Author Topic: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 1  (Read 11289 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 1
« Reply #200: June 04, 2008, 12:19:58 AM »

This Crappy Team

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #201: June 04, 2008, 12:21:38 AM »
Jesus, Flores just got robbed. Predictable. He hammered that ball.  :roll:

3 straight losses. We have been outscored 15-1 over those 3 games.  We are no longer competitive, even while losing. We are getting slaughtered every night.

AnnieSavoy

« Reply #202: June 04, 2008, 12:22:09 AM »
What a way to end the day.

I just finished cleaning out the bottom of my pet rabbit's cage (I have a 3 1/2 pound Holland lop rabbit), and as I was pulling the soiled newspaper out of the bottom of the cage, I noticed that it was the sports section from the Post. Underneath the dirty, smelly litter and rabbit poop that fell out of the litter box and ended up on the bottom of the cage was an article about the Nats' opening night win, with a picture of Zimmerman waving to the crowd after his home run. The picture was yellow from my rabbit having peed on it.

That pee-stained, poop-soiled article is a sadly ironic statement about tonight's game, and about this whole damn season so far.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #203: June 04, 2008, 12:22:44 AM »
GAME OVER.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #204: June 04, 2008, 12:23:39 AM »
What a way to end the day.

I just finished cleaning out the bottom of my pet rabbit's cage (I have a 3 1/2 pound Holland lop rabbit), and as I was pulling the soiled newspaper out of the bottom of the cage, I noticed that it was the sports section from the Post. Underneath the dirty, smelly litter and rabbit poop that fell out of the litter box and ended up on the bottom of the cage was an article about the Nats' opening night win, with a picture of Zimmerman waving to the crowd after his home run. The picture was yellow from my rabbit having peed on it.

That pee-stained, poop-soiled article is a sadly ironic statement about tonight's game, and about this whole damn season so far.

tmi :lol:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #205: June 04, 2008, 12:32:10 AM »
I took the money that I was about to use a month ago on nice baseball seats and bought Caps STs instead.  Lerners may or may not be at fault (they probably are), but it's pretty hard to get excited about anything to do with the Nats right now.  I begrudge every cent I spend on the Nats right now. 

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #206: June 04, 2008, 12:34:55 AM »
one would call dukes pinch hit walk in the 8th meaningless, but it proved that pitchers FEAR dukes despite his average. villone with a 5 run cushion, threw 4 straight balls to dukes. he wanted nothing to do with dukes. then villone was so concerned with dukes that threw over to 1st to try and pick him off, proving that dukes wreaks havoc on the bases.

sorry, just trying to find some positives from tonight's miserable game.

• babble on
« Reply #207: June 04, 2008, 12:35:10 AM »
Disagree:  that's some vivid imagery haw haw

tmi :lol:

• babble on
« Reply #208: June 04, 2008, 12:38:48 AM »
quit bogarting it and pass it over...

one would call dukes pinch hit walk in the 8th meaningless, but it proved that pitchers FEAR dukes despite his average. villone with a 5 run cushion, threw 4 straight balls to dukes. he wanted nothing to do with dukes. then villone was so concerned with dukes that threw over to 1st to try and pick him off, proving that dukes wreaks havoc on the bases.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #209: June 04, 2008, 12:58:21 AM »

Again, Dukes is the worst player on this team, and that is really saying something. 

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #210: June 04, 2008, 08:21:18 AM »
Again, Dukes is the worst player on this team, and that is really saying something. 

No he's not, not at all. FLOP is worse, Colome is worse.... uhh.... yea well he's not the worst.