Author Topic: Senators2005 Adopted Son & Photography Site  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Senators2005 Adopted Son & Photography Site
« Reply #50: December 21, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »
This is ICABs summary letter to our adoptions officer explaining their "reasoning"...

It is with deep regret that we are sharing the sad news that the Board did not favorably consider the request.  

Your recommendation for the couple to be allowed to proceed with the child's placement based on the fact that they hoped and planned to adopt two siblings was carefully considered by the Board. However, the two-year nurturance period policy was set based on the fact that abandoned and neglected children who had been institutionalized during the most critical stage of their life and had been deprived of the care and nurturance they had been longing for need more attention, care and nurturance from their loving adoptive parents. This nurturance period allows this child to be better prepared to share their parents' attention with another child who will arrive in the family. In the case of the [Senators2005 and his wife], although they have set their minds to having the child with them, the Board is certain that it would be different once they have their birth child with them especially since they have long been waiting for this child. The Board believes that the suspension of the child's placement with the [Senator2005 and his wife] will be for the child's best interest. Please assure the [Senator2005 and his wife] that should there be problems with the pregnancy, they will be given a priority and will be immediately matched with another child.

We hope that the [Senators2005 and his wife] will understand the basis of the Board's decision.

Very truly yours,

ICAB Staffer

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #51: December 21, 2007, 10:30:47 AM »
 >:( >:(  They don't know half the things they are saying.  To top it off, they say if anything happened to the pregnancy (NO NO NO, don't want THAT to Happen  :pray:), they would match you with ANOTHER CHILD and not the child you have already for all intensive purposes "Bonded with". 

Would talking with a Social Worker help to see if this is a common occurrence?  Would writing your congressman do anything.  I wish my Mom were around.  She WAS a social worker with family services for a long time and had good instincts about different situations.  Unfortunately she's gone, so I can't do that for you.  I'm grasping at straws I know. 

This is NUTS.  :stupid:  :rant:

natsfan1a

« Reply #52: December 21, 2007, 10:32:09 AM »
Nuts and infuriating and clueless and cold.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #53: December 21, 2007, 10:49:46 AM »
CALSGR8 you hit the nail on the head.  We were extremely offended by the "if you pregnancy doesn't work out - we'll fix you up with a spankin new orphan right away" part and I'm glad you saw it too.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #54: December 21, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »
CALSGR8 you hit the nail on the head.  We were extremely offended by the "if you pregnancy doesn't work out - we'll fix you up with a spankin new orphan right away" part and I'm glad you saw it too.

How many kids need adopting that the child you had bonded with would be adopted by then?!

Why don't you hear of Jolie having these kinds of problems with adopting kids while pregnant?  Hmm, does she have a website to be contacted?  Its a thought!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #55: December 21, 2007, 11:04:59 AM »
Terrible for you, your wife, and the baby up for adoption :(

Deepest condolences.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #56: December 21, 2007, 11:49:53 AM »
I'm still spittin' nails over this one!  I hope your connections work for you here!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #57: December 21, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »
Sens, I am so sorry to hear of the ridiculous and ignorant decision that has thrown you and your wife such a bitter pill. As an adoptee, I'm livid when I hear of these bureaucratic roadblocks to such an important event. My prayers are with you and your wife for the healthy and happy birth upcoming. It could have been so much happier.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #58: December 21, 2007, 12:51:59 PM »
Sens, I am so sorry to hear of the ridiculous and ignorant decision that has thrown you and your wife such a bitter pill. As an adoptee, I'm livid when I hear of these bureaucratic roadblocks to such an important event. My prayers are with you and your wife for the healthy and happy birth upcoming. It could have been so much happier.
Thank you Salty.  We've called in our connection - we'll now just have to see how far it goes.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #59: December 21, 2007, 01:44:20 PM »
Thank you Salty.  We've called in our connection - we'll now just have to see how far it goes.

You got my support  :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #60: December 21, 2007, 01:47:50 PM »
We gals are still mad!  As evidenced on page 212 of the Word thread!

natsfan1a

« Reply #61: December 21, 2007, 01:48:56 PM »
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Offline CALSGR8

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #63: December 22, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »
I'm very sorry, Sens.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #64: December 31, 2007, 11:46:45 AM »
Sens, found this thread today....so so sorry for your whole family. I've heard of some pretty backwards things, but this takes the cake.