Author Topic: National Broadcast Schedule  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: National Broadcast Schedule
« Reply #50: September 14, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »
Super.  I get the Spankees and Rays.   :?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #51: September 14, 2012, 11:15:15 AM »
Me too.  Guess it'll be all football for me on Saturday...  :(

Offline PC

« Reply #52: September 14, 2012, 11:25:25 AM »
Why does Philadelphia get the Yankees?  Why does Miami?

Again, for those who are of the mind, I recommend http://easy-hide-ip.com if you have mlb.tv. You can pick a foreign IP address (I use London, UK most of the time) and then you can watch whichever FOX game you want.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #53: September 14, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »
Why does Philadelphia get the Yankees?  Why does Miami?

Because the Yankees sell. 

Offline blue911

« Reply #54: September 14, 2012, 11:42:15 AM »
Because the Yankees sell. 

I talked to a Yankees fan the other day, and they are just as tired to the Networks constantly showing the Yankees and/or Red Sox as the rest of us. Their take was "I get the Yankees already, show me somebody new"

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #55: September 14, 2012, 01:25:44 PM »
Well, the 3 counties in the Southeast of Fla have many NY transplants, and much of the rest of FLA is nominally a TB market.  What I don't get is the Philly market.  I'll be north this weekend, too, so will get to see the Rays, or just follow the Nats on Gameday.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #56: September 14, 2012, 01:55:58 PM »
We get Daron Sutton, Arizona Diamondbacks broadcaster and son of Don Sutton, Atlanta Braves radio broadcaster :hang:

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #57: September 14, 2012, 01:57:11 PM »
Thanks PC for the map- It'll be interesting to watch Saturday and Sunday's games on Fox and ESPN, however if they spend the whole time rambling about Strasburg's shut down I'll mute it.

Offline PC

« Reply #58: September 14, 2012, 01:59:21 PM »
We get Daron Sutton, Arizona Diamondbacks broadcaster and son of Don Sutton, Atlanta Braves radio broadcaster :hang:

Sutton's no longer with the Diamondbacks.  He was suspended a couple of months ago.  It's odd that they'd use him, though...I guess it is because of Don and the game is in Atlanta.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #59: September 14, 2012, 04:02:21 PM »

They use local broadcasters for the secondary games, don't they?  Didn't Carpenter do one of our FOX games early in the season?

Offline PC

« Reply #60: September 14, 2012, 06:54:20 PM »
They use local broadcasters for the secondary games, don't they?  Didn't Carpenter do one of our FOX games early in the season?

Yes.  Daron Sutton is a very odd choice.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #61: September 14, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
I wonder if we'll get ESPN Sunday Night Baseball on the 30th when we're in St. Louis.  The only other two games I can see being moved are the Rays-White Sox or Angels-Rangers.  If that happens, then Bob Carpenter can root from the stands as a Cardinals fan :lol:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #62: September 15, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »
I wonder if we'll get ESPN Sunday Night Baseball on the 30th when we're in St. Louis.  The only other two games I can see being moved are the Rays-White Sox or Angels-Rangers.  If that happens, then Bob Carpenter can root from the stands as a Cardinals fan :lol:

...or Red Six-Orioles for one last look by ESPN at their beloved Fenway (although they do love them some Cardinals too).