Author Topic: Breast Cancer  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
Breast Cancer
« Topic Start: April 15, 2007, 11:21:01 PM »
Hey guys,

As you know im a nurse and a nats fan! And on May 5&6 2007 im volunteering all weekend for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in DC.  Im going to be in the "wellness village" and working for FREE ALL WEEKEND as a nurse!

So, please vist my web page!!!! If you feel the need to donate, by all means please do!

Its for a wonderful cause. We all have had someone in our lives we know who has breast cancer!

Again, thanks for your time!!

Erica

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?px=3085270&pg=personal&fr_id=1270

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?px=3085270&pg=personal&fr_id=1270

nospinzone1

Re: Breast Cancer
« Reply #1: April 15, 2007, 11:35:23 PM »
MY wife HAD A NON INVASIVE CANCEROUS LUMP REMOVED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO; MY SISTER HAD A BREAST REMOVED SEVERAL YEARS AGO. BOTH ARE DOING WELL. I CONGRATULATE YOU AND YOU CAN GUESS THAT I AM VERY SUPPORTIVE OF THIS CAUSE. REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR TO ACS.

NOW A CHEAP FREE CONSULTATION....WHATIS CONSIDERED BORDERLINE HIGH FIGURES FOR GLUCOSE READINGS?

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #2: April 15, 2007, 11:38:40 PM »
your blood sugars should be 80-120, is ideal....

but with medications, and a well controled diet. but i would try to keep your sugars below 200!!

and if make sure you check your blood sugars at least 2 times a day!! at least

:-)

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #3: April 15, 2007, 11:39:53 PM »
if you ever need any questions, feel free to send me a private message too! :-)

more and happy to help out !

ps. thanks for your support

nospinzone1

« Reply #4: April 15, 2007, 11:45:17 PM »
your blood sugars should be 80-120, is ideal....

but with medications, and a well controled diet. but i would try to keep your sugars below 200!!

and if make sure you check your blood sugars at least 2 times a day!! at least

SHUCKS , I GOT TO CONSULT A NUTRITIONIST ASAP...I NEVER PAID ATTENTION TO NUTRITION UNTIL NOW ... LOTS TO LEARN SINCE EVEN TRYING TO AVOID SWEETS AND READING LABELS I ALWAYS HAD A SWEET TOOTH. IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A GLUCOSE DICTIONARY, I MEAN LIKE IF YOU WANT TO LOOK A FOOD PRODUCT THE BOOK WILL GIVE YOU THE INFO I NEED?

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #5: April 15, 2007, 11:50:38 PM »
yes, yes, yes, met w/ a nutritionist asap.  but more important your doctor should have given you some guidence and have you meet with an diabetic educator.

If not, let me know and perhaps i can get you some info.

nospinzone1

« Reply #6: April 16, 2007, 12:08:26 AM »
yes, yes, yes, met w/ a nutritionist asap.  but more important your doctor should have given you some guidence and have you meet with an diabetic educator.

If not, let me know and perhaps i can get you some info.

THIS IS A VERY NEW DEVELOPMENT. I AM POKING MYSELF TWICE A DAY. I HAD A HARD TIME GETTING USED TO THE APPARATUS AND I AM CHICKEN ABOUT SEEING MY OWN BLOOD...BUT I AM MANAGING TO DO IT NOW AND KEEPING A LOG. IT IS MORE COMPLICATE THAN THAT....I ALSO HAVE CHF AND FOR A WHILE I WAS HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING AND HAD A COMPULSIVE DRY COUGH. BP IS JUST A TAD ON THE BORDERLINE SIDE. ALL KINDS OF MEDICATIONS....I BOUGHT TARGET STOCK ON ACCOUNT OF ALL THE MONEY IN MEDICARE RXS ...YOU WONT BELIEVE I AM ALREADY IN THE "DONUT HOLE" OF MEDICARE RX. HOWEVER, I AM SO THANKFUL THAT I CAN AFFORD IT WHEREAS SOME CANNOT AND THAT I AM ALIVE.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #7: April 16, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »
YEAH, THE STARCHY FOODS REALLY BUMP UP YOUR BLOOD SUGAR COUNTS, SO YOU NEED TO LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF BREADS, PASTAS, POTATOES AND STUFF LIKE THAT.  MOST HOSPITALS OFFER DIABETIC EDUCATION CLASSES COMPLETE W/ DIETARY INFORMATION.  MY DAD RECENTLY LEARNED THAT HE IS ALSO DIABETIC.  HE TOOK A SERIES OF CLASSES AT LOUDOUN HOSPITAL AND HAS LEARNED HOW TO MANAGE HIS DIET.  HE'S EVEN LEARNED WHAT HE CAN OR CAN'T EAT AT THE BALLGAMES, SO HE NOW PACKS SNACKS FOR THE GAME.  BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND I'LL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS.

Erica,
Let me talk to Dan and I'll see what we can do to donate.  :)

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #8: April 16, 2007, 03:44:20 PM »
My wife went through a breast cancer scare a few years ago, and I have an aunt fighting it right now.  Thanks for all you are doing.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #9: April 16, 2007, 03:49:13 PM »
aww thanks,

I really hope my small help can make a difference to just one person that weekend!

On my unit, we get alot of women who have had breast reconstruction surgery. I have taken care alot of women, in addition to my friend, i am doing this in honor of all the women who have crossed my nursing path and the ones in the future... (i hope that gets less and less over time)

again, thanks for your support!

erica

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #10: April 16, 2007, 05:13:32 PM »
Man I saw this thread and my first thought was "oh crape, Erica has breast cancer?!?!"  :shock:

You should use more specific thread titles in the future :lol:

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #11: April 16, 2007, 05:26:05 PM »
sorry about that

i didnt mean to scare anyone!

:roll:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #12: April 16, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »
sorry about that

i didnt mean to scare anyone!

:roll:

Hey don't roll your eyes at me young lady :nono:

I can't help it if I worry about mah users ;) :lol:

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #13: April 16, 2007, 10:55:11 PM »
oh i ment to click on the smily next to the roll eyes...

sorry man...lol

:P

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #14: April 16, 2007, 10:59:10 PM »
Righteous...will suss out your site and throw something into the hat.  Thanks for doing that.  Several of the cats in my pride have been so afflicted, and cancer is the f**king devil, breast cancer perhaps the worst of the worst.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #15: April 16, 2007, 11:14:12 PM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I really appreciate your donation!!! And there was another donation earlier but im not sure who it was! Please send me an private message so i can thank you as well!

Thanks guys and gals! for your support!

My job as a nurse has given me so much and this weekend is the least i can do to give back!

nospinzone1

« Reply #16: April 17, 2007, 12:13:03 AM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I really appreciate your donation!!! And there was another donation earlier but im not sure who it was! Please send me an private message so i can thank you as well!

Thanks guys and gals! for your support!

My job as a nurse has given me so much and this weekend is the least i can do to give back!

DID I MISS SOMETHING. HOW CAN I DONATE?

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #17: May 05, 2007, 12:08:57 AM »
OK im off to the AVON breast cancer in the AM

Im going to be at the wellness village at sligo middle school in silver springs md.

come out and cheer all the walkers on! thankfully i will be in the medical village.

its going to be a fun weekend! no baseball for me. so you all behave this weekend.

NO fighting while im gone. there are much better things we all can do than fight over baseball!

off to bed! and hopefully one more step closer to getting rid of breast cancer for good!

thank you all for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!

erica !

nospinzone1

« Reply #18: May 05, 2007, 01:02:58 AM »

Im going to be at the wellness village at sligo middle school in silver springs md.

come out and cheer all the walkers on! thankfully i will be in the medical village.

its going to be a fun weekend! no baseball for me. so you all behave this weekend.

NO fighting while im gone. there are much better things we all can do than fight over baseball!

off to bed! and hopefully one more step closer to getting rid of breast cancer for good!

erica !

Have a fun day doing it for others.
Erica, you committed a cardinal sin: SILVER SPRING,,,,,NO SSSSS
(could not resist) no harm, no foul.

nospinzone1

« Reply #19: May 05, 2007, 01:15:01 AM »

erica !

Erica, cant rmember whetehr I donated t the time I asked you. How can I find out if I did. If I can't it does not matter. I will donate again if I cant find out. Good luck.

by the way, I tried again to send you a pm but the system rejected it.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #20: May 06, 2007, 10:49:29 PM »
Ok Im home, It was FREAKING AWESOME!

I got like NO sleep! 36hrs and then some! I was in the medical tent helping out the the 3000 plus walkers. They had blisters, sprains to strains, to IV hydration. No one died, only 2-3 went to the hospital. But one came back after they were done! There was 4 of us, my self, another nurse, an EMT, and ER doc who we stayed in the Medical tent 24/7. So that ment no sleep for me! But it was so worth it!

lots of tears and cheering that went on today!

anyways, im tired and stuff.. but i will put up some pictures here soon!

It was an amazing weekend!

Good night,

erica!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #21: May 06, 2007, 10:57:43 PM »
Ok Im home, It was FREAKING AWESOME!

I got like NO sleep! 36hrs and then some! I was in the medical tent helping out the the 3000 plus walkers. They had blisters, sprains to strains, to IV hydration. No one died, only 2-3 went to the hospital. But one came back after they were done! There was 4 of us, my self, another nurse, an EMT, and ER doc who we stayed in the Medical tent 24/7. So that ment no sleep for me! But it was so worth it!

lots of tears and cheering that went on today!

anyways, im tired and stuff.. but i will put up some pictures here soon!

It was an amazing weekend!

Good night,

erica!

Glad everything went well Erica...and definately for a good cause.  My mom is a BC survivor.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #22: May 06, 2007, 11:31:51 PM »
AWESOME!! tell your mom she ROCKS!

Im still off the high from this weekends events!

Mainly Im just so tired, its almost like ive been  :glug: im so tired

nospinzone1

« Reply #23: May 07, 2007, 12:33:50 AM »
MAZUL TOV, MAZUL TOV....ERICA ROCKS....
DONT REMEMBER IF I MENTIONED IT, BUT MY WIFE HAD A NONINVASIVE CANCEROUS LUMP A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND AFTER CHEMO AND RAD....SHE IS FINE....EXCEPT FOR HER NAGGING.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #24: May 07, 2007, 09:10:15 AM »
My mom is a BC survivor.

Ditto for me.