the child and it WILL NOT happen again.  Since they only ride on it for 2 minutes, he'll sit in the front w/ Elisa.  We're happy.  Now Andrew said that the boy is being nice.  Gee!  You don't say!  ;)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #55: October 19, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »
I hope you aren't like Lisa and me. When we get a night out alone, we can't think of anything to talk about except the kids. :)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #56: October 19, 2007, 05:28:34 PM »
I hope you aren't like Lisa and me. When we get a night out alone, we can't think of anything to talk about except the kids. :)

It's almost already started!  I just walked in the door from farming the kids out and he asked where Andrew was!  He's run over to the cleaners to pick up his shirts, so I took a few minutes to check in here.  Hopefully, we can focus on today being just as busy and rainy as it was 11 years ago!  :lol:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #57: October 19, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »
I can't believe you were called Negligent.  How stupid can people be! :stupid: Just because you don't want your kid on a particular medicine?  GEEZ Peez Louise! (its an expression for much stronger language).  Just because you disagree with a treatment does NOT make you negligent!   :bang:

As for the police officer, he's in my thoughts.  Hope he pulls through OK.

Oops, what I meant was they thought I was negligent because of the trouble caused by his behavior, i.e. "if she'd been watching her kids properly 'xyz' wouldn't have happened."  he got into a nasty fight w/ Elisa, gave her a head wound and it all happened while I was in the bathroom.  That was the first one.  Oh and the policeman you're praying for?  He went to bat for me and that's why the first report didn't hit CPS.  He explained it to everyone and vouched for us.  The second thing was based on Andrew getting mad at me and telling his teacher I hit him, then she saw me "act short w/ the girls" (negligent part again) one day and so took that and told the preschool staff.  By law, they are required to report it, but explained his behavior and said that they didn't think it was as it was being stated and to please not investigate.  Did I hit him?  Nope.  And there was you know what to pay for it at home and no he wasn't spanked.  But there was no Halloween that year!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #58: October 19, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »
oh, ok.  Misunderstood.  Didn't mean to pry.

Get off this board and start having some couple time with Dan!

Go Go Go!   ;)   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #59: October 19, 2007, 05:39:12 PM »
bye bye!!!  He just walked back in the door right now.  I'm outta here!

natsfan1a

« Reply #60: October 19, 2007, 05:44:20 PM »
Have a great time!!

nospinzone1

« Reply #61: October 19, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #62: October 19, 2007, 05:49:24 PM »
Have a great time!!

I think she'll get a kick out of the Kimnat - Anniversary - Dan in Word association when she finally returns!

natsfan1a

« Reply #63: October 19, 2007, 05:51:10 PM »
Hope so!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #64: October 20, 2007, 10:10:32 AM »
You guys are so funny!  Thanks!  We did have a nice evening!  The wait at P.F. Chang's was totally insane.  I think by the time we got our food, we had been there waiting in some fashion for an hour or more!  We walked around a bit, window shopped.  And ended up in Arhause (some upscale too rich for us furniture store).  We popped down in a few sectionals and found something worth saving our pennies for !  WOW!  Talk about comfy.  But alas, not for us right now.  But that's ok.  Andrew had a blast with our neighbors last night.  And we didn't spend all night talking about the kids!!!

nospinzone1

« Reply #65: October 20, 2007, 11:41:04 AM »
You guys are so funny!  Thanks!  We did have a nice evening!  The wait at P.F. Chang's was totally insane.  I think by the time we got our food, we had been there waiting in some fashion for an hour or more!  We walked around a bit, window shopped.  And ended up in Arhause (some upscale too rich for us furniture store).  We popped down in a few sectionals and found something worth saving our pennies for !  WOW!  Talk about comfy.  But alas, not for us right now.  But that's ok.  Andrew had a blast with our neighbors last night.  And we didn't spend all night talking about the kids!!!

I WAS WAITING FOR THE ROMANTIC PART EPISODE!LOL

Offline kimnat

« Reply #66: October 20, 2007, 08:18:26 PM »
LOL!!!

Well, we did talk about our goofy memories of our wedding day.  For instance, my favorite was that we didn't get ANY food at our own reception.  So, we get to the hotel and figure, no problem we'll order room service.  One big problem!  Room service was closed, it was 11:30 and we were so tired.  So, our wedding night meal was a pack of nabs from the vending machine and a coke!  Oh and Dan sent me flowers yesterday, too!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #67: October 20, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »
LOL!!!

Well, we did talk about our goofy memories of our wedding day.  For instance, my favorite was that we didn't get ANY food at our own reception.  So, we get to the hotel and figure, no problem we'll order room service.  One big problem!  Room service was closed, it was 11:30 and we were so tired.  So, our wedding night meal was a pack of nabs from the vending machine and a coke!  Oh and Dan sent me flowers yesterday, too!

Awww.  How sweet.  That Dan, he's a good one!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #68: October 20, 2007, 10:56:25 PM »
Yeah, I think I'll keep him.  ;)

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #69: October 20, 2007, 11:04:20 PM »
aww happy hubby and wife day!

sorry i missed it kim!

just been busy working and working...lol

and i just pass out when i come home.. today i did OT on yes, Saturday!

ughhhh

but yeah, dan is a good guy! we like him!

:P