Author Topic: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 3  (Read 10733 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 3
« Reply #175: June 01, 2008, 07:41:48 PM »
Why would anybody worry about the pitching. When you score ZERO runs a game you can have one guy as your staff. He can throw lob balls like they do in the church leagues. I would try to get help in upgrading on the ZERO runs a game.

Agreed. The rotation is the least of our problems right now.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #176: June 01, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »
ain't that the ever-lovin' truth!

Offline blue911

« Reply #177: June 01, 2008, 07:48:44 PM »
You look at the D'Backs and they have all of these young guys who go out and just swing for the fences. It seems the grip-it & rip-it approach is working for them. Maybe we should just say screw it to all of the opposite field crap and let these young guys play home run derby.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #178: June 01, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »
You look at the D'Backs and they have all of these young guys who go out and just swing for the fences. It seems the grip-it & rip-it approach is working for them. Maybe we should just say screw it to all of the opposite field crap and let these young guys play home run derby.

That's the Marlins' (shouldn't it be "the Marlin"? :lol:) approach, too.

Offline blue911

« Reply #179: June 01, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
The young guys just look lost at the plate. I know Dukes is patient but he looks like a man facing jail time if he hits the ball. The only guy that seems to get his hacks is Flores.

Offline natsdad

« Reply #180: June 01, 2008, 08:29:27 PM »
only 8 pages for a Sunday afternoon game.
this says a lot about this group's interest level

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #181: June 01, 2008, 08:34:08 PM »

I expect message boards to be less active during nice weekends, but this one was thrown off because other threads were started while the game was still going on.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #182: June 01, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »
I expect message boards to be less active during nice weekends, but this one was thrown off because other threads were started while the game was still going on.
"Nice weekend"? It's 100 down here! :D

Offline blue911

« Reply #183: June 01, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »
"Nice weekend"? It's 100 down here! :D

You're a Texan! Man up go out and bust some steers or whatever it is you crap-kickers do on weekends.

« Reply #184: June 01, 2008, 08:46:24 PM »
It's the damn West Coast games, crazy starting times, even for the afternoon games.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #185: June 01, 2008, 09:35:45 PM »
At least someone is embarrassed:
"I'm embarrassed -- I know [Haren and Webb] are a good pitchers, but still," second baseman Felipe Lopez said after Sunday's 5-0 loss to the Diamondbacks.

Meanwhile, Manny and Lenny spew the same garbage:
"We are throwing big league hitters out there, especially young guys that we were counting on them because of their potential," Acta said. "It just hasn't happened. We'll keep throwing them out there. We'll keep working hard and being patient. That's how you build. You throw them out here and you see who is going to be part of the future here and who's not."

Hitting coach Lenny Harris is working hard with the players. Before hitting practice on the field, Harris is spotted daily in the cage with the hitters or looking at video with the players. But the hitters are not getting it done when it counts.

"We have to continue to stay positive and keep working as hard as we can," Harris said. "The morale is not getting down. It's like one guy is waiting for the next guy to do it. The guys have to keep working hard and keep believing in themselves. It's amazing how hard they work. They get here early and they are working and working everyday. Still, you have to go out there and produce. The results are not there, but they are working hard."

Harris reminded the media that the players on the roster are young and they have a lot to learn.

"They are going to make mistakes and they are getting an opportunity to learn in the big leagues," he said.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #186: June 01, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »
^ So now Harris does use video, huh?

Offline kimnat

« Reply #187: June 01, 2008, 10:24:01 PM »
Yeah and the players are working hard.  SO what gives?  Maybe WRONG INSTRUCTION???

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #188: June 01, 2008, 10:28:32 PM »
Anyone can stand next to the cage or look at goddamn video. It's the analysis and  teaching that Harris misses. It's the fact that, during a game, he's shown sitting down, joking, eating sunflower seeds, when he should taking notes and working to improve this team's offense. Harris probably has no teaching ability and knows he doesn't have to worry about getting fired because management doesn't care about this year.

And good to see the "They're young, they're learning, they'll make mistakes" excuse is alive and well, yet again.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #189: June 02, 2008, 12:18:08 AM »

LOL Personally I was too hungover to participate in the game thread but I watched the game and it only made the hangover worse :?

It's amazing how hard they work. They get here early and they are working and working everyday. Still, you have to go out there and produce. The results are not there, but they are working hard."

So if they're working extremely hard and have nothing to show for it then this probably means they lack the talent necessary to succeed at this level.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #190: June 02, 2008, 02:55:23 AM »
Hard to be terribly interested when the players, managers, and front office by and large don't seem to be.  Frankly, I had better things to do today than watch the Nats roll over for Dan Haren.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #191: June 02, 2008, 11:26:35 AM »
Is the pain over yet?

(Oh wait no, its 10 more years. My bad)
  :rofl:
To quote a friend, "No amount of alcohol would have improved this game."

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #192: June 02, 2008, 11:37:07 AM »

:lol:

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #193: June 02, 2008, 12:09:06 PM »

Well, if you poured it on Harris and lit a match....

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #194: June 02, 2008, 02:57:22 PM »
Well, if you poured it on Harris and lit a match....

:thumbs:

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #195: June 02, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »
Heard this morning we lost 5-0...I am not surprised, we have no coaches that no anything 'bout hitting and we also have a bunch of un-talented bastards.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #196: June 02, 2008, 05:06:26 PM »
^Add those up and you have a team of untalented bastards and coaches.