Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1  (Read 26211 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #25: September 26, 2008, 08:30:26 PM »
I like it so far. I love how at the start you can skip to all the commercial breaks and get them out of the way so that you can watch the entire episode uninterrupted afterwards. Some of it has been predictable but there have been other things that blew me away and left me like this  :shock:  WTF!

I have this feeling though that the writing is eventually going to weaken and it's going to become unwatchable. I'm hoping it isn't one of those weird M Night Shyamalan stories where everyone is already dead but the ones that are still around have unresolved issues. ...

Are you watching them all on ABC.com?  There are a number of Web sites dedicated to analyzing Lost.  There was so much buzz that the producer answered a few common questions.  He flatly said that they were not dead, years ago.  You can probably waste time reading that stuff, but watching more episodes might provide a few answers sooner.  They kept adding so many new questions, and kept repeating episodes in the early years, because they didn't have new shows ready, that it turned viewers off, and ratings fell. 

They completely Lost me when they decided to air nothing between May and the following February, I think two years running.  While last year's season was critically acclaimed, I didn't watch a single episode.  You can't have a clue-base show with a zillion sub-plots and wait 8 or 9 months to continue telling the story.  But watching the whole thing might be the way to go, with minimal annoyance.