Author Topic: Follow the Minor League Teams (2012)  (Read 43346 times)

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
Re: Follow the Minor League Teams (2012)
« Reply #425: November 01, 2012, 12:32:14 AM »
I'm rebooting my Nats off season blog, the Spring Training write-ups seemed well received last year. First post this year is about Potomac relievers Aaron Barrett, Rob Wort, and Neil Holland.
http://thenationals.tumblr.com/post/34744094881/future-bullpen-prospects

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #427: November 03, 2012, 09:38:35 AM »
Saw this on Wander Ramos, who played at Auburn this year.  From Mike Newman at Fangraphs:
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/new-york-penn-league-washington-nationals-prospects-tony-renda-wander-ramos/
Beyond Renda, centerfielder Wander Ramos is a sleeper I can see garnering some interest as a PTBNL or fourth player in a deadline deal should the Nationals go fishing for a big name. For Auburn, he’s the only player on the roster with the present size of a big leaguer and real projection, even though he’s a bit long in the tooth for the league. For a player with considerable size and strength, he hits from a very low crouch with his hands resting off his ear. Ramos also has a tendency to hit off of his front foot, negating his power quite a bit. Teach him to be taller and stronger in the batter’s box and work on letting the ball travel deep in the zone and Ramos could become something.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #428: November 03, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »
I want to get Wandy Rodriguez, Wilson Ramos, Wander Ramos, and Yonder Alonso all on the same team just to confuse the hell out of everyone.

Offline CALSGR8

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #430: November 17, 2012, 11:44:53 AM »
Well, I suppose they wanted to get rid  of the red references.  In addition to being a former Phillies affiliate, I think they had a few seasons with the Red Sox.  I think there is a rail car museum in one of the two cities.  the rail reference makes a lot of sense.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #431: November 29, 2012, 08:37:43 AM »
http://bullpenbanter.com/washington-nationals-2013-top-15-prospects/

Prospect ranking.  No idea how good this site is.  They include Cutter Dykstra and have a couple of other surprises.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #432: November 29, 2012, 09:00:34 AM »
I think the voting exercise Linty is running kind of emphasizes the same point.  there are 5 premium prospects in the system who could play large roles on a team, and after that, there is a bunch of head scratching, personal preference kind of players.

Renda v. Purke v. Perez / Leon - do you rate the latter two high because they have had call ups and look like MLB backups?  how far do you knock down Purke because of his shoulder?  Renda - an upside of Steve Lombardozzi, how exciting is that?  These guys say he's the next best, and Mooneyham is close because he might be a MR if everything works out.  We preferred Hood's tools, but the team was willing to expose him to the Rule 5 because they think no one would be willing to carry him as a 5th OF for a year.

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #433: November 30, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »
http://bullpenbanter.com/washington-nationals-2013-top-15-prospects/

Prospect ranking.  No idea how good this site is.  They include Cutter Dykstra and have a couple of other surprises.

No Hood?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #434: November 30, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
i like this site, and it's current:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
« Reply #435: December 13, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »
Quote from: Cole Kimball on pitching in the AFL
It felt like it got back to normal. My velocity was creeping back. Low-to-mid 90s, couple good 95, 96 mph. I was feeling good out there. I never really had to ice anything.
That would be great if he could come back to form some time in the next couple years.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #438: December 14, 2012, 03:23:30 PM »
2013 managers:

http://nationalsprospects.com/2012/12/nationals-announce-2013-farm-managers-coaches/

SYRACUSE
Manager – Tony Beasley (returning)
Pitching Coach – Greg Booker (returning)
Hitting Coach – Troy Gingrich (returning)

HARRISBURG
Manager – Matt LeCroy (returning)
Pitching Coach – Paul Menhart (returning)
Hitting Coach – Eric Fox (returning)

POTOMAC
Manager – Brian Daubach (promoted from Hagerstown)
Pitching Coach – Chris Michalak (returning)
Hitting Coach – Mark Harris (promoted from Hagerstown)

HAGERSTOWN
Manager – Tripp Keister (promoted from GCL)
Pitching Coach – Franklin Bravo (returning)
Hitting Coach – Brian Rupp (reassigned from Potomac)

AUBURN
Manager – Gary Cathcart (returning)
Pitching Coach – Sam Narron (returning)
Hitting Coach – Luis Ordaz (returning)

GCL
Manager – Patrick Anderson (new hire)
Pitching coach – Michael Tejera (returning)
Hitting coach – Amaury Garcia (promoted from DSL)

DSL
Manager – Sandy Martinez (returning)
Pitching Coach – Pablo Frias (returning)
Hitting Coach – Jorge Mejia (returning)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #439: December 17, 2012, 05:26:17 PM »
Nats signed 16 year old Patterson Segura, pitcher, out of the DR, the other day.

Segura is 6'2, 175, sitting in the 88-92 MPH range, also throws a curve and a change.

http://dplbaseball.com/featured-post/patterson-segura-agrees-to-terms-with-the-nationals/

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #440: December 18, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »
That last curve looked filthy.  Not bad for 16.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #441: January 10, 2013, 08:23:53 PM »
P-NATS HOT Stove news via Facebook:

P-NATS OWNER TO UNVEIL NEW STADIUM RENDERINGS AT 18TH ANNUAL HOT STOVE BANQUET AND SILENT AUCTION/RSVP DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 1/15/13 AT 5:00PM EST
 Potomac Nationals Owner and Chairman/CEO, Art Silber, will be addressing the hot stove banquet and silent auction guests at a Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes ballroom to provide more details about the P-Nats’ new stadium project planned for the 2015 season to be located in the Potomac Town Center in Prince William County, Virginia.

Silber will unveil the most updated renderings of the proposed ballpark and also take guests of the banquet on a visual tour of the new stadium home of the Potomac Nationals.

Silber plans to elaborate upon the many unique hallmarks that will be featured within the landscape of the P-Nats’ new ballpark, including staples that will pay homage to Griffith Stadium, former home of the Washington Senators.

"We're going to take the opportunity at our annual Hot Stove Banquet for the first time, to publicly show the detailed renderings of our new Potomac Town Center ballpark. The ballpark is incredibly exciting and its design and features will make it the finest sports venue in the greater Washington area,” explains Silber.

“Our stadium will have features that will remind fans of old Griffith Stadium. It will have three decks with a huge wraparound party deck on top with views of the Potomac River, as well as Club and suite levels. The Club will be a great year-round sports bar with views of the ballpark, river, and the Potomac Town Center.”

“We'll have a crab shack in center field for steamed crabs and a beer garden, broad plazas, playground for the kids, and the most comfortable seats you'll ever sit in with perfect sight lines."

In addition, the RSVP deadline for the 18th annual P-Nats Hot Stove Banquet and Silent Auction will be extended until Tuesday, January 15th at 5:00pm EST.

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #442: March 23, 2013, 03:30:57 PM »
Jeff Kobernus is back with the Nats!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #443: March 23, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »
Jeff Kobernus is back with the Nats!

Yay

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #444: March 23, 2013, 05:12:30 PM »
So much for my sneaky $1 stolen base pick in my AL only auction.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
« Reply #445: March 24, 2013, 01:59:18 PM »
Quote from: Amanda Comak
The #nats are getting Rule 5 LHP Danny Rosenbaum back from the #Rockies, according to a source.
Pitching depth. Good stuff.
Sounds like the #Rockies impending signing of Jon Garland (via @harding_at_mlb) pushed Danny Rosenbaum out of a roster spot

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #446: March 24, 2013, 03:51:26 PM »
When it happens, looks like another FTP to unlock!

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
« Reply #447: March 24, 2013, 03:52:50 PM »
When it happens, looks like another FTP to unlock!
It's official from @NationalsPR as of 36 minutes ago!
Quote from: Nationals PR
The #Nationals have accepted LHP Daniel Rosenbaum back from COL, per Rule 5 guidelines. He will report to minor league camp.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #448: March 25, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »
Rosenbaum isn't as good, but essentially he slips into the Chris Young role as the off-roster minor league starter first to be called up if there is a need for someone to spot start other than Duke.

Offline blue911

« Reply #449: March 25, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »
Rosenbaum isn't as good, but essentially he slips into the Chris Young role as the off-roster minor league starter first to be called up if there is a need for someone to spot start other than Duke.

I can't see Rosenbaum pitching for the Nats unless he makes huge progress. One of his selling points is he has all of his options in tact.