Author Topic: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 3  (Read 30186 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 3
« Reply #700: August 10, 2008, 06:31:05 PM »
one last thing...

Mike Rivera = best catcher in baseball.  :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Hanrahan is HORRIBLE. Colome >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hanrahan.

Retarded AZ post #5387

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #701: August 10, 2008, 06:32:29 PM »
Retarded AZ post #5387

Harahan gave up a bases clearing double to Mike ****ing Rivera. Colome got out of a jam and is hitting corners now that he toned down his speed.

called Chico a bum...i was right.
called Big Ears a bum...i was right.
called Hanrahan a bum...i am being proved right.

MrMadison

« Reply #702: August 10, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »
We should have won this game in 9. What a joke that we had to play 4 extra innings. 3 run lead with 4 outs to go and Rivera/Manny/Hanrahan choked. LMAO at whoever said earlier that our bullpen is better than Milwaukee's. Our pen is the bottom of the barrel.

yeah, freak that Manny. walking all those batters. wtf is wrong with Manny? he needs to throw strikes.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #703: August 10, 2008, 06:33:53 PM »
Harahan gave up a bases clearing double to Mike ****ing Rivera. Colome got out of a jam and is hitting corners now that he toned down his speed.

called Chico a bum...i was right.
called Big Ears a bum...i was right.
called Hanrahan a bum...i am being proved right.

And Dukes will end up w/ 20+ homers, right? Yes, you're always right.

MrMadison

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #705: August 10, 2008, 06:35:07 PM »

yep, and Lo Duca will hit .280 by the end of the year, right? hahahahahaha.

MrMadison

« Reply #706: August 10, 2008, 06:35:24 PM »

and TEH SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED is the greatest centerfielder on the face of the planet, right?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #707: August 10, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »
yeah, freak that Manny. walking all those batters. wtf is wrong with Manny? he needs to throw strikes.
Manny's decision to put in Joel with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 8th was a very poor one. Rivera had walked a few batters but it's not like he was completely falling apart. I would have trusted Rivera in that situation over Joel any day. And I said all of that before the fact too. It's not hindsight.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #708: August 10, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
Manny's decision to put in Joel with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 8th was a very poor one. Rivera had walked a few batters but it's not like he was completely falling apart. I would have trusted Rivera in that situation over Joel any day.

I think Rivera was on the verge of falling apart.  He was afraid to throw strikes. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #709: August 10, 2008, 06:38:56 PM »
Yea putting Joel in was like the, showing moment of his closing situations. He had 3 runs to work with.. Saul was at fault but he still couldve gotten himself there.. but Joel giving up a slider just wasnt the smartest thing..

MrMadison

« Reply #710: August 10, 2008, 06:39:07 PM »
Manny's decision to put in Joel with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 8th was a very poor one. Rivera had walked a few batters but it's not like he was completely falling apart. I would have trusted Rivera in that situation over Joel any day. And I said all of that before the fact too. It's not hindsight.

ok.  but when manny sticks with rivera, and rivera doesn't get out of the jam because he can't seem to throw a strike to save his life, and rivera gives up more runs, then you are still here screaming "MANNY SUCKS" because he "trusted rivera" and "left him in after he walked everyone".  so really, Manny can't do anything right in this situation, can he?

MrMadison

« Reply #711: August 10, 2008, 06:39:56 PM »
I think Rivera was on the verge of falling apart.  He was afraid to throw strikes. 

of course he was. he couldn't find the plate with GPS. 

but that'll never get in the way of some good old-fashioned manager-bashing.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #712: August 10, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
He does that from time to time but all it took was 1 pitch. I would have at least given Saul 1 chance to get the #8 hitter out to get out of the inning unscathed. Joel is the last guy I want in the game in a crucial situation with runners on base, especially when he wusses out and throws his slider instead of his 96 MPH fastball.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #713: August 10, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »
ok.  but when manny sticks with rivera, and rivera doesn't get out of the jam because he can't seem to throw a strike to save his life, and rivera gives up more runs, then you are still here screaming "FIRE MANNY" becuase he "trusted rivera" and "left him in after he walked everyone".  so really, Manny can't do anything right in this situation, can he?

Your assumptions are wrong. Keeping Rivera in to at least face Mike Rivera was the right move whether you'll admit it or not.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #714: August 10, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »
yep, and Lo Duca will hit .280 by the end of the year, right? hahahahahaha.

I don't always claim to be right, though. It's what I thought he could do based on past performance. I never said he'd hit .280, btw.

You base your predictions off of how much a player turns you on.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #715: August 10, 2008, 06:46:04 PM »

I think you were worrying about Joel possibly walking the guy more than him giving up a hit. Rivera just wasn't on today. It made sense to pull him.

MrMadison

« Reply #716: August 10, 2008, 06:46:37 PM »
Your assumptions are wrong. Keeping Rivera in to at least face Mike Rivera was the right move *in my opinion* whether you'll admit it or not.
fixed.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #717: August 10, 2008, 06:47:04 PM »
Manny just said that he "can't hide him [Ayala] anymore."  I think his time is running up in Washington and even Manny is starting to realize it.

MrMadison

« Reply #718: August 10, 2008, 06:47:53 PM »
Manny just said that he "can't hide him [Ayala] anymore."  I think his time is running up in Washington and even Manny is starting to realize it.

he actually said that, in those words?

that's kinda harsh for Manny, knowing his personality.  he must be just as sick of Ayala as we are.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #719: August 10, 2008, 06:48:10 PM »
I think you were worrying about Joel possibly walking the guy more than him giving up a hit. Rivera just wasn't on today. It made sense to pull him.
Rivera wasn't that bad. I'd say Colome, Joel, and some of the others were worse. I just wish Manny would have given the best reliever on the team a chance to clean up his own mess.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #720: August 10, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »
I don't always claim to be right, though. It's what I thought he could do based on past performance. I never said he'd hit .280, btw.

Plus the season isn't over for LoDuca just yet. I can think of some of the players that get him wet like Andruw Jones, Nook Logan, Jesus Colome, et al. that are worthless or aren't even playing right now.

You base your predictions off of how much a player turns you on.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #721: August 10, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »
he actually said that, in those words?

that's kinda harsh for Manny, knowing his personality.

Yeah, Knight even made a point of saying that Manny usually protects his players.  It seems even Manny has a breaking point.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #722: August 10, 2008, 06:51:10 PM »
Yea putting Joel in was like the, showing moment of his closing situations. He had 3 runs to work with.. Saul was at fault but he still couldve gotten himself there..

At the risk of sounding like eagleskins the bases were loaded so the 3 run cushion was only a mirage. He was only one pitch away from blowing the save and he did just that.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #723: August 10, 2008, 06:53:41 PM »
lol, yea haha i like the smiley but i mean i agree with that it was a 50 50 chance of getting screwed but out of every pitch it was a slider high

MrMadison

« Reply #724: August 10, 2008, 06:54:24 PM »
Yeah, Knight even made a point of saying that Manny usually protects his players.  It seems even Manny has a breaking point.

I think Manny sees all the young talent and what they could be capable of, and is growing weary of having dead weight dragging the team down.

either that, or Manny has been toeing the line all season, and the line is moving.

things are changing within the organization. slowly but surely.  the W/L column is always the last thing to change though.