Author Topic: The 2nd FANTASY League (Head 2 Head Scoring)  (Read 5434 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

The 2nd FANTASY League (Head 2 Head Scoring)
« Topic Start: February 18, 2007, 09:11:15 PM »
2nd Forum free FANTASY Baseball League now formed:
Head-to-Head, LIVE Draft Sunday, Mar 25, 2007 at 8:30pm.
Free fantasy league through CBS Sportsline

To join: Click on My Messages above, and send me a private message with your email address, so I can send you an invitation to the league with its password.

I saw that over 85% of the LIVE draft leagues use Head-to-Head.  I took a date early enough so we can still make trades and grab players off waivers, before the first MLB game Sunday night April 1, 2007 at 9:05 pm.  You must have your weekly lineup set 30 minutes before that game begins.

The NCAA Regional Men's Basketball Regional Finals (day 2) are Sunday March 25th from 2:30pm-7:00pm, so you won't miss them, and can still see the post-game analysis.

Do NOT drop out of the Fan Forum AUTOMATED draft league (March 29) unless you have a replacement.  You CAN play in both leagues.  If you still want to join the automated draft league, I can see if one of the participants wants to drop out and give you their spot. 

Offline nats2playoffs

The complete rules for CBS Sportsline Fantasy Baseball are at:
http://freemeeting.3.baseball.sportsline.com/meeting/rules#rules_single_schedule
An excerpt of Head-to-Head rules:

Roster Restrictions
During your league's draft, each owner will draft 22 MLB players... no more than 16 are in the active lineup each week. Any player not in the active lineup may be put in reserve status, as long as the total number of players on the roster doesn't exceed 22.  All teams?must have a minimum of 5 pitchers in the active lineup. This is the only minimum roster requirement. There are, however, maximums imposed for active rosters each week:

Weekly
                         Lineup       Draft

Maximum  Maximum
Catcher                 1        2
First Basemen         1        1
Second Basemen     1        1
Third Basemen        1        1
Shortstops             1        1
Outfielders             3        6
Utility                   1        1
Pitchers                7        9
All Positions         16       22

Schedule & Playoffs (For Head-to-Head Leagues)
For Head-to-Head leagues, the Fantasy Regular Season will run for 23 weeks from 4/1/2007 through 9/9/2007. During the regular season, each team will play 23 weekly (Monday-Sunday, with the exception of Week 1 which takes place from Sunday-Sunday) Head-to-Head matchups as follows:
? 3 matchups versus every divisional opponent (12 matchups total)
? 2 matchups versus every non-divisional opponent (10 matchups total)
? 1 extra matchup versus a random non-division opponent (1 total)

Playoffs
When the 23-game fantasy regular season ends on September 9, 2007, four teams from the league will make the fantasy playoffs.

Weekly Head-to-Head Scoring System
Contest also offers a weekly Head-to-Head scoring option. During each week (Monday-Sunday, with the exception of Week 1 which takes place from Sunday-Sunday), two teams face each other in a Head-to-Head matchup. Each team earns points based on statistics accumulated by its players that week. Point values are listed in the table below. The team with the most points that week gets a Win, and the other team gets a Loss. In the event of tie, the team with the most reserve (a.k.a. "bench") points gets the win. Standings are based on teams' Win/Loss records.

Head-to-Head Point Values
Batting Category   Point Value
Single           1 point
Double          2 points
Triple            3 points
Home Run      4 points
RBI               1 point
Run              1 point
Base on Balls  1 point
Stolen Base    2 points
Pitching Category Point Value
Win                 10 points
Save               10 points
Complete Game   5 points
Strikeout           1 point
Base on Balls    -0.5 points
Inning Pitched   2 points
Hits Allowed   -0.5 points
Earned Runs   -1 point

Head-to-Head Notes:
?   A team's score is tabulated daily.
?   Pitchers' hitting stats will not generate any hitting points, and batter's pitching stats will not generate pitching points.
?   A player will accumulate hitting stats whether or not he plays at the position designated by SportsLine. (e.g., Darin Erstad is listed at 1B on a Fantasy team's roster and he plays OF in a particular game. His hitting stats in that game will still count towards his Fantasy team's total points.)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
I'm not really into Head2Head but I'll at least maintain a chair in the league.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I'm not really into Head2Head but I'll at least maintain a chair in the league.

I'm in.  The only fantasy sport I've ever really done before is fantasy football, and obviously head2head works better in that.

Offline nats2playoffs

I'm in.  The only fantasy sport I've ever really done before is fantasy football, and obviously head2head works better in that.
All I've ever done is fantasy football.  We have 3 signed up so far, so if someone signs up who actually has experience in head-to-head baseball, they may have an advantage.  I wonder how much people go to their bench or waivers, with such a long schedule.

MoochieDC_86

i guess you can count me in...only done head 2 head once for Baseball...

alecman

I'm in, i coincidentally, did the football league w/2k6 nats, so hopefully i can better him in baseball to prove i am better..

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I'm in, i coincidentally, did the football league w/2k6 nats, so hopefully i can better him in baseball to prove i am better..

To paraphrase, he means we did a separate fantasy football league together, and he wasn't that great ;)

MoochieDC_86

just to let u know when football starts again i will dominate if i am invited to join the league...

Offline nats2playoffs

just to let u know when football starts again i will dominate if i am invited to join the league...
You are not in the head-to-head baseball league yet, I don't think.  You are in the automated draft league.  If you want to do this one too, send me a private email with your email address, by clicking on My Messages and sending it to nats2playoffs.  O just read the private message I sent you there, which has the login information at CBS Sportsline.
 :(

MoochieDC_86

You are not in the head-to-head baseball league yet, I don't think.  You are in the automated draft league.  If you want to do this one too, send me a private email with your email address, by clicking on My Messages and sending it to nats2playoffs.  O just read the private message I sent you there, which has the login information at CBS Sportsline.
 :(

Actually I am in both....Crush Mob All-Stars and Pure Columbian.....oh yes the domination will begin....

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
How about this: if you're in the rotisserie league, join this league as well as I did.  Twice the fun!

Offline nats2playoffs

EDITED:
Thanks for the Sticky-status, Chief! With 257 members of the Forum today, we're bound to get 5 more before Opening Day.  I posted an invite on the MLB Nationals board TODAY, so we should get more sign ups.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Thanks for the Sticky-status, Chief! With 257 members of the Forum today, we're bound to get 5 more before Opening Day.  I'll post an invite on the MLB Nationals board in a week,  if we don't get more sign ups.
(Image removed from quote.)

2000th post!

Yeah, I think posting this on the MLB forums would attract some people.  But I have read that over there, they have another H2H league that just filled up today.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
10 players established - unstickying the thread.

Offline nats2playoffs

REMINDER: the LIVE DRAFT for the Washington Nationals Fan Forum Head-to_Head fantasy baseball league is THIS Sunday night at 8:30 PM ET.   Go to CBS Sportsline and pull down on Fantasy (upper right) and then click on that league.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
REMINDER TO THOSE INVOLVED...

LIVE DRAFT IS TOMMOROW AT 8:30PM

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
LAST REMINDER - DRAFT IS THIS EVENING.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
LAST REMINDER - DRAFT IS THIS EVENING.

And if you're not there, it auto drafts for you.  No fun.

Offline nats2playoffs

Draft Order, Washington Nationals Fan Forum H2H
Head-to-Head LIVE Draft
With their Forum user names:

1. Mean Machines = ZIM4MVP
2. Florida Bombers = racab
3. Senators2005
4. nats2_playoffs
5. Waits? warriors = tomwaits
6. Crush Mob All-Stars = MoochieDC_86
7. Santanat = SantaNat
8. 2k6-nats
9. UVM Catamounts = alecman
10. gonats

At CBS Sportsline, click on this league under Fantasy.  You can still Rank your players, which keeps your choices at the top.  (I assume everyone has moved Barry Bonds to the bottom, #600.)  In the DRAFT PREP section, click on Draft Room before the Live Draft starts.  Good Luck!

Inquiring minds want to know:
Will ZIM4MVP select RYAN ZIMMERMAN as the NUMBER ONE pick in our draft?

WARNING: For NFL live drafts, if time expires before you make your pick, the computer will switch to auto-draft (since it doesn't know if you are coming back at all.)  To return to live control, you MUST UNCLICK a box to restore live selections.  If you don't, your next pick will also use autodraft, regardless of what else you are doing.  If team owners are using the queue and some are autodrafting, your next turn can come up very fast.     

West Division:
Senators2005
nats2_playoffs
Crush Mob All-Stars = MoochieDC_86
gonats
Waits? warriors = tomwaits

East Division:
2k6-nats
UVM Catamounts = alecman
Santanat = SantaNat
Mean Machines = ZIM4MVP
Florida Bombers = racab

So the two fantasy rivals from Vermont are in the same divsion!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
So the two fantasy rivals from Vermont are in the same divsion!

It's gonna be like the Cardinals-Cubs rivalry.  They are rivals, but the Cardinals are always much better ;)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Team 2k6nats' roster
Because I feel like making you guys look at my awesome-sauce roster.

Lineup:
C Joe Mauer MIN
1B Carlos Delgado NYM
2B Chase Utley PHI
3B Aramis Ramirez CHC
SS Michael Young TEX
OF Carlos N. Lee HOU
OF Johnny Damon NYY
OF Magglio Ordonez DET
U Travis Hafner CLE

Pitchers:
P Carlos Zambrano CHC
P Dontrelle Willis FLA
P Matt Cain SF
P Curt Schilling BOS
P Tom Gordon PHI
P Daniel Cabrera BAL
P Brian Fuentes COL

Reserves:
RS A.J. Pierzynski CHW
RS Richie Sexson SEA
RS Aubrey Huff BAL
RS Mark DeRosa CHC
RS Ted Lilly CHC
RS Anthony Reyes STL

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Draft Completed - Thread Unstickied.

MoochieDC_86

man....i missed the draft...so busy yesterday...i guess i will make do with wut i got....gotta go see it...

Offline nats2playoffs

SCHEDULE, Period 1: 4/1/07 - 4/8/07
gonats at Senators2005
nats2_playoffs at waits' warriors (tomwaits)
UVM Catamounts (alecman) at Crush Mob All-Stars (MoochieDC_86)
2k6-nats at Florida Bombers (racab)
Santanat (SantaNat) at Mean Machines (ZIM4MVP)

Remember, you MUST have your whole lineup set for this ENTIRE week about 10 minutes before the first game, which is 8:05 PM Sunday night, April 1, 2007, NY Mets at St Louis Cardinals. 

The first showdown between the two Vermont teams is Period 5: 4/30/07 - 5/6/07.  2k6-nats at UVM Catamounts (alecman).

So I start out ON THE ROAD.  I just can't get a break...