Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171584 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #425: July 21, 2012, 02:17:38 PM »
Does anyone know when the gates open for tonight's game (2nd half of doubleheader) ?

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #426: July 21, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »
Does anyone know when the gates open for tonight's game (2nd half of doubleheader) ?

I think that I read that gates open at 5:30.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #427: July 22, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
Hey CS Manager, if you're still interested in our opinions, have you guys noticed that there are more women wearing the kids giveaway jerseys and shirts than there are actual kids? Youth XL comes down below my six year old knees. How about some Youth Small, Medium, and Large for actual kids?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #428: July 22, 2012, 05:38:09 PM »
HEYMLB Why do you make Women's sizes the same as kids sizes!  A women's L = a men's medium.

Offline RL04

« Reply #429: July 26, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »
Hey CS Manager, Youth XL comes down below my six year old knees. How about some Youth Small, Medium, and Large for actual kids?

PB, as mentioned in another thread, I saw two very small girls in the row just in front of us on Sunday (five, six years old?) wearing free shirts that fit them perfectly.   They do exist.   I don't know how many different sizes are available or how they're distributed.  Perhaps that should be the question.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #430: July 26, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »

PB, as mentioned in another thread, I saw two very small girls in the row just in front of us on Sunday (five, six years old?) wearing free shirts that fit them perfectly.   They do exist.   I don't know how many different sizes are available or how they're distributed.  Perhaps that should be the question.

Could be that they were all handed out very early, we got there about a half hour before first pitch. The kids I saw with the shirts on looked ridiculous.

Wish we had a CS Manager around to clear this up.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #431: July 27, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »
Could be that they were all handed out very early, we got there about a half hour before first pitch. The kids I saw with the shirts on looked ridiculous.

Wish we had a CS Manager around to clear this up.

We never really did.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #432: July 27, 2012, 01:08:33 PM »
We never really did.

One thing I hope every single person on here can admit. Kasten rocked the house when it came to crap like this. And i don't mean some 7 bucks an hour PR guy. You emailed him issues or questions, you got a reply. Now can't even freaking get anyone to answer this stuff. Its honestly insulting they don't have one person as a community manager. It was even a bigger spit in our face to parade this guy for a couple weeks, then poof.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #433: July 27, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »
One thing I hope every single person on here can admit. Kasten rocked the house when it came to crap like this. And i don't mean some 7 bucks an hour PR guy. You emailed him issues or questions, you got a reply. Now can't even freaking get anyone to answer this stuff. Its honestly insulting they don't have one person as a community manager. It was even a bigger spit in our face to parade this guy for a couple weeks, then poof.

Absolutely agree with this.  Whether or not you liked Kasten, at least he cared enough to talk to fans and put on events like the real FanFest.  Since he left, we got one year of a crappy FanFest thrown together on a weekday afternoon and one year of no FanFest at all.  Kasten actually wandered the stands and interacted with people, something that's sorely missing now.

Offline e44green

« Reply #434: August 01, 2012, 11:12:08 AM »
Absolutely agree with this.  Whether or not you liked Kasten, at least he cared enough to talk to fans and put on events like the real FanFest.  Since he left, we got one year of a crappy FanFest thrown together on a weekday afternoon and one year of no FanFest at all.  Kasten actually wandered the stands and interacted with people, something that's sorely missing now.

You guys should read the Caps boards. They treated their STH's like gods prior to 2007. Free swag, player equipment sales, incredible access to the coaches and players, autographs, Fan Conventions, you name it. It has gotten worse every year since '07 to the point where I am envious of the benefits given to Nats STH's.

It is simply the price of success, no point complaining about it. If you guys want a return to the Kasten days in regards to STH treatment then you should really be rooting for a last place finish every year. The more on field success a franchise has, the less they have to do to attract STH's. If the Nats' success continues, you will see the promotions and STH benefits continue to dwindle.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #435: August 05, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »
You guys should read the Caps boards. They treated their STH's like gods prior to 2007. Free swag, player equipment sales, incredible access to the coaches and players, autographs, Fan Conventions, you name it. It has gotten worse every year since '07 to the point where I am envious of the benefits given to Nats STH's.

It is simply the price of success, no point complaining about it. If you guys want a return to the Kasten days in regards to STH treatment then you should really be rooting for a last place finish every year. The more on field success a franchise has, the less they have to do to attract STH's. If the Nats' success continues, you will see the promotions and STH benefits continue to dwindle.

What a pessimistic view. Successful companies never take their customers for granted. See Zapos, FedEx, etc.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #436: August 05, 2012, 10:56:23 AM »
That Caps duffel bag STHs got a few years ago was pretty sweet. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #437: August 05, 2012, 11:12:47 AM »
What a pessimistic view. Successful companies never take their customers for granted. See Zapos, FedEx, etc.

...the Redskins (a financial success, if not a football one)...they even stopped giving out fridge-magnet schedules in 2005.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #438: August 06, 2012, 09:04:01 AM »

It may be pessimistic, but I expect it to be the reality. Customer service won't attract STH nearly as quickly as a winning team does, and face it, these guys have been inconsistant at best, with regards to 'customer service' - this thread being an enduring example.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #439: August 06, 2012, 06:40:13 PM »

Kasten that total wuss never answered my email about the Phillies opening day debacle. He might answer stupid questions about warm soda or something, but what a wuss.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #440: August 06, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »
O.k. . .   So I am on Stub Hub tonight researching tickets for when I make my pilgrimage to DC in September and I am noticing that seats are really inexpensive in section 222.  Can anyone tell me why that is?  Must be obstructed views, right?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #441: August 06, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
O.k. . .   So I am on Stub Hub tonight researching tickets for when I make my pilgrimage to DC in September and I am noticing that seats are really inexpensive in section 222.  Can anyone tell me why that is?  Must be obstructed views, right?

Personally, I like 222.  The seats are a great value for only $10 face.  In fact, that's where my tickets are.  There are always a lot of seats there on StubHub, so I don't know if brokers buy a lot of those seats or what the deal is.  Nothing wrong with them, except I can't see into the furthest part of the RF corner.  Not a huge deal for me.  Great view of the rest of the field and the scoreboard (which is why I hate the Scoreboard Pavilion seats - no view of the main board and their auxiliary boards contain little to no useful information).

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #442: August 07, 2012, 12:03:39 AM »
Personally, I like 222.  The seats are a great value for only $10 face.  In fact, that's where my tickets are.  There are always a lot of seats there on StubHub, so I don't know if brokers buy a lot of those seats or what the deal is.  Nothing wrong with them, except I can't see into the furthest part of the RF corner.  Not a huge deal for me.  Great view of the rest of the field and the scoreboard (which is why I hate the Scoreboard Pavilion seats - no view of the main board and their auxiliary boards contain little to no useful information).

That's actually a really huge help because seeing the scoreboard is a need for me (especially for the games I'll be bringing my kids to).  Do you recommend higher or lower seat numbers and higher or lower rows for best angle to view the scoreboard?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #443: August 07, 2012, 12:41:02 AM »
That's actually a really huge help because seeing the scoreboard is a need for me (especially for the games I'll be bringing my kids to).  Do you recommend higher or lower seat numbers and higher or lower rows for best angle to view the scoreboard?

I don't think there's a huge difference, but obviously the lower rows are that much closer to the field.  My seats are in M, which is about halfway up.  As for seat numbers, the higher numbers are closer to home plate.  Again, I don't think that matters so much.  In sections further down towards the foul pole, as the sections angle more towards the field, you might want higher numbered seats to get a better view of the scoreboard.  Not a big concern in 222.  There's a good 3-D map at http://mlb.mlb.com/was/ticketing/seats_3d.jsp.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #444: August 07, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »

Personally, I hate the front row (row A). There is a glass railing right in front of you and it obstructs your view, and especially your kid's view. B or higher is better and provides a good view!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #445: August 07, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »
I am not convinced the $5 difference is worth it in 22X unless you are in the first few rows. My biggest grip is people and groups get up and down a lot compared with other places I sit. It can also get suprisingly warm which may not work for everyone atlhough it tends to get a good breeze on ocassion.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #446: August 07, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »
I am not convinced the $5 difference is worth it in 22X unless you are in the first few rows. My biggest grip is people and groups get up and down a lot compared with other places I sit. It can also get suprisingly warm which may not work for everyone atlhough it tends to get a good breeze on ocassion.

This man speaks the truth! :mg:

But yes- remember that the sun will set over the left/3rd base side of the field. So if you are sitting on the 3rd base side you will get shade, 1st base side and back of the field (below the scoreboard, etc) get some awful sun, especially during day games. This doesn't matter so much during evening games when the sun has gone behind the seats but day games on the right side of the filed are killer in my opinion.

However 22X might be shaded by the overhang/roof thing but I don't know, I don't buy seats over there very often.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #447: August 07, 2012, 10:51:30 AM »

They are selling a product- the fringe benefits are part of marketing, as the marketing becomes less necessary, the team's going to stop funding the benefits

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #448: August 07, 2012, 10:53:42 AM »
However 22X might be shaded by the overhand/roof thing but I don't know, I don't buy seats over there very often.

I think the shade usually starts around row O in section 224 and generally much further up in 222. If you are willing to go to the top of the section it usually isn't a problem and can mitigate the group that cannot sit still a bit. 

I roate through 224, 313, and 100. Each has the own merits but 22X is great for resale or a large group looking for a bargin.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #449: August 07, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »
This man speaks the truth! :mg:

But yes- remember that the sun will set over the left/3rd base side of the field. So if you are sitting on the 3rd base side you will get shade, 1st base side and back of the field (below the scoreboard, etc) get some awful sun, especially during day games. This doesn't matter so much during evening games when the sun has gone behind the seats but day games on the right side of the filed are killer in my opinion.

However 22X might be shaded by the overhang/roof thing but I don't know, I don't buy seats over there very often.

This is excellent information.  My kids are 7 and 9 and both wilt like flowers in the heat and direct sunlight.  Perhaps the 3rd base side is better - especially for the day game.