Author Topic: Your card is your ticket to the game  (Read 22921 times)

Online 1995hoo

Re: Your card is your ticket to the game
« Reply #50: October 11, 2012, 11:32:57 AM »

WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO GET INTO THE GAME?

Your season ticket seats are automatically loaded onto your blue Season Ticket Card (pictured below; the card should include your name, account number, and loyalty level). Bring this card with you to the game and present it to the Verizon Center staff at the gate. Your card will be swiped and all valid seats for the game will be immediately scanned in as soon as the card is swiped.

You'll receive a seat locator tab for each seat (pictured below*) and will be all set to visit any of the concession stands on the concourse or go straight to your seat. Upon arrival at your section, please show the seat locator tab to the Verizon Center usher for assistance.

*Unable to reproduce it here, but it looks like a small ticket, with a dark blue band across the top with 'ticketmaster' on it, the seat number, whether or not the holder has Acela Club access, and the teams, date and start time.

We had "paperless tickets" to last April's Springsteen concert at Verizon. Instead of a ticket card, you presented the credit card with which you purchased the tickets. The ticket-taker swiped the card through a machine that's similar to the credit-card machines used in Europe; for those who haven't seen those, it's sort of like the handheld machines the meter maids use to print parking tickets except it's smaller. The machine then printed the "seat locator" slips OC describes. Those slips were smaller than a standard square Post-It Note—I'd estimate the "seat locator" slip is perhaps two-thirds the size of a square Post-It. They'd be ideal for use as a bookmark if you buy hard-copy books. Downside is that they're also easy to lose. I stuck mine in the small credit-card piece of my wallet (the separate piece that holds my driver's license and three cards and that resides in my front trouser pocket).

We had absolutely no difficulty using the "paperless" system, but I've heard a lot of complaints from other people, the #1 thing being problems swiping the card (whether this is due to user error with people failing to bring the proper credit card or due to problems on Verizon Center's end, I have no idea, but I suspect it's a combination).

Regarding how to forward multiple games in a single e-mail: If the system doesn't let you do it that way, you could always use your software to "print" multiple games to .PDF on your own computer, then use your .PDF software to combine all those into a single file and forward that "document" via e-mail. I believe in order to combine .PDFs into a single file you need something more than the basic free "Adobe Reader" software that many people mistakenly think of as "Acrobat." (I use Nitro Pro, which is substantially cheaper than Adobe Acrobat, because I have to create lots of .PDFs as part of e-filing in federal court.)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #51: October 11, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »
I predict a surge in toner cartridge sales.

Seriously, this will be good for people managing ticket groups. Instead of having to manually separate and distribute the tickets, I can simply shoot it over to my partners electronically. And they will have to print them out, I guess.

Offline GburgNatsFan2

« Reply #52: October 11, 2012, 12:59:03 PM »
You may be able to answer a question for me... how are trousers different than pants, or slacks? :)

We had "paperless tickets" to last April's Springsteen concert at Verizon. Instead of a ticket card, you presented the credit card with which you purchased the tickets. The ticket-taker swiped the card through a machine that's similar to the credit-card machines used in Europe; for those who haven't seen those, it's sort of like the handheld machines the meter maids use to print parking tickets except it's smaller. The machine then printed the "seat locator" slips OC describes. Those slips were smaller than a standard square Post-It Note—I'd estimate the "seat locator" slip is perhaps two-thirds the size of a square Post-It. They'd be ideal for use as a bookmark if you buy hard-copy books. Downside is that they're also easy to lose. I stuck mine in the small credit-card piece of my wallet (the separate piece that holds my driver's license and three cards and that resides in my front trouser pocket).

We had absolutely no difficulty using the "paperless" system, but I've heard a lot of complaints from other people, the #1 thing being problems swiping the card (whether this is due to user error with people failing to bring the proper credit card or due to problems on Verizon Center's end, I have no idea, but I suspect it's a combination).

Regarding how to forward multiple games in a single e-mail: If the system doesn't let you do it that way, you could always use your software to "print" multiple games to .PDF on your own computer, then use your .PDF software to combine all those into a single file and forward that "document" via e-mail. I believe in order to combine .PDFs into a single file you need something more than the basic free "Adobe Reader" software that many people mistakenly think of as "Acrobat." (I use Nitro Pro, which is substantially cheaper than Adobe Acrobat, because I have to create lots of .PDFs as part of e-filing in federal court.)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #53: October 11, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »
You may be able to answer a question for me... how are trousers different than pants, or slacks? :)

Trousers are what you wear on the farm. Slacks are what you wear in the office. Pants are what you wear everywhere else.

The above is a mindfact, probably.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #54: October 11, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »
Trousers are what you wear on the farm. Slacks are what you wear in the office. Pants are what you wear everywhere else.

The above is a mindfact, probably.

Pants are the superset of everything that you wear that stretches from your waist down to cover your giblets.

They can be jeans, jorts, shorts, trousers, chinos, etc - all of which are pants.

Online 1995hoo

« Reply #55: October 11, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
This debate is pants.

(OC will understand.)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #56: October 12, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »
So far, so good: it basically works, but the person at the gate needed to swipe my card three times to get it to generate the ticket receipt (a regular seat-mate of mine told me his needed seven swipes) - and as is usually the case at Wizards matches, there was no usher outside my section (granted this was a pre-season match which is normally quite lightly attended, but even in regular season they are often not there).

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #57: October 12, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »
Hey guys,

So I bought two tickets to the NLCS online through the Nationals "Insider" time period on their website. It only let me print out the tickets. I won't be able to get the traditional hard copy ticket of this as a souvenir?

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #58: October 12, 2012, 04:03:43 PM »
Hey guys,

So I bought two tickets to the NLCS online through the Nationals "Insider" time period on their website. It only let me print out the tickets. I won't be able to get the traditional hard copy ticket of this as a souvenir?
I don't think so, I never have. You have to pay extra for the tickets to be shipped to you when you buy them.

Maybe call the ticket office?

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #59: October 12, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »
Yeah, guess thats my only choice. Thanks!

Offline 114D

« Reply #60: October 26, 2012, 01:26:46 PM »
The Wizards system is terrible, not having default paper tickets is a huge pain, have to print every game anyway -- no paper saved, only saving is their printing costs from fancy paper stock.  I like the Nats system of paper tickes with electronic transfers.  Very bummed we won't have paper tickets next year.  The best evidence of what a stupid system it is?  The 2 page email the Wizards had to send to explain all the nuances & contingencies.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #61: January 22, 2013, 07:06:23 PM »
Did the Caps implement the same system that the Nats are going to use?  I'm seeing complaints of a major disaster at the entry gates tonight. 

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #62: January 22, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »
Did the Caps implement the same system that the Nats are going to use?  I'm seeing complaints of a major disaster at the entry gates tonight. 

(Image removed from quote.)
According to my cube neighbor, they have the ticketless system. I think he said that not only are the tickets on "the card"- for his plan, all 4 seats are on the card.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #63: January 22, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »
Oh boy is this going to be great, April 1st can't get here soon enough.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #64: January 22, 2013, 07:11:52 PM »
At least Leonsis provides TVs so that fans can watch the opening night puck drop and first period while queued up.  We'll have no such luck at Nats Park.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #65: January 22, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »

If the first 99 minutes of the Caps season is any indication of how they are going to play their 48 regular season games, we should be thankful that they didn't have an 82 game season.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #66: January 22, 2013, 10:06:36 PM »
According to my cube neighbor, they have the ticketless system. I think he said that not only are the tickets on "the card"- for his plan, all 4 seats are on the card.

They have instructions on how to put your tickets from your account onto your card, how to print them out and how to email them to others.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #67: January 22, 2013, 10:48:47 PM »
They have instructions on how to put your tickets from your account onto your card, how to print them out and how to email them to others.
They do have instructions. But it seems to me that they've tranferred the responisbity of getting a ticket to you, as opposed to buying tickets and them sending your tickets to you.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #68: January 22, 2013, 11:23:28 PM »
This has complete disaster written all over it.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #69: January 22, 2013, 11:28:25 PM »
They do have instructions. But it seems to me that they've tranferred the responisbity of getting a ticket to you, as opposed to buying tickets and them sending your tickets to you.

Just like "ring it up and pack your groceries yourself at Giant".

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #70: January 22, 2013, 11:39:56 PM »
and I hate that too. I don't work at the flipping Giant.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #71: January 22, 2013, 11:54:41 PM »

Me too and neither do I.  Customer service is no longer service.  We have to do the work ourselves.  DON'T YOU LOVE OUR TECHNOLOGICAL WORLD?

PRESS 1 IF YES
PRESS 2 IF NO
PRESS 3 IF FREAK NO
PRESS 4 FOR AN OPERATOR

I'm sorry we're not available now
   :roll: :evil:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #72: January 23, 2013, 09:01:42 AM »

It all started with self serve gas pumps.   "You freeze your ass off and I'll sit in here and read the paper."     But the worst of all this technology is the tech intensive phone answering systems.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #73: January 23, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »
Me too and neither do I.  Customer service is no longer service.  We have to do the work ourselves.  DON'T YOU LOVE OUR TECHNOLOGICAL WORLD?
   :roll: :evil:

Buddy of mine and I often discuss "customer service".    It's a catch phrase.    I started in an actual phone section and talked to people every day about their "issue" with the folks I worked for.   I gave 'em my name and number and tried to be their advocate.   You didn't have to "Press 1" to get ahold of me.     In the 38 years since, "customer service" has devolved into an impersonal "do-it-yourself good luck with that" enterprise.   But, it saves companies millions of dollars.   Automation seldom calls off sick.     When there is a glitch, it's you, the customer, who gets hosed and not the corporation.   

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #74: January 23, 2013, 09:08:24 AM »

If they want to give me a discount to reflect their lack of cost associated with using those lines fine, but they seem to be just an excuse for inadequate staffing