Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nats @ Brewers, Game 2  (Read 15284 times)

luckyexposfan

Gameday Thread: Nats @ Brewers, Game 2
« Reply #25: July 15, 2005, 10:23:33 PM »
goddammit carlos lee

Offline rileyn

« Reply #26: July 15, 2005, 10:23:56 PM »
This is awful.  tied up at 3.  If we lose this game it will be a killer because we had PLENTY of chances to get more runners.  Guillen and Castilla failing to get runners home from 3rd with 1 out in the 7th and 8th.  A costly error by Guzman in the 1st.  I could go on....

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #27: July 15, 2005, 10:26:36 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
This is awful.  tied up at 3.  If we lose this game it will be a killer because we had PLENTY of chances to get more runners.  Guillen and Castilla failing to get runners home from 3rd with 1 out in the 7th and 8th.  A costly error by Guzman in the 1st.  I could go on....

That's really frustrating.......we need a run.

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #28: July 15, 2005, 10:59:57 PM »
I"m really really pissed off.

A balk? You're the man FR.

I"m outta here.

luckyexposfan

« Reply #29: July 15, 2005, 11:00:48 PM »
Call a balk to end the game?  Oh my god that's so much freaking bullcrap, wtf!!

Offline rileyn

« Reply #30: July 15, 2005, 11:04:50 PM »
I won't blame the umps and Jose F'in Guillen better not sound off in the press about this call losing the game for them.  This game should have never gone to 10 innings.  This offense is beyond bad.  We had so many chances it's amazing.  The come from ahead losses have to end.

Mandy

« Reply #31: July 15, 2005, 11:05:09 PM »
Can someone PLEASE explain to me how that was a balk?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline esoteric

« Reply #32: July 15, 2005, 11:07:33 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
I won't blame the umps and Jose F'in Guillen better not sound off in the press about this call losing the game for them.  This game should have never gone to 10 innings.  This offense is beyond bad.  We had so many chances it's amazing.  The come from ahead losses have to end.

You don't blame the umps because it's like complaining about the weather - bad form and beyond your control.  But let's not deceive ourselves here: that was an awful, awful call.  I personally consider it an evening of the score (remember FR's magical "vanishing home run" back on Memorial Day?)...but cripes this burns.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #33: July 15, 2005, 11:07:49 PM »
I didn't see the balk myself...he turned to first base for the throw.  And to end a crucial game that way.  That was just really lame.   :evil:

Offline rileyn

« Reply #34: July 15, 2005, 11:10:14 PM »
"You don't blame the umps because it's like complaining about the weather - bad form and beyond your control. But let's not deceive ourselves here: that was an awful, awful call. I personally consider it an evening of the score (remember FR's magical "vanishing home run" back on Memorial Day?)...but cripes this burns."

The big difference is that the call on Memorial Day would only have tied the score.  This call ended the game.

tomwaits

« Reply #35: July 16, 2005, 03:37:39 AM »
man, we shouldn't have been in that posiotion............regardless, the call seems like a stretch, especially if it is going to end the game. you know how they call a stike on a 3- 0 count... a balk in extra inning should be the opposite of that, an absolute sure thing!

Montcobaseball

« Reply #36: July 16, 2005, 08:51:06 AM »
No matter what Ron Darling said over and over I have seen this play five times now and Stanton's weight and movement was towards home before he shifted his motion and threw to first which makes it a balk.  All that needs to happen is to have the right leg break the plane between first and home and its a balk and thats what he did.

luckyexposfan

« Reply #37: July 16, 2005, 09:32:15 AM »
As I said in the other thread, you're the only one who thinks so ;)