Author Topic: The Concert Thread  (Read 12147 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
The Concert Thread
« Topic Start: November 23, 2009, 03:15:37 PM »
I thought I'd split this one off as well.

I'm really looking forward to Between the Buried and Me, Cynic, Devin Townsend, and Scale the Summit in February in Baltimore.

Matisyahu is playing tomorrow in Baltimore and next Wednesday at 6th and I downtown.

The Jesus Lizard show was really, really excellent. David Yow was drunk and insane, about as I expected, and sang half the songs while crowdsurfing. The crowd was a bit nerd-hipster for my taste; too many tweed jackets.

Offline PANatsFan

Re: The Concert Thread
« Reply #1: November 25, 2009, 10:21:33 AM »
Psyched for Matisyahu tonight. I really respect him for doing exactly what he wants with his life, writing the music he wants to write, and not compromising his religious practices or ideals at all.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #2: December 06, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »
Muse with Silversun Pickups at GMU Patriot Center in Fairfax Virginia on March 1, 2010.

Tickets to go on sale December 11 at 10am

omg :az: :az: :az:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #3: December 06, 2009, 11:20:29 PM »
Why do you have to like things that I like.

I feel like I am Michael Scott and you are Toby.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #4: December 06, 2009, 11:25:47 PM »
:lol:

I freaking love Muse. So sick.

Silversun Pickups are okay but I got so sick of hearing "Panic Switch". "Substitution" is a better song anyways.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #5: December 06, 2009, 11:26:30 PM »
I will have class 7-10 on the night of the concert but I hope that there is no test or something that night. won't know until late January.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #6: December 09, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
Weezer canceled their concert tonight at the Patriot Center and their upcoming tour dates because their bus crashed a few days ago. Cuomo was on board.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #7: December 20, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »
The original lineup of Scream is playing at the Black Cat tonight...seeing as Dave Grohl was a later member of the band and is part owner of the 'Cat, I'd say the odds are good that he and Pat Smear will be on hand as well, for those who like a little grunge with their punk. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #8: December 20, 2009, 02:22:19 PM »
The Roots are at the 930 club 12/29 and 12/30.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #9: December 20, 2009, 02:31:39 PM »
The Roots are at the 930 club 12/29 and 12/30.

Saw them years ago there - great, great show.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #10: December 21, 2009, 01:52:37 PM »
Who are these guys?  :?

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #11: December 22, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »
 I like comedy concerts, so I'm looking forward to attending the Jeff Dunham, who is a puppeteer, "Identity Crisis Tour 2010" at the Verizon Center on January 21. I mean he has all these different characters that are puppets, and they are hilarious. I mean you will laugh until you choke.
  I am also looking forward the the Lewis Black Concert, coming February 19, to the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore, MD. Lewis Black was raised in Silver Springs, has political insight, has had comedy specials on HBO, and had shows on Comedy Central, and he is hilarious. I mean, laugh in your seat till you are falling on the floor, funny.
  I would recommend those two comedy concerts to all.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #12: December 22, 2009, 11:36:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've heard Lewis Black on XM's uncensored comedy channel, 150.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #13: December 22, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood coming to Balmer 1/16. This is their farewell tour, and if you haven't seen them, don't miss it.

Last time I saw them, they did an opera in alphabetical order while blindfolded and walking barefoot through mousetraps. Then Brad took his blindfold off and basically just threw mousetraps at Colin's groin. Classic.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #14: December 22, 2009, 12:00:43 PM »
Saw them years ago there - great, great show.

Okayplayer tour on Jan 1 by chance?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #15: December 22, 2009, 12:06:32 PM »

Nope it was in PA.

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #16: December 22, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »
Yea, Lewis Black, tends to use the '"f" word alot in his routines, so I would not be surprised if he was on an uncensored comedy channel.
    In fact he had an HBO special, around two year ago, that was suppose to be from the Kennedy Center, but the Kennedy Center, at the last minute, upon review of his routine, said he used the word "f" in his routine 81 times and they could not let him appear. So he ended up at the Warner Theatre performing his act and his HBO special. Lewis Black's quip to the audience about the Kennedy Center not letting him perform was - I don't know what they are so upset about, since the person the center is named after, "f' everybody in sight........too funny.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline blue911

« Reply #17: December 22, 2009, 01:03:51 PM »
Salty does a mean Lewis Black impersonation.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #18: December 22, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »

Lewis Black is a "trip".    I keep hoping he comes back again to the area for a show.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #19: December 22, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »
Dunham is a trip too.  I've seen him on Comedy Central!  I like his pal "Walter" the best!  Next is the skeleton guy, he's a suicide terrorist.  Not really but he's hilarious!

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #20: December 22, 2009, 01:46:33 PM »
Dunham is a trip too.  I've seen him on Comedy Central!  I like his pal "Walter" the best!  Next is the skeleton guy, he's a suicide terrorist.  Not really but he's hilarious!
Yea, the terrorist ,where he keeps blowing himself up, and the purple alien. The purple alien is my favorite, cause he says such outrageous things. I mean laugh on the floor funny.... :icon_mrgreen:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #21: December 22, 2009, 01:48:28 PM »

I've seen him on Comedy Central too.    Yep, he's a mess  :D

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #22: December 22, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
I KEEL YOU!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #23: January 26, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »

I just realized my response to this post months ago was idiotic. No, I didn't see them on 1/1.

Anyway, Between the Buried and Me, Cynic, Devin Townsend, and Scale the Summit on 2/1 at Sonar in Baltimore. Holy crap. I mean really, holy crap. The smoke coming off those guitars could turn some pretty large turbines and power a small city.

Prog, jazz, noodly heavy instrumental jam heaven.

From his new album, Addicted!, almost a pop song:
http://lala.com/z9Bf

That wall of sound production sounds so sweet.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #24: January 27, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »
any DMB fans?

Dave Matthews Band announced Tuesday they will perform at Nationals Park on July 23. The Zac Brown Band also will be on the bill.

The show will be held rain or shine and will be promoted by Live Nation.

This will be the ballpark's second show, following Elton John and Billy Joel's sold-out show in July 2009.

"We pride ourselves on playing at some of the most unique venues in the world," Matthews said. "Nationals Park is the newest and most exciting outdoor venue in the D.C. market, and we are very excited to be the second show to play there."

"We are very excited to have the biggest concert of 2010 as our second summer concert in Nationals Park," Nationals president Stan Kasten said in a statement. "Elton John and Billy Joel gave the D.C. community an unforgettable performance in July 2009 and the Nationals are thrilled to host the 'hometown' Dave Matthews Band in the summer of 2010."

The Dave Matthews Band has sold more than 15 million tickets for its concerts, and has been named the top-drawing American band in the world by Billboard. Pollstar named the group its "Top Act of the Decade" and Spinner dubbed them one of the "Top Artists of the 2000s."

Dave Matthews Band has been nominated for Album of the Year and Best Rock Album at this month's 52nd Annual Grammy Awards.

Formed in Charlottesville, Va., in 1991, the Dave Matthews Band has sold a collective 35 million units (CD and DVD combined). Dave Matthews Band is Carter Beauford (drums), Stefan Lessard (bass), Dave Matthews (vocals, guitar) and Boyd Tinsley (violin). Saxophonist LeRoi Moore, the fifth original founding member, passed away during the band's summer 2008 tour.

they're okay but not one of my favorites