Author Topic: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2  (Read 18370 times)

Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2
« Reply #25: May 31, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
Zim was supposed to take BP today. A good reporter would find out how it went and if Zimmerman will be ready for tomorrow's game.

You have to understand, the Nationals Journal is a secondary thing to Chico (and Barry). It is by the grace of God that the Post even provides such a thing. It's isn't supposed to be the end all place to get your Nationals News. They are the beat writers, they are writing main write ups for actual print in the Post. If they have the time, they do the blog. Barry wasn't Super Reporter either. There were somethings that would slide by him and only get mentioned two days later in passing.

A good reporter gets his story, puts the meat of the thing in his article, and everything else is secondary such blogs, books, etc. At least that is how I run myself and was taught. Chico has plenty of other responsibilities other than the NJ.

But I do agree, it is a strange hiring considering he does not know much about the team or the area. You would think they would of gotten someone a little stronger in that respect. Could you imagine if they pulled something like that with the almighty, Skins Beat? Oh yeah, fans would be crapting tiffany cufflinks.

He's got a different and fresh style. Like with this franchise, it is going to take awhile for him to stick in DC. In that comparison, he is perfect.