Author Topic: WNFF Fantasy Baseball 2012 (Official Topic)  (Read 8648 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: WNFF Fantasy Baseball 2012 (Official Topic)
« Reply #75: April 06, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »
cmdterps44, the H2H league isn't working the way it did last year.  ESPN's Setting is to lock the entire roster, after the first game of the day begins:

Lineup Changes   
Daily - Lock at First Game of Day

Standard League Rules
Once the roster is locked in Standard leagues, you are unable to make any roster changes. League Managers in LM Leagues are able to make changes to rosters once they have locked.

ROSTER LOCKTIMES
Individual slots lock daily at the game time scheduled for the player in that slot. This occurs even if the player is not playing, so make sure you move injured players prior to their team's scheduled game start.

LINEUP LOCKTIMES
Individual roster slots lock when the team of the player in that slot is scheduled to begin their first game of the day.

Remember, roster locks involve add/drops while lineup locks only involve active/bench. For instance, when the first game of the day starts, your roster is then locked. Any players added after will display on the next day for daily leagues and on Monday for weekly leagues.

While the first game always precluded you from grabbing Free Agents (they'd be dated as acquired the next day), it's now stopping us from making lineup Moves before the players' games start.

Example: The first game started at 2:05 pm today.  But we should still be able to move players between our Bench and the active roster before games begin at 7:05 pm or even 10 pm on the west coast.  West coast lineups are not announced until much later.
 :evil:

You may need to write to ESPN's Help Desk as Commissioner to get them to fix or override the setting

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #76: April 10, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »
Any news on changing the rosters? I keep getting effed on last minute pulls

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #77: April 10, 2012, 05:05:44 PM »
The settings are locked. I must've selected lock at first scheduled game rather than individually.

I have sent a request to change it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #79: April 11, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »
sucks how you're a point or two away from tieing/taking the lead in like 4 categories.

Also, I sent an email and got a response earlier today. They said they cannot change it. The only way would be to make a new league and all of that jazz...

Sorry guys I freaked up.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #81: April 11, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
Better than me... I'm getting killed

EDIT: Nevermind. Sons Of Odin really blows too...

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #82: April 11, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »
Better than me... I'm getting killed

EDIT: Nevermind. Sons Of Odin really blows too...

:crackup:

Poor ol' Nathan.  Didn't he kick ass in the Fantasy Football league last year?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #83: April 11, 2012, 09:21:17 PM »
:razz: :razz: :razz:

The lock thing is killing me.  Also, For some reason I always have trouble getting my DL moves to actually stick, anyone else have that issue?  I can go to manage DL, move player to DL, submit, but then the next day they are back on the active list again :shrug:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #84: April 11, 2012, 11:22:34 PM »
:razz: :razz: :razz:

The lock thing is killing me....
You can minimize the damage by:
1. Going to your My Team page
2. Click on the heading for the next day of the week.
3. Set your lineup (it will NOT change your previous day lineup):
    a. Make sure your starting pitchers are active, and
    b. Move bench players to active to replace guys who do not have games or are out injured.
4. Go back to #2; set your lineups for each of the next 6 or 7 days.
5. Check in the late morning, to see if any news affects your players chance of playing. 
(Nothing like learning that someone you have in the active lineup has been sent down to the minor league!)
There's an annual early game in Boston that starts at 11 am or so coming up. 
You can always change your mind about lineups before the first game of the day. 

The remaining problem is when:
1. Games are likely to be rained out, and you could have moved someone from the bench.
2. Someone is just given a day off and isn't in the lineup.

Maybe cmdterps44 could ask Help to have an ESPN supervisor or programmer to override the stuck Setting.
In the meantime, ALL of us can COMPLAIN, if we get a random popup request to Evaluate ESPN by an outside survey.  ESPN should give us the power to change such an awful setting.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #85: April 12, 2012, 12:29:23 AM »
I asked Help. They told me that its impossible. I guess I over-glanced the option when I was selecting :(

I failed this year.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #86: April 12, 2012, 02:06:38 AM »
I asked Help. They told me that its impossible. I guess I over-glanced the option when I was selecting :(

I failed this year.

It's not that huge of an issue. Kinda sucks for late scratches, but those suck either way. 

Offline The Chief

« Reply #87: April 12, 2012, 11:48:05 AM »
So I gather that day-to-day players can't be moved to the DL?

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #88: April 12, 2012, 11:58:45 AM »
So I gather that day-to-day players can't be moved to the DL?

They have to be officially placed on either the 15 DL or 60 DL for you to be able to move them to the IR.  The biggest dagger is sometimes ESPN takes a while to update the status if they are in fact moved to one of the DLs and you can't do anything until they do (update it).

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #89: April 12, 2012, 11:59:20 AM »
sucks how you're a point or two away from tieing/taking the lead in like 4 categories.

Also, I sent an email and got a response earlier today. They said they cannot change it. The only way would be to make a new league and all of that jazz...

Sorry guys I freaked up.

no biggie, CBS is the same way - everything locks once the first game starts.  The only league system i've seen that allows moves based on when specific teams start playing is yahoo. 

Offline The Chief

« Reply #90: April 15, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
Anybody looking to trade a closer?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #91: April 15, 2012, 12:05:15 PM »
"Lilly (neck) came off the DL on Saturday and held the Padres to one unearned run on two hits over seven innings to pick up the win in his season debut."

And he sat on my DL list because I totally did not notice :bang: :rant: :(

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #92: April 16, 2012, 08:53:08 AM »
Heads up for everyone in this league, today is Boston's Patriot Day game that starts at 1100 AM and because of our settings that is when your rosters will lock.  Make sure you make any needed changes before then.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #93: April 16, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »
Good looking out, thanks.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #94: April 16, 2012, 09:24:32 PM »
Damn, definitely did not realize that each category counted as win versus one win per matchup.  Probably wouldn't have punted saves if I had.  Ugh.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #95: April 16, 2012, 09:25:26 PM »
Damn, definitely did not realize that each category counted as win versus one win per matchup.  Probably wouldn't have punted saves if I had.  Ugh.

Ditto.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #96: April 16, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
Wait, what?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #97: April 16, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »
Look at your box score for last week, then look at the league standings.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #98: April 16, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »
Each category that you win in a matchup counts as 1 win in the standings.  So, for instance let's say you win every category in week 1, your record would be 10-0.  Then let's say in week two, you tie the person you are playing 5-5, your total record would be 15-5.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #99: April 18, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »
I forgot too, even though I asked for the change back to what we had in an earlier season.  It should help with Quitters, who stop managing their teams; they shouldn't win with blowouts. 
But a Win-Loss-Tie result of 4-5-1 keeps you more in the running for the season than a 0-1 loss.

In 2011 my roster was autodrafted, except for the last 3 rounds.  The live draft was too early, and conflicted with a NCAA basketball conference semi-final I attended.  Also, we had 16 managers in WNFF last year.

I'm pretty happy with my 2012 live draft and a 14-member WNFF league.  We still have some quality players available as free agents.

For fantasy players, the first game of the day today:
Wed April 18, 2012:
Mets (7-4, 3-2 away) vs. Braves (6-5, 4-1 home) at 12:10 PM ET

Ball, strike, balk, or Dancing with the Stars application?