Author Topic: Your card is your ticket to the game  (Read 23467 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: Your card is your ticket to the game
« Topic Start: August 17, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
Before I made the commitment for next year, I called the season ticket office. They confirmed that next year the Nationals ARE going to paperless tickets for season tickets (not just the reward tickets, but the entire season).

They also couldn't give me details on things like transferability. Some NBA teams use paperless tickets to have a monopoly on resale for games you can't use, including high fees, a price floor (so you don't udnercut the box office), and/or a price ceiling.

I really hate this idea and would file the traditional tickets under "not broken". At the very least they really should give the season ticket holders full details on this before pushing the 1 and 3 year commitments.

There have been a few discussions in various threads about this, and I agree.  I don't really see the need to do this, and it just doesn't make sense to me.  I'm anxious to see what happens, but I bet there are major issues.  For starters, how are ushers going to check tickets when you go into a section if there is no ticket to check?  Another one:  if I need to leave a ticket for someone who's running late to the game, it's easy enough to do now, as I just stick the paper ticket in an envelope and leave it at will call.  How will that work without a physical ticket?

Dumb idea.