Author Topic: ERICA, SALTY  (Read 1235 times)

nospinzone1

ERICA, SALTY
« Topic Start: September 19, 2007, 11:05:23 PM »
i know it is hard to diagnose something without knowing more, but generally speaking what causes a person to breeak in a cold sweat out of the blue? blood pressure, ? low sugar?

Offline ronnynat

Re: ERICA, SALTY
« Reply #1: September 19, 2007, 11:09:21 PM »
I'm neither one of them, but the flu bug is going around. That could be it. My brother keeps having cold/hot sweats. My muscles have only been affected by it so far, though.

nospinzone1

« Reply #2: September 19, 2007, 11:25:26 PM »
I'm neither one of them, but the flu bug is going around. That could be it. My brother keeps having cold/hot sweats. My muscles have only been affected by it so far, though.

NO SYMPTOMS OF THAT WITH ME....IT HAPPENED TO ME LAST SATURDAY ALSO. IT DOES NOT STAY JUST COMES OUT OF THE BLUE AND DISAPPEARS .

Offline kimnat

« Reply #3: September 20, 2007, 08:59:05 AM »
Nospin, how are you feeling this morning?  I would get sweats from my thyroid medicine, which I apparently didn't really need.  I was being treated for hypothyroid but the med was pushing me into hyperthyroid.  All sorts of possibilities out there.  But option is to get an answer from your doc.  Call them back today and ask for the nurse if it continues.  They might want to get you in sooner.

nospinzone1

« Reply #4: September 20, 2007, 01:55:49 PM »
Nospin, how are you feeling this morning?  I would get sweats from my thyroid medicine, which I apparently didn't really need.  I was being treated for hypothyroid but the med was pushing me into hyperthyroid.  All sorts of possibilities out there.  But option is to get an answer from your doc.  Call them back today and ask for the nurse if it continues.  They might want to get you in sooner.

thanks Kim, the doctor is working me in at 3 pm today. there are several possibilities but I dont let things fester. if necessary get some blood work done. last two days out of nowhere I am dragging my right foot. little swollen. and very painful. tmw. i am picking up my orthotics that foot doctor had made for me. maybe that will help the foot. sometimes i wonder if one of my cuban "friends" put a curse on me. let you all know laer after seeing the doc. I am also seeing the shrink for my first visit at 7pm.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #5: September 20, 2007, 01:58:15 PM »
Well, let us know how you're doing and what's up. 

natsfan1a

« Reply #6: September 20, 2007, 02:03:18 PM »
Yes, keep us posted.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #7: September 20, 2007, 02:12:51 PM »
Didn't you say a while back that your blood sugar was borderline?  I would think that these could be symptoms.  I know that the sweating can be and webmd points at some limb weakness as being in that family at times too.  Could be other stuff too.

nospinzone1

« Reply #8: September 20, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »
DOCTROR WAS PUZZLED ALSO. HE SAID IF IT CONTINUES WE WILL RUN SOME BLOOD TESTS. MEANWHILE MY RIGHT FOOT IS KILLING ME WITH PAIN. A LITTLE SWOLLEN ON TOP. PAIN MED DOES NOT EVEN PUIT A DENT IN IT. DOC SAID TO DOUBLE UP ON ULTRACET. SUGAR LEVELS ARE DOWN WITH MEDICATION. HE TOLD ME TO STOP TAKING IT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND MEASURE SO WE CAN ADJUST THE DOSES. ALSO TO KEEP IN THE CAR SOME ORANGE JUICE AND CANDY TO SEE IF THAT HELPS WHEN I GET THOSE COLD SWEATS. FORTUNATELY I AM SCHEDULED TO PICK UP MY ORTHOTICS TOMORROW FROM FOOT DOCTOR AND I WILL HAVE HIM X RAY THE FOOT AND SEE WHAT IS GOING ON.

THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #9: September 20, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »
Did the doctor say to keep your foot up or put an ice pack on it?  I know that helps me when my feet hurt.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #10: September 20, 2007, 05:33:16 PM »
DOCTROR WAS PUZZLED ALSO. HE SAID IF IT CONTINUES WE WILL RUN SOME BLOOD TESTS. MEANWHILE MY RIGHT FOOT IS KILLING ME WITH PAIN. A LITTLE SWOLLEN ON TOP. PAIN MED DOES NOT EVEN PUIT A DENT IN IT. DOC SAID TO DOUBLE UP ON ULTRACET. SUGAR LEVELS ARE DOWN WITH MEDICATION. HE TOLD ME TO STOP TAKING IT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND MEASURE SO WE CAN ADJUST THE DOSES. ALSO TO KEEP IN THE CAR SOME ORANGE JUICE AND CANDY TO SEE IF THAT HELPS WHEN I GET THOSE COLD SWEATS. FORTUNATELY I AM SCHEDULED TO PICK UP MY ORTHOTICS TOMORROW FROM FOOT DOCTOR AND I WILL HAVE HIM X RAY THE FOOT AND SEE WHAT IS GOING ON.

THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN.

Hope you feel better! At least orange juice and candy is a pleasant prescription :)

nospinzone1

« Reply #11: September 20, 2007, 06:29:16 PM »
Did the doctor say to keep your foot up or put an ice pack on it?  I know that helps me when my feet hurt.

no , he did not. thanks for the tip. i will do it.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #12: September 20, 2007, 06:45:53 PM »
Now that's not medical advice. 

Ericaaaaa.  Is that good advice or no?

Offline kimnat

« Reply #13: September 20, 2007, 07:32:57 PM »
I'm so glad that they're not worried about a blood clot or anything!  I was hoping to hear from you this evening.  Thanks for letting us know!!!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #14: September 20, 2007, 09:32:05 PM »
Nospin - You're back!!  How are you doing?  How are you feeling?

nospinzone1

« Reply #15: September 20, 2007, 09:49:53 PM »
Nospin - You're back!!  How are you doing?  How are you feeling?

FOOT STILL HURTS. WILL SEE PODIATRIST TMW. SAW THE SHRINK FOR FIRST EVALUATION. I LIKED HIM. WILL SEE HIM NEXT WEEK AGAIN. HOPE IN A COUPLE WEEKS MARIA WILL WANT TO SEE HIM TOO. SHE HINTED TODAY THAT MAYBE SHE SHOULD GO ALSO.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #16: September 20, 2007, 09:51:01 PM »
Ohh, that's wonderful!!!  (about the shrink part)  I'll be praying for your foot tonight!

nospinzone1

« Reply #17: September 20, 2007, 10:12:32 PM »
Ohh, that's wonderful!!!  (about the shrink part)  I'll be praying for your foot tonight!

THANKS A LOT, KIM.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #18: September 20, 2007, 10:33:12 PM »
ohh just reading this link..

hope you're doing better!

natsfan1a

« Reply #19: September 20, 2007, 10:40:24 PM »
Good news!