Author Topic: All About Ross D (Merges Dess Rotweiler, Cy Young, Appreciation)  (Read 5201 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Now you are opening a whole other can of worms.  I would say a guy with a career ERA of 3.99 is better than a #5 starter.  Just saying.
Lannan is a favorite :whip: ing boy on this board. For this team he's a #5 start but for most he's a #3/4.

Salary will probably prevent it but I hope he makes it back next year as our #5. I'd say he'd be a good long guy out of the bullpen but I am mindfacting when I say I don't think he'd make the transformation as well as Gorzelanny has.

Offline PC

Detwiler only yielded three hits and a walk during his 42 / 3 innings, but he lacked the sharpness from his past two starts, when he allowed two earned runs in 14 total innings. When he arrived at Chase Field, Johnson knew it would be a difficult day. Detwiler had trouble keeping food down, and rubbed the bridge of his nose to try to alleviate sinus pain.

Throughout his start, Detwiler took deep breaths on the mound. After the fourth inning, Johnson said, he could hardly stand in the dugout. He still went out for the fifth.

“He was really under the weather before he even started the game,” Johnson said. “You could tell by his mannerisms he didn’t feel right. He was all messed up. He gutted it out, though, for us.”

Detwiler refused to blame his performance on his health. He declined to provide details about his condition, to avoid making it an excuse.

“I just didn’t execute my pitches today,” Detwiler said. “The pitches were all up. They were able to get the barrel on it and not leave anything on the ground. If I’m feeling bad and I still get my pitches down, then I get outs. I don’t think that’s the excuse why I did bad at all.”

Offline PC

Why are so many players on this team getting sick?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Lannan is a favorite :whip: ing boy on this board. For this team he's a #5 start but for most he's a #3/4.

Salary will probably prevent it but I hope he makes it back next year as our #5. I'd say he'd be a good long guy out of the bullpen but I am mindfacting when I say I don't think he'd make the transformation as well as Gorzelanny has.

On the Nats I;m pretty sure he's the 6th starter

Offline blue911

Too much spit swapping in the shower room

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

If he's that sick why not start Gorzellany and tell him to take one for the team and try Detwiler out again tomorrow?

Offline Bloo

Raise the Det Celing! Raise the Det Celiing! Raise the Det Cei-ling!

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

medical staff

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Close proximity for 24/7

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun

Probably Jim Bowden.

Offline aspenbubba

They don't.The only reason is that we do not follow any other team as closely as the Nats. It is just a mindfact.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Raise the Det Celing! Raise the Det Celiing! Raise the Det Cei-ling!

John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi today announced an agreement, their first in 5 years, to increase the Det ceiling from Matt Thornton :az: clone or spot starter to #2 starter for most clubs.  Boehner said, "It's a stretch, but we are talking a ceiling, and a lefty who throws that hard and keeps the ball down can be quite effective in the majors."  No immediate word if Eric Cantor is willing to live with such a large increase.  Sources quote Cantor as says he may only be able to deliver votes for a smaller Det ceiling increase to #3 or even a #4 if there is not a corresponding offset in the ceiling of Yunesky Maya.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude

:funny:  :clap:

"Sources inside Pelosi's office said the minority leader had initially pushed for an even bigger raising of the Det ceiling to "fringy ace," but backed down in the face of opposition.  Those same sources, however, left open the possibility for a further increase in the ceiling, pending an October referendum.  Offsets could include a lowering of the Rosenceiling from "possible future back-of-the-rotation guy," to "trade bait."

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Will re-ask the question from earlier.

If Detwiler is sick, why not start Gorzelanny, tell him to pitch 6 innings (regardless performance), and then push everyone back in rotation one day? Or if Detwiler is still sick next day just skip over him and keep on going as normal?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Will re-ask the question from earlier.

If Detwiler is sick, why not start Gorzelanny, tell him to pitch 6 innings (regardless performance), and then push everyone back in rotation one day? Or if Detwiler is still sick next day just skip over him and keep on going as normal?

Didn't big sexy pitch a few innings before that? He may have simply not been available for long relief. Dumping a start right before you take the mound is misery on the pen. Maybe Det didn't tell anyone what was going on until later?

Dunno

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Last two starts have been huge for this guy. Stopped the bleeding and then pitched 7 innings of shutout ball.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
I love Det. Defintely does not deserve the #5 label. Cannot wait to see him mature more as a pitcher,  lots of talent on that mound. I hope we keep him for a long time. :w: just the changes he made over the past season are wonderful, he is much more confident!

Offline ronnynat

Better pitcher than Lannan will ever be.

I do like Lannan, though.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Pitched great today. Maybe Detwiler is getting stronger or staying in-focus longer. Don;t know, but it's good.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Better pitcher than Lannan will ever be.

I do like Lannan, though.

It's kind of hard for Lannan to compete with Det when he's in 'cuse.  Throwing consecutive complete game shutouts gets no respect.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
What does Easy Gas mean?  :-[

it means he can throw hard relatively effortlessly