Author Topic: My Vacation!  (Read 1120 times)

Offline dcola13

My Vacation!
« Topic Start: August 06, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »
I had the best trip of my  life going to the game. Thank You! I got autographs from Harper and Strasburg and many other great players.
One question is what was Jayson Werth's walkup where veryone yells hey!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: My Vacation!
« Reply #1: August 06, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »
I had the best trip of my  life going to the game. Thank You! I got autographs from Harper and Strasburg and many other great players.

Hey dcola, don't leave us hanging!  Your assignment is to write an essay on what you did on your trip to Nationals Park.  I'm thinking 4-5 paragraphs would be about right.  Just don't do run-on sentences like Coladar.

Make sure to paint a picture with your words so any reader might visualize the scenes, and you can earn extra credit for posting any interesting pictures you took.

Just take an hour or two out of your video game schedule tomorrow and I think you can turn in a solid product.

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #2: August 06, 2012, 09:28:46 PM »
Need details on how you got Harper's auto. I'm headed to the game in two weekends and want to give it a shot for my son.

Offline Clever

« Reply #3: August 06, 2012, 09:30:01 PM »
Awwww, but school hasn't even started yet!

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4: August 06, 2012, 09:31:56 PM »

I think you mean where everyone goes "Whoo". But that's "Warehouse" by Dave Matthews Band.

Glad you enjoyed the trip to Nats Park! GO nats!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #5: August 06, 2012, 09:32:52 PM »
Awwww, but school hasn't even started yet!

It's a summer assignment.  Got to keep those brains sharp.

He'll probably have to write one when he gets back to school so this way he has a solid draft all ready to go.

Offline dcola13

« Reply #6: August 06, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »
Need details on how you got Harper's auto. I'm headed to the game in two weekends and want to give it a shot for my son.

You need to go to the players parking lot. Im from Texas which was cool because I told him I was I also had a sign and it said Bryce will you please sign my ball! and he did. He also personalized saying To: Daniel

Offline dcola13

« Reply #7: August 06, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »
I think you mean where everyone goes "Whoo". But that's "Warehouse" by Dave Matthews Band.

Glad you enjoyed the trip to Nats Park! GO nats!
Do you know exactly what part in the song?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #8: August 06, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9: August 07, 2012, 12:31:36 AM »
Do you know exactly what part in the song?

They very beginning.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #10: August 07, 2012, 10:42:46 AM »
You need to go to the players parking lot. Im from Texas which was cool because I told him I was I also had a sign and it said Bryce will you please sign my ball! and he did. He also personalized saying To: Daniel
This is probably just me but I would feel really creepy waiting in the player's parking lot! But congrats on the autographs and your great trip to the park.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #11: August 07, 2012, 12:47:32 PM »

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #12: August 07, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »
This is probably just me but I would feel really creepy waiting in the player's parking lot! But congrats on the autographs and your great trip to the park.

There was couple kids there after the game on Saturday and my roommate's kid wanted to go so we did. All the players were great. Adam LaRoache was really awesome though. He must have stopped and chatted with everyone for around 10 minutes or so and took time to sign for everyone.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #13: August 07, 2012, 03:27:28 PM »
There was couple kids there after the game on Saturday and my roommate's kid wanted to go so we did. All the players were great. Adam LaRoache was really awesome though. He must have stopped and chatted with everyone for around 10 minutes or so and took time to sign for everyone.
That's great! Unfortunately I am not a kid and I do not have any kids at this time so I couldn't pull something like that off.

Offline blue911

« Reply #14: August 07, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »
That's great! Unfortunately I am not a kid and I do not have any kids at this time so I couldn't pull something like that off.

Most orphanages will rent you a child for such purposes